• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

He looked scared to put a tackle in, sheepishly standing around whilst the WBA players breezed past him. I think it might be a confidence issue, rather than his ability level, but either way his performance was dire.

He should have load of confidence he's "first choice" for the last two games.

He's just a **** as he always is when tested.
My opinion of him hasnt changed a single bit today.

I don't think people on here realise what they are saying. Verts and Fazio both only got back into the country late Thursday night/ early Friday morning, and with Walker injured we literally had no other option. I'm certain that Poch wanted him gone this summer, but like so many other players we couldn't flog him. Going forward I'm certain we will have Verts and Fazio as first choice with Kaboul and Dier as backup, but right now Poch has to rotate the team.

So why play them in Europe? Unless he's going to go all out in Europe and isn't too bothered about the league?

I don't think people on here realise what they are saying. Verts and Fazio both only got back into the country late Thursday night/ early Friday morning, and with Walker injured we literally had no other option. I'm certain that Poch wanted him gone this summer, but like so many other players we couldn't flog him. Going forward I'm certain we will have Verts and Fazio as first choice with Kaboul and Dier as backup, but right now Poch has to rotate the team.

Poch made a decision on Monday or Tuesday to play Vertonghen and Fazio on Thursday and play Kaboul and Chiriches today.
He left Kaboul behind. But Chiriches traveled and "only got back into the country late Thursday night/ early Friday morning"

Chriches is a defensive **** up waiting to happen. And he has got no pace.

Yet someone in our scouting team must have seen something, though can't think what. I am sure if Poch could have got rid in the transfer window he would have. Blimey how we needed someone like lescott today.

Verts would have been a better option

What sums him up was when he was shielding the ball to let it run out for a goal kick which it would have but then he decides to stop it and be clever...and gives away a corner.

If he wants to impress fans, just bloody defend and be good at that! A great problem we have is that we always want attacking football from everyone. A full back gets rated more for his attacking threat than defensive. Our defensive midfielders are also our playmakers and with this clown we have a central defender who thinks he is a winger!

Didn't think he was bad defensively today, just needs to improve his decision making on the ball.

Poch obviously wants us to play a fairly high risk style when building from the back.

What sums him up was when he was shielding the ball to let it run out for a goal kick which it would have but then he decides to stop it and be clever...and gives away a corner.

If he wants to impress fans, just bloody defend and be good at that! A great problem we have is that we always want attacking football from everyone. A full back gets rated more for his attacking threat than defensive. Our defensive midfielders are also our playmakers and with this clown we have a central defender who thinks he is a winger!

This is so true! I can't wait for the day when we sign a tough, no nonsense defender in the vain of Kompany and not nice, pretty footballers like this guy.

I think he had touched that ball in the shielding situation you're talking about.

Total football. No attacking passengers. It's a thing.

This is so true! I can't wait for the day when we sign a tough, no nonsense defender in the vain of Kompany and not nice, pretty footballers like this guy.

Kompany is excellent on the ball. Fazio is tough, as is/was Kaboul. Kompany is world class though, that's the difference.

Didn't think he was bad defensively today, just needs to improve his decision making on the ball.

Poch obviously wants us to play a fairly high risk style when building from the back.

I hate saying this, but I think he's a lost cause. He has no tactical discipline or awareness and as you point out, his decision making is woeful.

I think he had touched that ball in the shielding situation you're talking about.

Total football. No attacking passengers. It's a thing.

Kompany is excellent on the ball. Fazio is tough, as is/was Kaboul. Kompany is world class though, that's the difference.

That's true but he's a defender first and foremost. None of this fancy dan ****ing about with the ball, taking risks and bombing forward without caution.

That's true but he's a defender first and foremost. None of this fancy dan ****ing about with the ball, taking risks and bombing forward without caution.

When was the last time Chiriches bombed forward without caution? We have two deep central midfielders, for a central defender to step up into midfield when there's space and for Capoue to fill in seems pretty standard to me.

Kompany quite frequently takes risks. He's not averse to dribbling past a player to create space to find the right pass. It's about decision making and it's about accurately judging when to try stuff like that and when not to.

AgitatedDistortedDegu.gif

Chiriches is still adapting to this league, he's not getting away with some stuff he probably got away with in Romania I think. If Poch is telling him to change drastically and he's not it's a problem, I see no reason to think that's the case.

When was the last time Chiriches bombed forward without caution? We have two deep central midfielders, for a central defender to step up into midfield when there's space and for Capoue to fill in seems pretty standard to me.

Kompany quite frequently takes risks. He's not averse to dribbling past a player to create space to find the right pass. It's about decision making and it's about accurately judging when to try stuff like that and when not to.

AgitatedDistortedDegu.gif

Chiriches is still adapting to this league, he's not getting away with some stuff he probably got away with in Romania I think. If Poch is telling him to change drastically and he's not it's a problem, I see no reason to think that's the case.

You've found one example of Kompany doing it, Chiriches does it almost every week and he loses the ball far more often than Kompany.

If you think Chiriches is good enough then I may just have to bow out of this debate as I've outlined why I think he isn't good enough.

So you are saying Poch appointed Kaboul as captain but will only use him as backup?

You've found one example of Kompany doing it, Chiriches does it almost every week and he loses the ball far more often than Kompany.

If you think Chiriches is good enough then I may just have to bow out of this debate as I've outlined why I think he isn't good enough.

I agree that he has to improve his decision making on the ball. I also think that he can do that.

I was right behind the signing of Pochettino and really keen for this season to take shape as I thought we had a good squad... suddenly Kaboul is captain with Kaboul and Chiriches first choice.

Baffling and worrying, clearly those two are calamitous defenders, everybody in the Premier League knows it... if Poch can't see that Fazio and Verts are better players then WOW I am very worried about his decision making.

I was right behind the signing of Pochettino and really keen for this season to take shape as I thought we had a good squad... suddenly Kaboul is captain with Kaboul and Chiriches first choice.

Baffling and worrying, clearly those two are calamitous defenders, everybody in the Premier League knows it... if Poch can't see that Fazio and Verts are better players then WOW I am very worried about his decision making.

Unsurprisingly it seems that Poch is bedding in most of our new signings a bit slowly. Makes sense, particularly with those arriving late in the window.

I think Fazio will be a regular starter quite soon. I would expect him to start next to Vertonghen, although the captaincy being given to Kaboul might change that if Kaboul starts performing very well again.

Back