• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

You don't build a winning mentality by rolling over for teams to win a pot.
However this plays out ange should (and IMHO will) use this as a motivational tool.
Do you really want to see other teams celebrating winning the league at our ground.

However this plays out ange should (and IMHO will) use this as a motivational tool.
Do you really want to see other teams celebrating winning the league at our ground.

I'll be too busy celebrating Arsenal not winning the league to notice whatever City are doing in that situation.

You don't get married with the intention to cheat on your partner ... but if Margot Robbie swings by and offers the goods ... you don't say no.

We need 1pt to finish fifth, by that measure beating City is pretty much meaningless for us (especially with Sheffield United waiting in the wings), BUT it would mean the world to Arsenal, the team this club and us fans have hated with a passion since time began.

Why would you do that?

We need 1pt to finish fifth, by that measure beating City is pretty much meaningless for us (especially with Sheffield United waiting in the wings), BUT it would mean the world to Arsenal, the team this club and us fans have hated with a passion since time began.

Why would you do that?

Still a possibility of cl football. Very slight though.

I do hate Arsenal and their fans, and would love to take 6 points off them next season. But this season, never mind Arsenal. Try and finish as strong as possible, two more wins would be ideal. Play the formation which ended yesterday's game and let the team play Angeball....it ain't a done deal that we will beat Sheffield who are under no pressure. We've seen us crumble before, away on the last day of the season. I don't want Chelsea to catch us, that is far more important to me than what Woolwich do.

I do hate Arsenal and their fans, and would love to take 6 points off them next season. But this season, never mind Arsenal. Try and finish as strong as possible, two more wins would be ideal. Play the formation which ended yesterday's game and let the team play Angeball....it ain't a done deal that we will beat Sheffield who are under no pressure. We've seen us crumble before, away on the last day of the season. I don't want Chelsea to catch us, that is far more important to me than what Woolwich do.

We only need 1 point. If we can’t manage that against the worst team in the league then we deserve to finish below Chelsea.

We only need 1 point. If we can’t manage that against the worst team in the league then we deserve to finish below Chelsea.
For me it's quite simple. If Villa lose or even draw to Liverpool we have to try and beat City - Palace away is a very difficult game right now and with the pressure of them needing a result we would be in with a shout. If they beat Liverpool and wrap up 4th then fudge the City game.

I'm quite happy to roll the dice and go to Sheffield Utd needing a point for 5th. Regardless, I don't know why people are talking like we need to throw the City game anyway, the way we have been playing for months they will wipe the floor with us putting in maximum effort anyway:D....

Last edited:
I’ll back it every single time not doing it means it could hand Arsenal the title, the only exception being if losing would mean we were relegated.
That's not sport, it's childish.
If Arsenal win the title, fair play to them - they'll have earned it.
Suggesting you'd want to lose a sporting contest to stop someone else winning is pathetic and petty.
We should be in the competition to win, not stop someone else because we don't like them.

Why would you do that?
Yeah, that's not even a bit true. Even if you count it from 1882, it's still very very untrue.

And when we think about that and compare it to our thoughts in June last year, it's very impressive!
I was feeling ready to give up on football all together, and although I knew deep down I'd get sucked in again at some point, the positivity that Ange brought made me get back into it much sooner than I anticipated.

Last season really was the biggest downer I've had in my 30+ years supoorting Spurs. Strangely so, as losses could ruin my mood for days when I was young.

Now I'm much more laidback and grounded in my support, which TBH is very liberating.

My thoughts as well, I always want MY team to win every game they play and this game is no different.

I was feeling ready to give up on football all together, and although I knew deep down I'd get sucked in again at some point, the positivity that Ange brought made me get back into it much sooner than I anticipated.

Last season really was the biggest downer I've had in my 30+ years supoorting Spurs. Strangely so, as losses could ruin my mood for days when I was young.

Now I'm much more laidback and grounded in my support, which TBH is very liberating.
Snap!!
I'm almost a little annoyed at Ange 😁

That's not sport, it's childish.
If Arsenal win the title, fair play to them - they'll have earned it.
Suggesting you'd want to lose a sporting contest to stop someone else winning is pathetic and petty.
We should be in the competition to win, not stop someone else because we don't like them.
I’d say you’re in a very small minority.

And just because you think or feel something, it doesn’t mean it’s right - so I’ll ignore the lecture, ta, and go on enjoying the rivalry.

Back