• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I don't think at any point I said I wasn't backing him nor not proud of him n the team last night, as said - we should have buried them.

But I do think when your CB options are unable, at top speed, to quickly catch an ailing pensioner on a zimmer frame - you need to have them a touch deeper than standard to give them a fighting chance of smelling the tinkle.

I don't want us sitting back etc, we've had too much of that recently, but I do believe you need to account for a players ability. And if they ain't speedy then you need to give them a hand.

Tbf, they managed fairly well for about 15-20mins.
You mean CB option
we had one…. 1 CB on the pitch and as your say… he isn’t the quickest

what we do know is he hasnt played his best football defending in a low block. So actually playing higher up is arguably managing some of the negatives

it also helps they were a really technically poor side

Look at this high line when we were down to 9. The distance between the ball and our defensive line is literally yards. The man is absolutely insane and I love it!

The crazy thing is that it almost worked. Between Dier, Bentancur and Son we almost got 3 goals.

Standing ovation after a 1-4 loss at home to Chelsea? I really believe we have something unique on our doorstep. We need to forget about our negative sexy history, this is the future. Embrace it and back the lot of them.

IMG_0768.jpeg

Look at this high line when we were down to 9. The distance between the ball and our defensive line is literally yards. The man is absolutely insane and I love it!

The crazy thing is that it almost worked. Between Dier, Bentancur and Son we almost got 3 goals.

Standing ovation after a 1-4 loss at home to Chelsea? I really believe we have something unique on our doorstep. We need to forget about our negative sexy history, this is the future. Embrace it and back the lot of them.

View attachment 16319
I wholeheartedly agree. We have a brave, charismatic man at the helm who does things his way and seems to have the buy in from the squad.

It was 2-1 until the 94th minute. It really should have been 2-2. We absolutely coped with it. We gave up chances, but that would have happened no matter what. So if that's what's going to happen, why would you give up on your principles and change your approach? What's the point?

Even at 1-1 with 9 men, I was so impressed with how well we kept the ball at times. There were some really nice moves, which all resulted in free kicks that led to major chances. We also saw how PEH, Dier and Royal cope in very different roles in strange circumstances and they coped very well.

We learnt so much more losing 4-1 playing this way than we would have if we got a 1-1 playing with 9 players in the box. Like Ange said after the Cup loss to Fulham, we're not just going to be looking at singular results -- we're looking at the progression of the team as we build something for next season and the season after. This is a long-term thing and fudge I was happy with what I saw from everyone bar Romero yesterday.

Fully agreed. And I do think the tactical plan in isolation can be discussed. But a part of that is also that we're still early under Pochettino. I think that game will have given the players a lot of belief, trust and determination. I think that tactical choice is also helpful with the longer term installing of these principles. It's who we are.

Fully agreed. And I do think the tactical plan in isolation can be discussed. But a part of that is also that we're still early under Pochettino. I think that game will have given the players a lot of belief, trust and determination. I think that tactical choice is also helpful with the longer term installing of these principles. It's who we are.

Yep, look at his full interview when he makes the "if we had 5, we will have a crack statement"

He actually says, we are still building something here. I strongly believed he made the choice to build culture, learn about the team, send a message over a likely unrealistic hope of hanging on for a single point (we have seen that story 100 times)

p.s. interesting slip re us being still under Poch

This man is single-handedly rekindling my heretofore rapidly diminishing love for the game of football.

A 4-1 home loss to the most wretched club in world football, the very antithesis of Spurs; a doped-up, cheating, win-at-all-costs den of vile, racist clams who celebrate John fudging Terry as their greatest ever player. The very embodiment of all that is wrong with the modern game. Yet I'm giddy with excitement due to our heroic approach and Ange's exemplary words after the game.

We're surrounded by clubs run by horrendous petro-state human rights abusers and money men with little regard for their "investments" beyond profitability and sportswashing, with whining managers like Arteta and Klopp myopically demanding every decision goes their way lest they take their ball home, and here stands one man who demands nothing more than that his team play brave, entertaining, attacking football for us.

@tommysvr, I was very much on the sceptical side of his appointment but he's everything you built him up to be and more. The guy is a living, breathing Billy Nick quote and I don't think there's anyone out there more suited to managing our gloriously ridiculous club.

I'll still never sing a flippin Robbie Williams song, though.

This man is single-handedly rekindling my heretofore rapidly diminishing love for the game of football.

A 4-1 home loss to the most wretched club in world football, the very antithesis of Spurs; a doped-up, cheating, win-at-all-costs den of vile, racist clams who celebrate John fudging Terry as their greatest ever player. The very embodiment of all that is wrong with the modern game. Yet I'm giddy with excitement due to our heroic approach and Ange's exemplary words after the game.

We're surrounded by clubs run by horrendous petro-state human rights abusers and money men with little regard for their "investments" beyond profitability and sportswashing, with whining managers like Arteta and Klopp myopically demanding every decision goes their way lest they take their ball home, and here stands one man who demands nothing more than that his team play brave, entertaining, attacking football for us.

@tommysvr, I was very much on the sceptical side of his appointment but he's everything you built him up to be and more. The guy is a living, breathing Billy Nick quote and I don't think there's anyone out there more suited to managing our gloriously ridiculous club.

I love hearing it. To be fair, I didn’t predict it going this well. But I’m not surprised Spurs fans have taken to him so well. It was the main reason I wanted him (this post):

Put simply, his personality. He’s exactly the type of manager and person that we need at the moment. We’ve been down the ‘world class manager/tactician’ route and it’s obviously not worked. If the next manager is not Poch, then Ange is the closest thing to him in my opinion. It’s also what separates Ange from Rodgers. Most don’t want Rodgers because he comes across as a bit of a clam, an egomaniac, all about himself (the same reason I’m wary of Nagelsmann.)

Ange would get everyone pulling in one direction. He’ll back the club, he’ll back his players and he’ll make us enjoy Spurs again. ”He’s never done it in a big league” will always be thrown around, but rather than making that our number one criteria, why not find someone who is a great fit for Spurs, our players and the culture we have?

Most managers/coaches are where they are because they were good footballers. Ange was decent but he never got out of the Australian National Soccer League. He became a manager because he loved football, and he loved football because it was his connection to his Dad. He saw his Dad come alive when watching exciting football and mixing with his community. So Ange very much gets it from our perspective and I think we’re seeing that. Long may it continue and if he can bring us a couple of trophies over the next few years, he will go down with some names that he shouldn’t be mentioned alongside just yet.

My “like” is for everything you said. Except the last line :)

I love hearing it. To be fair, I didn’t predict it going this well. But I’m not surprised Spurs fans have taken to him so well. It was the main reason I wanted him (this post):

Most managers/coaches are where they are because they were good footballers. Ange was decent but he never got out of the Australian National Soccer League. He became a manager because he loved football, and he loved football because it was his connection to his Dad. He saw his Dad come alive when watching exciting football and mixing with his community. So Ange very much gets it from our perspective and I think we’re seeing that. Long may it continue and if he can bring us a couple of trophies over the next few years, he will go down with some names that he shouldn’t be mentioned alongside just yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8CJYVcZI1U&t=190s

Rio Ferdinand had this interview with him on TV last night

And a 3rd manager of the month award. We’ve already lost this month. So I think it will stop there. Let someone else have a go!

Proper test for the squad in the coming games with players missing through injuries and suspensions. Even when Romero is back being without Van der Ven and Maddison will be a big test.

Imo less of a "test" for Ange. He has shown what he can do when most of the first team is there, even with 1-2 players missing. If more players missing means we drop a level or two I don't think that's on Ange. But of course a challenge for him too.

I really think no matter what happens in the coming weeks we're still looking really good slightly longer term.

I also really think we should still be optimistic about the coming games. We'll play the way we want to, results be what they may be. We have every reason to be proud of this team again.

I do get this sneaky feeling that even with this many important players missing we'll find a way to be a rather good team.

Great post, sums up everything i feel.

fudging hell, you could just listen to this guy all day long ..

I love the insight he gives now on what it is to build a team and the nuances into making signing. It's refreshing that we break down that barrier we have as fans of "ohhhh just go out and sign him" or the blame being apportioned to one person for "failures" in the market.

I love Ange for what he has delivered so far but also the openness in the journey that means we all get to live it more and also learn from it ourselves

I know it’s TalkSport but this is the brick I want people saying about us. It’s all been nice and positive to this point, but also a lot of it very patronising. “The DVD is coming soon” is a great line for Ange to feed off. I think he works best when the doubters come for him.

How cynical a game that we have a manager who owns every part of success and failure whilst doing it with class and respect, yet that class and respect is weaponised against him.

To quote an old school mate, this lot are a bunch of dinlows

Back