• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

It's a cliche but a couple of balls bouncing off his arse and into the net would do him the world of good.

I agree on him making the runs. Maybe it is something that can be worked on in training, get him to forget dropping deep and pulling wide for a bit and just concentrate on getting into the six yard box.

Would probably have a better chance of succeeding if he was paired with someone who could take up the job of holding the ball and distributing it to the runners - that classic centre-forward role that he otherwise has to take up. For better or worse, Son was clearly meant to be the man running off of him today - we need to consistently make Janssen the man running off another forward (Kane, basically) to fulfill that ambition of getting him into the box more. Problem is, I don't think we've looked particularly fluid when we've tried that pairing.

It's a cliche but a couple of balls bouncing off his arse and into the net would do him the world of good.

I agree on him making the runs. Maybe it is something that can be worked on in training, get him to forget dropping deep and pulling wide for a bit and just concentrate on getting into the six yard box.
That's the point though mate, if he actually got into the danger zone he'd probably already have a couple of goals bouncing off whatever part of his body but it's not going to happen coming short all the time or hanging out wide!

He shouldn't need any training because he'd scored plenty of goals being in the box in Holland? It's annoying because I actually think he has some good attributes to work with....

The puzzling thing about the Janssen transfer is that he was brought in because of his psychological profile. On a recent edition of scouting podcast scout7 our former head of recruitment until a few months ago Rob MacKenzie talks about why Janssen was brought it. They specifically targeted someone who could deal with having to play back up to Kane. Janssen was supposed to be resolute and made of stern stuff.

But it seems the guy can't deal with a bad run of form and it's completely affecting his play.

The puzzling thing about the Janssen transfer is that he was brought in because of his psychological profile. On a recent edition of scouting podcast scout7 our former head of recruitment until a few months ago Rob MacKenzie talks about why Janssen was brought it. They specifically targeted someone who could deal with having to play back up to Kane. Janssen was supposed to be resolute and made of stern stuff.

But it seems the guy can't deal with a bad run of form and it's completely affecting his play.
He's having a bad run of form. That's not the same as not being able to deal with a bad ruin of form.

That's the point though mate, if he actually got into the danger zone he'd probably already have a couple of goals bouncing off whatever part of his body but it's not going to happen coming short all the time or hanging out wide!

He shouldn't need any training because he'd scored plenty of goals being in the box in Holland? It's annoying because I actually think he has some good attributes to work with....

Maybe sub consciously, he's hiding from the ball. Contrast Janssen with Gorgeous George, who was so full hearted in his approach. Janssen doesn't look like a player who is going to make things happen.

Maybe sub consciously, he's hiding from the ball. Contrast Janssen with Gorgeous George, who was so full hearted in his approach. Janssen doesn't look like a player who is going to make things happen.

I don't think he hid today, he still dropped deep and still ran the channels, Villa played 6 at the back in the first half

he's had 15 appearances for us so far, 15

what was the narrative on Bale for his first 24, or Lamela for his first 38?

I thought Bale was okay. It was all that jinx flimflam that was the issue. Lamela has been okay but that is all in my book. At present Janssen is a million miles from where he needs to be.

Like I said, I think that it is a confidence thing. His support play has generally been better than leading the line for us so far, so I think that his poor form in front of goal has meant that he is playing it safe. Hopefully, this is something that the coaching staff can work on, they've done wonders before.

He made the only two chances we had while he was on the park, his pass to son inside the box and the one and shot with in the second half.
We created nothing, much like when Harry was having his dry spell a few weeks ago, it's not them it's the ones behind.
Son stunk, yet it will be forgotten because he scored.

I thought Bale was okay. It was all that jinx hogwash that was the issue. Lamela has been okay but that is all in my book. At present Janssen is a million miles from where he needs to be.

my point is very few young players come in to top level football and perform at their potential ceiling straight away, an arc of improvement is normal, 15 games is nothing

He made the only two chances we had while he was on the park, his pass to son inside the box and the one and shot with in the second half.
We created nothing, much like when Harry was having his dry spell a few weeks ago, it's not them it's the ones behind.
Son stunk, yet it will be forgotten because he scored.

The lay off to Son was good, but his shot was tame. It wasn't hit with any conviction because his confidence is shot in my view. It would be probably be better for him, if we have long term plans for him, to loan him out and get some one else in as a short term back up for Kane, because he is just not looking like it at present. Getting dragged after 55 minutes isn't doing him or the team any good.

While it's true he is coming deep, when he does try to go behind with runs the ball never comes his way anyways. Son plays with his head down and just cant see those passes, and while I think Janssen may struggle in the prem I am going to reserve judgement until I at least see him play with an on swan Eriksen and Ali behind him rather then our 2nd string. That said, against Chelsea even with those two Kane had very few touches or opportunities, we seem more built for the late runs with this formation.

Here's a nice easy one. Read the first ten pages of the Danny Rose thread

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/danny-rose.1519/

I think that most of us would now consider him to the best left back in the league and amongst our best performers.

I always rated Rose. You will not find a negative post about him from me. anyway, this is based on a false premise. Janssen's play is being discussed now, not what he may or may not do in the future. Critics of Rose were probably giving an honest appraisal of where they thought he was then.

Amen. Every time he left the box there was nobody in there

but then the whole system suffers, that's an always on out ball enabling rentention and vertical yardage, it also moves the defence around potentially making space for runners from deep and overloads on the other side of the field

I get the theory of dialling the role back but I don't think you can uncoach that, its instinctive by the time you get out of the u12's

in the system(s) we play with one forward, they are the first line of defence and we need the disruption that that work brings

Back