• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Thought he played well yesterday. A couple of heart in your mouth moments but covered well, was aggressive when he had to be and used the ball well the majority of the time.

IN terms of talent, he is in a different stratosphere to the likes of paulinho but will always struggle in PL as he is small for a centre half and not very commanding. Move to italy makes sense

Thought he played well yesterday. A couple of heart in your mouth moments but covered well, was aggressive when he had to be and used the ball well the majority of the time.

IN terms of talent, he is in a different stratosphere to the likes of paulinho but will always struggle in PL as he is small for a centre half and not very commanding. Move to italy makes sense

That "talent" is irrelevant if he cannot even do the basics right i.e. defend properly, not take unnecessary risks and have poor positional play.

Those 'heart in your mouth moments' though are precisely what you dont want from a CB

Oppositional play is actually fairly good..... He has had plenty of exceptional games at centre half in the PL

Oppositional play is actually fairly good..... He has had plenty of exceptional games at centre half in the PL

He cewrtainly has - its not like he never proved himself as a defender last year.

The couple of chances he took last night, from what I remember were at least further up the pitch. Losing the ball whilst trying something whilst moving towards the half way line and beyond is ok for me, its when he's done stupid things in very dangerous areas that is frustrating. Unlike many, Im not prepared to give up on this guy....

He cewrtainly has - its not like he never proved himself as a defender last year.

The couple of chances he took last night, from what I remember were at least further up the pitch. Losing the ball whilst trying something whilst moving towards the half way line and beyond is ok for me, its when he's done stupid things in very dangerous areas that is frustrating. Unlike many, Im not prepared to give up on this guy....

He did it at least once in our final third of the pitch.

He did it at least once in our final third of the pitch.
Don't all of our defenders have at least one heart in mouth moment per game? I think that he has done OK in the last two games and based on his half against Hull, I prefer him standing in at RB to Dier.

Don't all of our defenders have at least one heart in mouth moment per game? I think that he has done OK in the last two games and based on his half against Hull, I prefer him standing in at RB to Dier.

One maybe, he normally has about 5 :lol: I'm not sure if he will ever curb that tendency to take risks.

One maybe, he normally has about 5 :lol: I'm not sure if he will ever curb that tendency to take risks.
I think that there has been an improvement in his form in the last two games. Obviously, we need to caveat that with it being against a ten man Hull and a poor Partizan but I am a glass half full person and I am happy to celebrate any upturn in form.

Agreed!

Did well against Partizan and also played some excellent passes to our forward players.

There is something about him that is stopping me from writing him off atm - i can't see him being a CB but he has too much technique and little flashes of skill on the ball to give up on

I thought he was very good today maybe right back is his best position? He is very good on the ball just think he takes too many risks to be a top class center back

Another good game from him. Easily ahead of Dier at right back right now, and a good enough backup that even if Yedlin takes some time getting up to speed we really shouldn't have any concerns about selling Naughton in January. (Not a slight on Naughton, solid PL footballer for sure).

I have always liked him. I like his versatility, would be interested to see how he performs as a DM but happy with him as back up RB.With so many games we need him....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He would still take just as many careless risks whether he's right back, centre back, DM or up front. Still dives in too much and is positionally not the best.

From DiMarzio:

Roma's transfer window has come alive. Manager Rudi Garcia could soon welcome a new defender: 25 year old Tottenham defender Vlad Chiriches. Roma representatives met with the player's entourage today, and together they are working on a strategy to convince Tottenham to reduce their asking price for the Romanian . The situation is evolving constantly, Roma are closing in on Chiriches

Obviously most will be celebrating his departure, but I like him - especially at RB and hes a great squad rotation guy to have. Probably better suited to Italy...

Back