• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Id be surprised if it's valued higher than winning the league (or CL)

Unless you're at a level to be challenging for the title then the next marker for achievement in the league will be CL qualification (and if not at that level the Europa/Conference places and so on the further down the ladder you go)

Hate to break it to....those two things also get CL qualification. One of them is, literally, finishing top 4

One of the things i loved about going to european away games is the night before we'd meet up in a pub or 2. You had the new york spurs, amsterdam spurs. Fans from all over the world. But we were all spurs. All singing and laughing. Absolutely brilliant.

Another absolute dingdong question from the journalist though. Some of them are right idiots.

Strange isn't it when United and Liverpool are lauded for having worldwide support and no one ask their manager about them.

To be fair, the biggest moaners about tourist Spurs fans are other Spurs fans.

They draw attention to it by being clams.

There is a real entitled/superior attitude from some, just because they live closer than others and/or have more disposable income.

Fans on the other side of the world have to put far more effort into watching games than I do.

What a brick question! It’s like they’re trying to get a reaction out of Ange, hoping he’ll slip up or something. The wording of it was very antagonistic I thought.
The tone of the delivery too, don't know what journo it was but what a smarmy fudgein' prick.

What a brick question! It’s like they’re trying to get a reaction out of Ange, hoping he’ll slip up or something. The wording of it was very antagonistic I thought.
It's a terrible question, at least in the way it was worded.

I think there is merit in the discussion about how best to 'integrate' (for lack of a better word) overseas fans. If you have bunches of new-to-Spurs, first-timers, people who've never experienced a Premier League match before etc smack bang in the middle of the south stand, it can hurt the atmosphere.

But to label anyone visiting the stadium as plastic or whatever is just ignorant. Some of the best Spurs trips I've been on weren't even to London.

It's a terrible question, at least in the way it was worded.

I think there is merit in the discussion about how best to 'integrate' (for lack of a better word) overseas fans. If you have bunches of new-to-Spurs, first-timers, people who've never experienced a Premier League match before etc smack bang in the middle of the south stand, it can hurt the atmosphere.

But to label anyone visiting the stadium as plastic or whatever is just ignorant. Some of the best Spurs trips I've been on weren't even to London.

Always thought plastic fans were ones that supported a team and when they were crap jumped to support the inform team of the day. Utd, liverpool, city, chelsea.
Anyone who chose to support spurs and has stuck around have paid their dues.

Always thought plastic fans were ones that supported a team and when they were crap jumped to support the inform team of the day. Utd, liverpool, city, chelsea.
Anyone who chose to support spurs and has stuck around have paid their dues.

I don't share this opinion at all, but in Spurs' case, it's obviously Koreans who are mostly considered 'plastic' (tourists) because they won't hang around after Son leaves. Could be said of a lot of Aussies too now.

Personally "tourist fans" seems alright to me because if someone's come from overseas to watch a game they literally are a tourist, that's not a pejorative term, it's an apt description.

"Plastic fans" however, I can see why that would irk Ange or anyone else. The idea that because someone is from elsewhere means they're not as passionate is total flimflam, as said by others it's the opposite in terms of the effort / money required just for starters!

I wonder who the journo was representing, it was a dumb question to ask. It has a feeling of "inglish football for inglish people" about it. An easy one for Ange to hit out of the park given his background.

I don't share this opinion at all, but in Spurs' case, it's obviously Koreans who are mostly considered 'plastic' (tourists) because they won't hang around after Son leaves. Could be said of a lot of Aussies too now.

How do you know they won't stay around? They might not travel to games as much. Or be as avid. But i'm sure quite a few will stay spurs. A friend of mine only started supporting spurs cause of glenn hoddle. She's still a fan.

Personally "tourist fans" seems alright to me because if someone's come from overseas to watch a game they literally are a tourist, that's not a pejorative term, it's an apt description.

"Plastic fans" however, I can see why that would irk Ange or anyone else. The idea that because someone is from elsewhere means they're not as passionate is total flimflam, as said by others it's the opposite in terms of the effort / money required just for starters!

I wonder who the journo was representing, it was a dumb question to ask. It has a feeling of "inglish football for inglish people" about it. An easy one for Ange to hit out of the park given his background.

Yeah. I bet the clam uses the phrase “working man’s game” too.

Gatekeeping arsehole.

How do you know they won't stay around? They might not travel to games as much. Or be as avid. But i'm sure quite a few will stay spurs. A friend of mine only started supporting spurs cause of glenn hoddle. She's still a fan.

I said it's not an opinion I share. I agree, some/many of them will be Spurs fans for a long time. The same as many Japanese are now Brighton/Arsenal fans and will probably stick with it.

The difference for me is a Spurs fan coming from overseas, versus someone who just wants to see a football match. I'd probably be annoyed if someone called me a tourist at Spurs.

The difference for me is a Spurs fan coming from overseas, versus someone who just wants to see a football match. I'd probably be annoyed if someone called me a tourist at Spurs.

Yeah that's a fair distinction. I love seeing sports when overseas but if I see a game of ice hockey in Prague or a baseball game in Japan, as I'm not well versed in ice hockey / baseball nor linked to any team, that's absolutely me being a tourist. Different if I had a long term affinity with some club / team that I specifically made the effort to go and see.

I find it an interesting subject, it's reasonable that people would just want to pay their money and watch a game / sport. Vociferous, vocal and unconditional support isn't part of the contract when you buy a match ticket. Spectators who are there to see just one player or to take in the spectacle as a while aren't my issue, there's nothing wrong with that imo. It's more the corporate seats given to yuppies who aren't really interested ie 15 minutes late to the 2nd half, but that's a different discussion I guess!

Back