• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Nah; imo he'd be gone in that scenario. Llorente has only just joined us and he is recovering from i think an arm break in the summer. So if he jumps ahead of Janssen already, then after that article (which didn't seem in any way like a trolling one given it's Darren Lewis) the writing could be on the wall for him. Remember Poch often makes new signings prove their worth before they 'jump the queue' as it were...

Would happily wait to be proven wrong over the next few months, but after he was left out of the CL squad altogether (and bleeping Gazziniga AND Foyth put in it) then as things stands Vinny's time is up!

I'd expect Llorente to be in the match day squad this weekend. I don't think that this guarantees that Janssen is off in January though. As others have said, anything can happen between now and then. What he does need to do though, is work doubly hard in training and make the most of it if he gets a chance in the league cup.

I'd expect Llorente to be in the match day squad this weekend. I don't think that this guarantees that Janssen is off in January though. As others have said, anything can happen between now and then. What he does need to do though, is work doubly hard in training and make the most of it if he gets a chance in the league cup.

Personally if the article is bull, i'd expect to see Janssen in the squad regardless of whether Llorente is there or not; after all, he has been up to this point, and so far Llorente is yet to kick a ball this season.

But we'll see...

you need at least three strikers in a squad to be on the safe side.
rotation is very important part of winning games resting players ....bringing players off the bench!

Personally if the article is bull, i'd expect to see Janssen in the squad regardless of whether Llorente is there or not; after all, he has been up to this point, and so far Llorente is yet to kick a ball this season.

But we'll see...

I wouldn't. We have brought in a striker who is experienced and scored well in this league last season. If Llorente is fit, I'd expect him to go straight into the squad.

Poch looks to prefer 2 strikers

2 strikers up front would be good..I would like to see Kane and LLorente playing together regularly.
As I said you need cover for players rotation, coming off the bench to rest your main players ..if 5-0 up lol..and injuries .

We have moaned about lack of strikers more than anything else on this forum. Now we a chance to have a proper threat up front.
Lets take it and see if Jansen who is still young can progress.

2 strikers up front would be good..I would like to see Kane and LLorente playing together regularly.
As I said you need cover for players rotation, coming off the bench to rest your main players ..if 5-0 up lol..and injuries .

We have moaned about lack of strikers more than anything else on this forum. Now we a chance to have a proper threat up front.

who would you drop to accommodate two strikers?

i meant that he prefers 2 strikers in his matchday squads, 1 starting and 1 on the bench. Harry will be first choice and the other one on the bench, right now that means Llorente. I doubt we will see Llorente and Janssen on the bench together

who would you drop to accommodate two strikers?

Good question!
Don,t forget Llorente is 32?
Poch can try with Kane and Llorente in some games leaving out a DM ..say Wanyarma or Dier , baring in mind players will be changed throughout the game...tiredness etc..
We have other new players that will also have their time as starters or finishers. This is how Wenger and others have won trophies over the years by rotating and bringing on one class player for another.
We have to use the same method! Its not just about 11 starting players..we all know that ..but now we have more quality players
to take part in (90) minutes.

CoySpurs................

Whaaaat? That's unexpected. But hopefully good for Vinny. Hope he gets game time and bangs in a few goals.

By all accounts they tried to get Costa first then when that failed moved on Janssen. I hope he does well bangs in 20 goals and gets his career back on track.

Good luck to VJ. Sadly I don't think we will ever see him in a Spurs shirt again.

Poch showing his tough side if you're out, you're out.

Back