• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

I'm guessing he would do at least alright there, but hasn't struck me as the kind of metronomic passer we need as one of our deep midfielders (imo) and in terms of out and out defensive midfielders we have plenty of options already so I don't really see how it solves any of our problems.
The skill I am thinking of is the ability and willingness to receive the ball in tight situations without losing it, as a percentage.
I think he is significantly better than our traditional DMs ie Sandro and Capoue. I think he would dribble forward once he receives and pass forward more than, say Dembele, who tends to dribble sideways and pass backwards or Bentaleb who tends to do a good 'Skinny Sideways' impression. As I understand Poch wants the ball moving forwards quicker so I think he could be a better fit. Also, someone who can beat a man there to disrupt the massed defences in front of us will be as important as a metronomic passer giving us controlled possession ala Luka Modric. IMO.

I'd have nothing against selling Vlad; he looked absolutely dreadful to me last season. As for him being good on the ball, I got the impression that rather oozing class he looked like a reckless risk taker who on occasions played a pass to the oppositions feet so they could slot it home.

Having said that, due to our chronic shortage of centre backs, as far as I'm concerned we are not in a position to move any centre backs on at the moment. Hopefully it was just first season syndrome and with some proper guidance he'll become reasonable (or even good).

But unfortunately if we go into games next season with Dawson and Chiriches as our CB's I can see a few more massacres on the cards.

Would be strange to sell him. I reckon Dawson and Kaboul won't be here in a year or two (perhaps Vertonghen too) and I'd rather not have to replace our entire CB group within such a small period of time.

He's an absolute calamity.

i gave up when he kept getting done with the same damn pass last season (it's **** easy to take him out the game). I thought he was a simpleton who who plays football like a 5 a side game and doesn't grasp basic things ..."positional sense".."tactics"...etc etc. The guy is a walking disaster that can literally do something stupid to lose possession...and then 3 seconds later he DOES THE SAME THING AGAIN.

We are totally and utterly ****ed if Poch continues with him (and Kaboul tbh).

Takes too many unnecessary risks for me. I don't like players ріѕѕing around with it on the edge of the box, or backing off and waiting until the attacker has already made it into the area before thinking about putting a foot in.

i gave up when he kept getting done with the same damn pass last season (it's **** easy to take him out the game). I thought he was a simpleton who who plays football like a 5 a side game and doesn't grasp basic things ..."positional sense".."tactics"...etc etc. The guy is a walking disaster that can literally do something stupid to lose possession...and then 3 seconds later he DOES THE SAME THING AGAIN.

We are totally and utterly ****ed if Poch continues with him (and Kaboul tbh).

Me too. I fail to see what Chriches excels at, other than being a nice footballer.

Takes too many risks

Beaten far too easily

Not particularly quick

No positional sense or discipline whatsoever

Sessegnon had the beating of him in the 3-3 a few months back, yet someone didn't highlight that today and he once again had the beating of him.

Baffling.

the manager deserves to be questioned on this selection.......just beyond belief

Sessegnon had the beating of him in the 3-3 a few months back, yet someone didn't highlight that today and he once again had the beating of him.

Baffling.

You'd think instead of watching the liverpool game 20 times Poch might have watched a few of our games from last season.
His player selection at times is bizarre.

Dreadful from the player, dreadful from the manager and coaching staff for picking him, he was clueless

If him and Kaboul play against Arsenal we will lose by 5 minimum

We are totally and utterly ****ed if Poch continues with him (and Kaboul tbh)

And therein lies the rub

Looked like he was playing with a square ball.

One of my favourite lines from a coach was "Easy. Early." In other words, make the easy play as early as possible. Vlad looked like he was trying to over-complicate even the simplest plays.

Me too. I fail to see what Chriches excels at, other than being a nice footballer.

Takes too many risks

Beaten far too easily

Not particularly quick

No positional sense or discipline whatsoever

Yet someone in our scouting team must have seen something, though can't think what. I am sure if Poch could have got rid in the transfer window he would have. Blimey how we needed someone like lescott today.

One of the worst CB performances I have seen today from Vlad. Was not far off being as bad as Kaboul's performance in the 4-0 loss at Liverpool last year.

Pretty sure the lad had been at the beers before the match - or ket - or both!! Got turned inside out by West Brom's players on multiple occasions, lost headers for fun, and gave the ball away in dangerous positions.

The worst of a bad bunch.

He looked scared to put a tackle in, sheepishly standing around whilst the WBA players breezed past him. I think it might be a confidence issue, rather than his ability level, but either way his performance was dire.

Lets be honest you could put Baresi/Moore in their prime next to Kabouland they would look ropey

To me, it seems strange that Chiriches has gone from being this close to being shown the door, to starting today ahead of Vertonghen. Is Vertonghen paying the price for the Liverpool result? If so, Kaboul was even worse.

I don't think people on here realise what they are saying. Verts and Fazio both only got back into the country late Thursday night/ early Friday morning, and with Walker injured we literally had no other option. I'm certain that Poch wanted him gone this summer, but like so many other players we couldn't flog him. Going forward I'm certain we will have Verts and Fazio as first choice with Kaboul and Dier as backup, but right now Poch has to rotate the team.

Back