• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welbeck

He would offer us pace and goals from the left and he works bloody hard.
He isn't glamorous and he is hardly unknown but he will be a good signing for us IMO

Bit of English snobbery going on I think.

If he was some unknown foreigner, with a few you tube vids, called Danno Welbekinho, no doubt everyone would be clamoring for him. Being English doesn't mean he is awful. Daniel Sturridge was rubbished by more than a few people when he moved to Liverpool and that didn't work out too badly for them!

Last edited:
I'll be pleased to see Welbeck here. He has a better all round game than any of our current forwards. Shame we don't have a Sterling equivalent, to link up with him.

If he was some unknown foreigner, with a few you tube vids, called Danno Welbekinho, no doubt everyone would be clamoring for him. Being English doesn't mean he is awful. Daniel Sturridge was rubbished by more than a few people when he moved to Liverpool and that didn't work out too badly for them!

I think he is awful because I've watched him be awful at football pretty much every time I've seen him play, his nationality doesn't really come in to it

I think he is awful because I've watched him be awful at football pretty much every time I've seen him play, his nationality doesn't really come in to it

I'm sure there were MANY examples of him NOT being awful in the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons, in the league Champions league and internationally (including for England as he scored a delightful goal in Euro 2012:-")

Maybe you haven't watched him enough?

Part of what concerns me about Welbeck is the time and staff that are being devoted to this potential transfer whilst more suitable targets are being left behind.

Welbeck is ok. I used to think that he was rubbish but I now think that he has something about him. I have seen a few performances in which he has demonstrated that he is a team player, will work hard and he can score goals.

The problem is that he shouldn't be considered a priority target. We should be bringing in better players than Welbeck.

I'm sure there were MANY examples of him NOT being awful in the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons, in the league Champions league and internationally (including for England as he scored a delightful goal in Euro 2012:-")

Maybe you haven't watched him enough?

=D>

It doesn't make him awful, it does make him massively overpriced.

If Wellbeck and Wellbekinho had the same skills and attributes, do you think Wellbekinho would be on £100k per week?

Part of what concerns me about Welbeck is the time and staff that are being devoted to this potential transfer whilst more suitable targets are being left behind.

Welbeck is ok. I used to think that he was rubbish but I now think that he has something about him. I have seen a few performances in which he has demonstrated that he is a team player, will work hard and he can score goals.

The problem is that he shouldn't be considered a priority target. We should be bringing in better players than Welbeck.

If it's a loan though? Perhaps we can't currently see that better player, so we don't feel that there is time to get a deal done for them. Welbeck on loan for a year can be a temporary solution and we can get a permanent in next summer, or maybe even January.

Currently looking like a replacement for Lennon..

He is awful. It's true.

Think we might just be in for him due to the 'home grown' nature.

Back