• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Chiriches official

Is he really any good ? Don't know anything about him. Of all our 7 new players, he is the only one not given any coverage in the media.

At the moment he's average, for English football. Good seasons for Steaua, but he was massively overrated here, in Romania. Personally, I don't think he was worth such a transfer fee, but nevertheless, he has potential and if he keeps his head straight, could end up as a great player for us.

Is he really any good ? Don't know anything about him. Of all our 7 new players, he is the only one not given any coverage in the media.

I saw him against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the EL, and from that: Fairly quick, very good on the ball for a CB, not very good in the air, and need to adapt to the PL game pace. Not as physical as Verts, but as good as him with the ball to his feet. Would guess he is as quick as Verts as well.

Would think the club would announce it when it's sorted. It's been weeks though so it's strange that it's not done yet.

Hoping to see him on Thursday, would be a good game to get a start.

I am a little puzzled why we bought Chiriches. Would you play him with Kaboul?

I am a little puzzled why we bought Chiriches. Would you play him with Kaboul?

Never seen him play. I'm assuming that we signed him because he's awesome though.

Less physical than Kaboul and Dawson, but better on the ball and supposedly also good along the ground with tackles etc in addition to being better on the ball.

Against quite a few teams in the league I imagine he could play alongside any one of our 3 other senior centre backs. Against some of the more direct and physical sides we might want to have Dawson or Kaboul alongside Vertonghen who obviously remains first choice.

It's not impossible that inside the club they know something about Kaboul's long-term prognosis that the rest of us don't.

Also, Vlad is only 23, which is another good rationale for the "investment" (which was modest of course). He's still several years off his prime as a CB.

It's not impossible that inside the club they know something about Kaboul's long-term prognosis that the rest of us don't.

Also, Vlad is only 23, which is another good rationale for the "investment" (which was modest of course). He's still several years off his prime as a CB.

I think you are right. I have had this bad feeling for a long time now that he hasnt fully recovered from the injury and we possibly have another Ledley on our hands

Vlad Chiriches will have to wait a while longer to make his Tottenham debut as he is still awaiting a work permit, manager Andre Villas-Boas has revealed.

The 23-year-old arrived at White Hart Lane at the end of August but red tape has prevented him from making his bow.

Villas-Boas says it is just a matter of time until the Romania defender will be eligible to appear for his side.

When asked about the centre-back's work permit, he said: "We are waiting for the post to arrive. As awkward as that may look and sound, that is the reality."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/spurs...mit-chiriches-13091860581#MZxu6liyxls0FLUy.99

Back