• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Welcome to Spurs. The posts about Ange gives renewed hope and I look forward to watching Spurs on this journey. There will be ups and downs but why else are we fans and supporters? COYS!!
We have had ups, now we have had downs. Luckily we have the international break and Ange can have time with some players to sort out the issues he must have seen recently.

My optimistic self (back after a horrible year personally), thinks these last two games could be pivotal in improving the players Ange wants to keep, and showing the players he doesn’t want to keep.

I’m gutted by the wolves result (how many times will that cnut Lemina score from a chance like that?), but I’m convinced this will ultimately be for the best v

COYS!

We have had ups, now we have had downs. Luckily we have the international break and Ange can have time with some players to sort out the issues he must have seen recently.

My optimistic self (back after a horrible year personally), thinks these last two games could be pivotal in improving the players Ange wants to keep, and showing the players he doesn’t want to keep.

I’m gutted by the wolves result (how many times will that cnut Lemina score from a chance like that?), but I’m convinced this will ultimately be for the best v

COYS!

If Ange doesn’t try players he will never know how they can play

The one that really disappoints me is Rodon. Never got a game preseason and sent to leeds
Leeds fans think he is amazing with and without the ball

If Ange doesn’t try players he will never know how they can play

The one that really disappoints me is Rodon. Never got a game preseason and sent to leeds
Leeds fans think he is amazing with and without the ball
Rodon is a strange one. Has never really been given a chance at Spurs.

12 games gone
66% win ratio
Only 2 defeats
26pts

Yes the last two games have been hard to take - that of itself is a positive. Before the season started we expected those kind of results to be the norm.
Even if we have a very tough time until Xmas we'll end probably en-par with our pre season expectations.

This is a few seasons rebuild - still is. With that came risk. The risk being a worse scenario of the CBs, Madders or Vicario not working out of being unavailable. We know past about 13 players that there is a big drop off, it's why we got to where we are.
Dier, GLC, PEH etc are squad players at best. Any team that suddenly has to bring in lots of squad players will struggle. Even moreso when players are out of position.

There is also a fascinating phycological learning curve across the league - 90 mins is no longer the end of the game. You need to "see out the last three minutes" anymore. We'll see lots of interesting results because of it - we already have.

Ange is still learning too. He's galvanized everywhere he's been. The PL is the least forgiving league in the world. He's have got away with the last two games with good results in Scotland etc. You don't in the PL. So he will learn from that. And he lacks the support of real experienced PL leaders on the pitch to help see these last ten minutes through.

We are great shape. If the first 12 games is replicated across the season, we'll finish 3-6th based on most previous seasons. 65pts will almost certainly make top 6.
We'd have all taken that preseason.
Add in the league is far more equal across a good 12-14 teams and the added time, I think the points threshold for 6th will be quite low.

It's good we have a long break now to work on Dier and Davies or Royal at CB. None of them would have been expected to be needed for a few months at CB, so the work needs doing now. It's also a time for Ange to tweak the system to accommodate the lack of pace for recovery.

12 games gone
66% win ratio
Only 2 defeats
26pts

Yes the last two games have been hard to take - that of itself is a positive. Before the season started we expected those kind of results to be the norm.
Even if we have a very tough time until Xmas we'll end probably en-par with our pre season expectations.

This is a few seasons rebuild - still is. With that came risk. The risk being a worse scenario of the CBs, Madders or Vicario not working out of being unavailable. We know past about 13 players that there is a big drop off, it's why we got to where we are.
Dier, GLC, PEH etc are squad players at best. Any team that suddenly has to bring in lots of squad players will struggle. Even moreso when players are out of position.

There is also a fascinating phycological learning curve across the league - 90 mins is no longer the end of the game. You need to "see out the last three minutes" anymore. We'll see lots of interesting results because of it - we already have.

Ange is still learning too. He's galvanized everywhere he's been. The PL is the least forgiving league in the world. He's have got away with the last two games with good results in Scotland etc. You don't in the PL. So he will learn from that. And he lacks the support of real experienced PL leaders on the pitch to help see these last ten minutes through.

We are great shape. If the first 12 games is replicated across the season, we'll finish 3-6th based on most previous seasons. 65pts will almost certainly make top 6.
Add in the league is far more equal across a good 12-14 teams and the added time, I think the points threshold for 6th will be quite low.

It's good we have a long break now to work on Dier and Davies or Royal at CB. None of them would have been expected to be needed for a few months at CB, so the work needs doing now. It's also a time for Ange to tweak the system to accommodate the lack of pace for recovery.

Great post mate.

12 games gone
66% win ratio
Only 2 defeats
26pts

We are potentially going to be amazing under abge

What is frustrating about this week is Romero… he ddidnt need to do, what he did and we wouldn’t have lost him and VDV.

We would have beaten Chelsea and Wolves imo

But the key is Ange learns about his team more and more

COYS!

It's still a great start. As you say Wolves is a shame, I was expecting Ange to take a few more risks with his selection. If he can play a high line like that with 9 men, then trying out a Dorrington/Phillips at LCB and GLC or Donley at number 10. It was much more pragmatic than I was expecting.

Also a worry to be so dependent on 1 player again with Maddison out. I perhaps naively hoped the system would enable us to still create somewhat, but we struggled to create much all game.

A couple of bumps. On to Villa and the rebuild continues.

Last edited:
It's still a great start. As you say Wolves is a shame, I was expecting Ange to take a few more risks with his selection. If he can play a high line like that with 9 men, then trying out a Dorrington/Phillips at LCB and GLC or Donley at number 10. It was much more pragmatic than I was expecting.

Also a worry to be so dependent on 1 player again with Maddison out. I perhaps naively hoped the system would enable us to still create somewhat, but we struggled to create much all game.

A couple of bumps. On to Villa and the rebuild continues.
We’re not necessarily dependant on one plqyer
It’s hard to tell as we had to change many more huge players

We’re not necessarily dependant on one plqyer
It’s hard to tell as we had to change many more huge players

Yes it is too early to tell, but I didn't think the defence was the problem it was the progression in midfield. Bissouma, Sarr, Royal and PEH all struggling to keep the ball and move it forward.

Villa we have no Bissouma but the return of Udogie, so interesting to see who he picks. However Udogie is still on 4 yellows (and we could conceivably be in the same position against City if Udogie gets suspended).

I am pleased he is protecting Bentancur's recovery but I hope we are a bit more adventurous with our selection for Villa. I dread the narrative if we lose 3 on the bounce after such a great start, although there are mitigating circumstances.

Yes it is too early to tell, but I didn't think the defence was the problem it was the progression in midfield. Bissouma, Sarr, Royal and PEH all struggling to keep the ball and move it forward.

Villa we have no Bissouma but the return of Udogie, so interesting to see who he picks. However Udogie is still on 4 yellows (and we could conceivably be in the same position against City if Udogie gets suspended).

I am pleased he is protecting Bentancur's recovery but I hope we are a bit more adventurous with our selection for Villa. I dread the narrative if we lose 3 on the bounce after such a great start, although there are mitigating circumstances.
The only 'narrative' that matters is the one at the club internally. The rest is just noise. I feel like the foundations are being put in place for a seismic change in the club. I know this has been felt before with Mou and Conte, but Ange feels more 'spurs' than those two narcissists.

We are potentially going to be amazing under abge

What is frustrating about this week is Romero… he ddidnt need to do, what he did and we wouldn’t have lost him and VDV.

We would have beaten Chelsea and Wolves imo

But the key is Ange learns about his team more and more
Exactly. And that includes Romero. That could have happened in quite a few games this season, but Ange will have to consider to what extent Romero's up sides weight Vs his bad sides.
All pre Ange players are being assessed for their suitability for the long term.

We need to make sure we play a midfield that keeps the ball

I thought he was on 3 along with Sarr and Hojbjerg

The only 'narrative' that matters is the one at the club internally. The rest is just noise. I feel like the foundations are being put in place for a seismic change in the club. I know this has been felt before with Mou and Conte, but Ange feels more 'spurs' than those two narcissists.
Could not agree more.

We need to make sure we play a midfield that keeps the ball
Perhaps Bentancur will be ready for a start or Lo Celso gets the nod as we looked better when he came on.

I thought he was on 3 along with Sarr and Hojbjerg

Ah that's good news. Google says 4 but Premier League says 3 and 1 red.

Back