• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Watches

So you mean if I got a PP from this guy then it would use the exact same components and everything would be identical with the only difference being that it wouldn't have come through the official channels.

No, PP manufacture all their parts in Switzerland by hand - it's impossible to get an exact replica of one of those. If you went for most Tags though, they tend to be proper replicas.

It all depends on the movement the original uses - you would need to do a lot of research first. If the original's movement is from China, chances are that guy can replica it.

No, PP manufacture all their parts in Switzerland by hand - it's impossible to get an exact replica of one of those. If you went for most Tags though, they tend to be proper replicas.

It all depends on the movement the original uses - you would need to do a lot of research first. If the original's movement is from China, chances are that guy can replica it.

This, but...

Most of the replicas will just use a cheap quartz movement, rather than the more expensive automatic ones

Although there's no way anybody could tell it wasn't original whilst its on your wrist

That said, I'm VERY tempted to get myself a PP or an IWC replica

If only as just a reminder to myself to work my c*ock off to earn the ?ú5K needed to get the original =P~

This, but...

Most of the replicas will just use a cheap quartz movement, rather than the more expensive automatic ones

Although there's no way anybody could tell it wasn't original whilst its on your wrist

If only as just a reminder to myself to work my c*ock off to earn the ?ú5K needed to get the original =P~

That site is very clear about which ones use quartz knockoffs and which are built 'properly'

This, but...

There is a difference btween proper replicas and cheap fakes, replicas will attempt to copy the original as closely as possible (automatic movements and the same materials) this is why they tend to be priced in the ?ú300+ range, you do however get different grades so its worth chacking. Fakes tend to be made of monkey metal and contain a ?ú1 quartz movement, they also tend to only work for about a month.

Take a look here

Last edited:
Holy thread ressurection Batman!

With xmas looming I`ve been looking to treat myself to a new watch. Cant afford anything too pricey but I like Tags for the looks and price, and have spotted this that I like the look of

http://www.chrono24.com/en/heuer/vi...uer&tab=details&urlSubpath=/heuer/index-3.htm

If I could find one and could stretch to it I would get an original. See the comparison here-- http://www.onthedash.com/docs/CompareCarreras.shtml

But I have always liked the Omega Seamaster especially the James Bond editions, and the older ones can be picked up quite cheap, so what do you think? Any other recommendations?

Cheers

rsz_audemars_piguet_royal_oak_chronograph.jpg

I'd struggle to read the time using that, they need more contrast between the hands and the face.

Mate just back from Dubai. Apparently loads of kosher watches that have been robbed from factories available.

So are these for sale somewhere?
TBH I want a genuine watch, for the quality warranty etc plus like you said the whole point is that you know that it real and how much you paid even if everyone else thinks its a fake.

Where I come from if the locals thought you had an expensive watch you would probably end up getting robbed anyway, it wasn`t so long ago a guy on his lunch break got stabbed to death for his phone in broad daylight by a crackhead

Hold thread resurrection

Have decided to treat myself on my birthday

But can't decide between blue / white face

DSC_0030.jpg

My instincts? The less fussy the greater long term appreciation value, there's your trade off.

EDIT: Didn't make myself clear, a Brietling classic as opposed to a contemporary watch is more likely to be a nest egg for your progeny.

Last edited:
My instincts? The less fussy the greater long term appreciation value, there's your trade off.

EDIT: Didn't make myself clear, a Brietling classic as opposed to a contemporary watch is more likely to be a nest egg for your progeny.

Been reading up.

"Complications" are good too.

This was also voted the number 1 Breitling ever on an enthusiasts site:

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43020

EDIT: Oh and I don't (and never will) have any progeny :)

Back