• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We have finally found Van Der Vaart's best position

Best position for him is off a front man - he played well there last season despite the target man being Crouch and has played well there this season with Ade. It makes the best use of his control, vision and passing and he's a great means for bringing our wingers into play. It also hides his lack of pace, whereas out wide where there tends to be more space and where pace is more key, he does look slow.

Lastly, and something which people seem to often forget, I think he's comfortably the best finisher at the club and therefore it makes sense to have him in a central and advanced position

Lastly, and something which people seem to often forget, I think he's comfortably the best finisher at the club and therefore it makes sense to have him in a central and advanced position

Not sure that's true tbh. As well as he's played in the last 3 games he's also missed some very good chances in them. Chelsea there was that double miss, one where he could have stuck it anywhere except straight at the keeper and it was a goal, but he hit it straight at him AND fudged the rebound. Against Bolton he got played through one-on-one and shot straight at Bogdan. Then yesterday he had a good chance when the ball came to him on the right hand side in the first half and he stuck it wide.

I reckon Saha is probably the best finisher at the club.

Forgot about Saha however bit too early for me to judge....whilst we all form opinions of players when at other clubs, you never really get a true view of them until they're at your club and are watching them week in week out

Excluding Saha, I would say that Van Der Vaart is our best finisher, then Bale or Krancjar

Excluding Saha, I would say that Van Der Vaart is our best finisher, then Bale or Krancjar

I'd put Defoe in there - he's been very sharp this season and considerably more efficient in front of goals compared to previous years.

Krunchie has become more of a luxury player of late, imv

Well, we can talk all day about theoretical finishing ability, but we have to conclude that apart from playing a whole big part right now when fit, Rafa is not only getting into positions but also banging them in.

I think Saha and Defoe have a real job out of hand to dispose Ade, because he gives us so much else in addition to goals.

I'd put Defoe in there - he's been very sharp this season and considerably more efficient in front of goals compared to previous years.

Krunchie has become more of a luxury player of late, imv

Luxury player yes but he's still a better finisher than most

Oh, I thought Adam was. My bad.

Krunchie. Hmmm. Difficult to say. Can anyone actually remember him being match for Spurs ?

Back on the original question...do we keep Rafa in the same position against Sunderland? Or start Lennon with Rafa in the middle?

Back