• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

he's scored against Chelsea before too in the Europa League, but ulitmately lost the game 3-1 at Stamford Bridge.

But Chelsea knocked off early for half-time and Steaua punished them. A 45th-minute corner was poorly dealt with by Chelsea, with Torres and Ramires failing to get decisive touches at the near post, leaving Cristian Tanase to shoot from close range. Cech scrambled that effort off the line but Vlad Chiriches reacted first to slam the ball into the roof of the net for a potentially damaging away goal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/mar/14/chelsea-steaua-bucharest-europa-league

article-2293425-18AB851B000005DC-117_634x385.jpg

article-2293425-18AB8233000005DC-999_634x564.jpg

Potential Value 60M??

Yeah it's through the roof, he is already very good, the single thing that could be bothering if he will adapt to english football, that remains to be seen. AVB must really want him if spurs came back with a better offer and is ready to let him play the return match of the CL playoff.

Yeah it's through the roof, he is already very good, the single thing that could be bothering if he will adapt to english football, that remains to be seen. AVB must really want him if spurs came back with a better offer and is ready to let him play the return match of the CL playoff.

So basically we had Bale as a defender, moved him out to the wing and his value went up, then we moved him in the middle playing off the striker and his value became laughable ...

Essentially Vlad better start practising his shooting in a few years time so that we can make a grip.

Yeah, at least one of AVB and Baldini probably rates him very highly I think.

Quite a few promising young central defenders around that can be signed for the kind of money we've reportedly bid for Chiriches, but we've seemingly waited for him to become available despite having some injury worries at the back.

Yeah, at least one of AVB and Baldini probably rates him very highly I think.

Quite a few promising young central defenders around that can be signed for the kind of money we've reportedly bid for Chiriches, but we've seemingly waited for him to become available despite having some injury worries at the back.

The estimate is obviously high and about as optimistic as it gets.

However, with Thiago Silva moving for over €40m last summer and the prices seen for relatively unproven centre backs like David Luiz I don't think it's impossible that we'll see a centre back move for £50m or more in the not too distant future.

If Chiriches is actually good enough to become truly world class and be valued in that bracket - that's a different question.

The estimate is obviously high and about as optimistic as it gets.

However, with Thiago Silva moving for over €40m last summer and the prices seen for relatively unproven centre backs like David Luiz I don't think it's impossible that we'll see a centre back move for £50m or more in the not too distant future.

If Chiriches is actually good enough to become truly world class and be valued in that bracket - that's a different question.
Correct but it is a good buy just considering spurs got him with even less money than Caulker, the pressure on him should not be that high to succeed as it would have been for a signing of 25-35 mil pounds.

Correct but it is a good buy just considering spurs got him with even less money than Caulker, the pressure on him should not be that high to succeed as it would have been for a signing of 25-35 mil pounds.

I'm very happy that we look likely to sign him. Partly because of our recent transfer history leading me to trust the people in charge, partly because of comments from people that have seen him like yourself and from some of the things being said by pundits etc. Although, overhead kicks on youtube doesn't hurt either :)

I'm also quite looking forward to the potential presence of two proper ball playing centre backs in our team and what that might do to our buildup play.

I totally agree. He comes in without the pressure of being the "saviour" of our defence, and could bed in nice and easy. He will probably be used mostly in the Europa League in the beginning, and thats the kind of football he knows and has showed he would handle without problems. I could see that he may get a start at WHL against Hull late October with a lot of games coming up in that period. Would be lovely for both him and Spurs if he does make himself first on the team sheet right away, but TBH he's got a lot of competition as of today :)

This is the stunning thing for me; we've apparently upgraded but made a profit.
If he is better yet cheaper than Steven, it speaks will of our scouts/Baldini and not so well for most other Premiership teams.
Though I suppose he may not have been keen to transfer to a bottom half team in the PL

This is the stunning thing for me; we've apparently upgraded but made a profit.
If he is better yet cheaper than Steven, it speaks will of our scouts/Baldini and not so well for most other Premiership teams.
Though I suppose he may not have been keen to transfer to a bottom half team in the PL

Taking advantage of our position in the footballing world. I think we've become better at that. Capoue in, Parker out is another one. Obviously Capoue cost more, but take wages and age into consideration...

its Vlad vs. Dawson. And Dawson didn't do himself any favours with all those misplaced passes - including getting caught cold with a failed backheel against a swansea midfielder!

Dawson wasn't that bad mate; you even complemented him in the passing thread for his low trajectory passes

R5vxLcA.jpg

Attachments

• R5vxLcA.jpg
    R5vxLcA.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 11
Whether he is better than Caulker or not still remains to be seen. I'm hopeful though.

he looks more defined in his role than Caulker, who imv, looked a mish mash of a player - neither a Dawson/Terry style blood and guts defender nor a Vertonghen/King footballing CB. it appears that AVB likes two of each of the aforementioned style center backs and from the youtube videos Vlad looks much more of a natural understudy/successor to Vertonghen than Caulker ever would have been.

Looks like he will be starting in tomorrow night's match against legia in poland. Steaua Coach said that yesterday he was training normally alongside his teammates.

Dawson wasn't that bad mate; you even complemented him in the passing thread for his low trajectory passes

R5vxLcA.jpg

That's right. While I recognize Dawson as a good defender - and improving - there's a few quirks to his game that he still needs to iron out. But that's what Vlad is here for - back up and competition. If Dawson needs wants to keep his place, he will need to step up his game still some more.

That's right. While I recognize Dawson as a good defender - and improving - there's a few quirks to his game that he still needs to iron out. But that's what Vlad is here for - back up and competition. If Dawson needs wants to keep his place, he will need to step up his game still some more.

3 clean sheets ain't bad.

I was completely against Capoue based on one highlights compilation and I am completely against this guy based on a couple of people saying he ain't good at heading.

Let's hope I am wrong again!!

Back