• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Klopp will be a hard act to follow but I don’t think managers see it like that. They love the challenge. The England job can be viewed as not being worth the hassle given the press intrusion and the lack of success in 58 years. Doesn’t stop managers wanting the job. Clearly Real Madrid is the top job in world football and that’s most likely the job he is waiting for, albeit Bayern and Liverpool as clubs and supporters are far more patient than Real and their fanbase are.

And lets not pretend Madrid does not come with its challenges, like all jobs.

Klopp will be a hard act to follow but I don’t think managers see it like that. They love the challenge. The England job can be viewed as not being worth the hassle given the press intrusion and the lack of success in 58 years. Doesn’t stop managers wanting the job. Clearly Real Madrid is the top job in world football and that’s most likely the job he is waiting for, albeit Bayern and Liverpool as clubs and supporters are far more patient than Real and their fanbase are.

I'm not bricking on the Pool job, but the option on the table is simply better, Madrid is a bigger club, easier to win league, has a plan for squad already

Looks like it'll be Ruben Amorim.. We were linked with him after Conte weren't we? Interesting to see how he goes, far more pragmatic than Klopp is my understanding.

Yeah, we are quite happy to have not even won that in the meaningful past. So much better to have no trophies at all than the 'condescending pat on the head' of victory in that meaningless tin pot challenge :rolleyes:

I do wonder whether it's just part of the online persona spiel from Scara and Baleforce or they truly feel that way. Say if we were to win the league cup would it literally not bring any joy or sense of achievement to them. It seems like the not valuing of trophies is to prove a point rather than a genuine feeling.

It's often being part of the parcel of being a football fan but it does seem a very bitter / sad existence to denigrate the accolades of other teams whilst lying in wait for maybe one day winning the PL / CL.

I do wonder whether it's just part of the online persona spiel from Scara and Baleforce or they truly feel that way. Say if we were to win the league cup would it literally not bring any joy or sense of achievement to them. It seems like the not valuing of trophies is to prove a point rather than a genuine feeling.

It's often being part of the parcel of being a football fan but it does seem a very bitter / sad existence to denigrate the accolades of other teams whilst lying in wait for maybe one day winning the PL / CL.

I think it’s a coping mechanism personally. Hence why people constantly bring up the best training ground/best stadium in the world and CL appearances due to the lack of silverware. We have to convince ourselves that football isn’t actually about winning things. I wonder if people view Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s period of “success” from 94-04 as actual success, seen as they finished runners up in back to back seasons, finished in the top on three other separate occasions and reached back to back FA cup finals?

Back