• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

He's quite clearly stated that winning a one off cup is not how you measure success. It doesn't prove anything. That's not open to interpretation.

Sustained performance will likely lead to competing for lots of cups, ideally competing for the league.

Blagging a fizzy drink trophy isn't what we should be aiming for.

Last edited:
You're such a barrel of laughs bro, and I daresay you're just about missing the entire point of Ange's handling of the media.

It's a discussion, did you just want some seal claps for how you're the bestest at understanding exactly what Ange means?

It's been noted by many others already so not to pile in but why so feisty all the time? If you want to expand on why you think I've misunderstood Ange I'm happy to read it, but if it's just handbags at dawn I'm not all that interested thanks, we already have enough drama queens on here.

• Haha
Reactions: jrh
It's a discussion, did you just want some seal claps for how you're the bestest at understanding exactly what Ange means?

It's been noted by many others already so not to pile in but why so feisty all the time? If you want to expand on why you think I've misunderstood Ange I'm happy to read it, but if it's just handbags at dawn I'm not all that interested thanks, we already have enough drama queens on here.
Not to pile in, but I'll do it anyway...

It's been noted you're pretty often a contrarian.. I have no issue with debate but debate for the sake of it doesn't do anything for me.

One man's feisty is another's straight shooter. I'm not the one trying to pick arguments and invent meaning where there isn't any.

Apologies if it doesn't sit well with you.

Not to pile in, but I'll do it anyway...

It's been noted you're pretty often a contrarian.. I have no issue with debate but debate for the sake of it doesn't do anything for me.

One man's feisty is another's straight shooter. I'm not the one trying to pick arguments and invent meaning where there isn't any.

Apologies if it doesn't sit well with you.

So you'll tell someone they've misunderstood something but choose not to add any context / reason as to why. Add in "I know you are but what am I then" and it's a full house for not wanting debate on anything but if that's how to you choose to be then all power to you.

I'm always open to the idea of being incorrect on something, in this case it just seems like what Ange said was aim for the highest possible achievement, I agree with that notion but that's not some reinventing the wheel in terms of outlook / philosophy. We also need to improve the squad, it doesn't take Prometheus' foresight to predict that Ange would think that. Again, literally every club will try to do the same on the summer.

If you want to make out that he's surpassed plato in this one press conference and whilst calling him a chubby bastard for not making the subs you wanted on another day, it seems like you're in conflict with yourself, my input isn't really needed (is it ever lol!).

I've mostly been positive about the whole shift in approach all season but I'm also realistic in terms of the achievements. It's nice having a likable manager and the football's been excellent at times, matching Conte's 4th place albeit with a full pre season / season will be decent enough but it's executing the long term goals that matter. Again it's open to interpretation but I feel that somewhat captures at least part of what Ange was getting at.

Edit - I've been banging this drum for a while but I would prefer us to get in to the EL anyways, however that's a whole other subject I guess!

So you'll tell someone they've misunderstood something but choose not to add any context / reason as to why. Add in "I know you are but what am I then" and it's a full house for not wanting debate on anything but if that's how to you choose to be then all power to you.

I'm always open to the idea of being incorrect on something, in this case it just seems like what Ange said was aim for the highest possible achievement, I agree with that notion but that's not some reinventing the wheel in terms of outlook / philosophy. We also need to improve the squad, it doesn't take Prometheus' foresight to predict that Ange would think that. Again, literally every club will try to do the same on the summer.

If you want to make out that he's surpassed plato in this one press conference and whilst calling him a chubby bastard for not making the subs you wanted on another day, it seems like you're in conflict with yourself, my input isn't really needed (is it ever lol!).

I've mostly been positive about the whole shift in approach all season but I'm also realistic in terms of the achievements. It's nice having a likable manager and the football's been excellent at times, matching Conte's 4th place albeit with a full pre season / season will be decent enough but it's executing the long term goals that matter. Again it's open to interpretation but I feel that somewhat captures at least part of what Ange was getting at.

Edit - I've been banging this drum for a while but I would prefer us to get in to the EL anyways, however that's a whole other subject I guess!
Indeed, seen a million managers saying anything other than first isn't good enough, only here to win etc it's hardly some sort of sound bite that puts Ange in a league of his own.

You do see a pattern on here if it is a manager that is popular, people get giddy at almost anything that comes out of their mouth.

Europa League would be great, a trophy that we could really have a crack at. In past Europa League campaigns we have rotated and the backups have been substandard but with another productive summer window and our squad as it is already, really think our depth is much better prepared for such ventures....

Love Ange, made a great start, but Rome wasn’t built in a day, next step to anything is getting back in the CL.

Start of the season, top 4 would have been ambitious, but after the start we had, the level our new signings have played at, and the only threat being Aston fudging villa, not qualifying for CL would be a failure imo.

"I think we made it tough for Aston Villa, they worked hard just to contain us. Last 10 minutes of the first half you could already see them starting to tire a little bit. We just had to continue to do that and we got our rewards in the second half.

We knew it was a big game obviously, everyone was talking it up as a game where it could lead to something significant. I never saw it like that, there's a good chunk of the season still to go. We just needed to stay calm, play our football. We know every game is a challenge in the Premier League, especially a team like us who are trying to gain an identity. The next step for us is to maintain a consistency of quality performances."

😍😍😍

Indeed, seen a million managers saying anything other than first isn't good enough, only here to win etc it's hardly some sort of sound bite that puts Ange in a league of his own.

You do see a pattern on here if it is a manager that is popular, people get giddy at almost anything that comes out of their mouth.

Europa League would be great, a trophy that we could really have a crack at. In past Europa League campaigns we have rotated and the backups have been substandard but with another productive summer window and our squad as it is already, really think our depth is much better prepared for such ventures....

Agree to a point. It’s just refreshing hearing one of our managers saying that top 4 isn’t the be all and end all, pretty clear the club prioritises it over trophies but hopefully Ange doesn’t feel the same way.

Agree to a point. It’s just refreshing hearing one of our managers saying that top 4 isn’t the be all and end all, pretty clear the club prioritises it over trophies but hopefully Ange doesn’t feel the same way.
To be fair, Conte pretty much said the same only with a dollop of his ego attached to it.

I like Ange and he does talk a very good game. He still has a fair bit to prove though.

To be fair, Conte pretty much said the same only with a dollop of his ego attached to it.

I like Ange and he does talk a very good game. He still has a fair bit to prove though.

Yeah for sure. Appear to be heading the right direction and playing good football which was lacking under Jose, Nuno and Conte. Still question marks defensively but hopefully less injuries next season and no international tournaments to interrupt the season.

I'm not sure which of our managers have actually made top 4 out to be the be all and end all tbh

Maybe not the managers but the club seem to value it above all else.

Id be surprised if it's valued higher than winning the league (or CL)

Unless you're at a level to be challenging for the title then the next marker for achievement in the league will be CL qualification (and if not at that level the Europa/Conference places and so on the further down the ladder you go)

Really like how consistent Ange is when talking about us. Doesn't get too carried away one way or the other. Way too much weight is often put on what managers say in press conferences. But I think the consistent message he's putting out there to the media probably mirrors some of the thinking behind the scenes.

The way he says things definitely has a flare and entertainment value, that's good. What he's saying isn't some revolutionary fantastic new way of talking about football, but it's solid, sound good stuff. And he's being consistent with that, with what the focus is and should be. That's good to see.

Back