• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Don't forget their unfeasibly good injury record too.

If they'd been missing as many first teamers as us this season they'd be in 5th.

Without a doubt. Dont let that get in the way of a good media narrative though.

What makes you think this is peak Liverpool? They seem more resilient than us. Much more able to grind out results. I sense some wishful thinking mate.

I look at them and dont see any more in them, hence I think its as good as it gets with them.

Its very effective, no doubt, but still has limitations. VVD goes off the boil, Salah gets injured - they wont keep this up.

Compare and contrast with the lengthly injuries and fatigue we have had to handle, given the same Liverpool wouldnt be top for sure.

By comparison, we all know City have a lot more in the tank.

City look to me like this is a blip. A simple bump in the road, and I am sure they will reassert themselves very soon. Whether they buy or not.
And honestly the fuss about Fernandinho is over stated, key player of course, but a decent DM is hardly beyond their reach.

Liverpool, to me, look like they are as good as they are going to get. This is peak Liverpool. And I really dont see them keeping it up. As well as they are playing, they are still fundamentally the same pretty limited side getting by on a fabulous front line.

I disagree. Salah had a relatively slow start to the season and has only started to get more goals in the last 6-7 games. Defensively they look far more solid which is why they are top. Whether they will maintain it for a season is another matter but I certainly don’t see their level dropping rapidly. They will lose 2-3 games but they can also afford to, we can’t afford to lose more than 1-2 more IMO if we are to win the league. People just assume we will finish above them because we have done so many times recently, it means nothing. I don’t see Arsenal finishing above us this season just because they have a history of doing so.

I don’t think we can accuse any other team of bottling it really Marky. Well we can do but it’s a bit rich coming from us.

They have been in 3 finals and bottled the lot

But that doesn’t mean they will again. What I have said many times is I don’t see a leader out there for them, but VVD has picked up that mantle and he is the glue that holds it all together. The stats with him onboard have been nothing short of amazing, and for me more so as he sent as good as the hype IMO.

I fully expect them to lose the FA cup to Wolves and not worry about the CL game too so they can focus on the league if their still top come those games, which I think they will be

City look to me like this is a blip. A simple bump in the road, and I am sure they will reassert themselves very soon. Whether they buy or not.
And honestly the fuss about Fernandinho is over stated, key player of course, but a decent DM is hardly beyond their reach.

Liverpool, to me, look like they are as good as they are going to get. This is peak Liverpool. And I really dont see them keeping it up. As well as they are playing, they are still fundamentally the same pretty limited side getting by on a fabulous front line.

Fernandinho does all the dirty work for city and gets away with it too. Leicester showed how easy it is to get at City’s midfield when running at and passed them when there is no one there to kick you or pull you.

I agree this is peak Liverpool but they have over 50 points so it’s hard to get better isn’t it.., their on course to set records that IMO their talents don’t merit so that’s a phenomenal return so far

They have been in 3 finals and bottled the lot

But that doesn’t mean they will again. What I have said many times is I don’t see a leader out there for them, but VVD has picked up that mantle and he is the glue that holds it all together. The stats with him onboard have been nothing short of amazing, and for me more so as he sent as good as the hype IMO.

I fully expect them to lose the FA cup to Wolves and not worry about the CL game too so they can focus on the league if their still top come those games, which I think they will be

Whereas we can’t get to finals so both teams have a recent history of falling short at the final hurdle or in our case second to last hurdle.

In both of our recent title challenges we was behind, not sure how you can bottle a situation if you are never in control of it

True but we have lost numerous semi finals in recent years, not to mention our overall poor record away from home against the big 6. And there’s no way we should have finished 3rd the year Leicester won it.

I disagree. Salah had a relatively slow start to the season and has only started to get more goals in the last 6-7 games. Defensively they look far more solid which is why they are top. Whether they will maintain it for a season is another matter but I certainly don’t see their level dropping rapidly. They will lose 2-3 games but they can also afford to, we can’t afford to lose more than 1-2 more IMO if we are to win the league. People just assume we will finish above them because we have done so many times recently, it means nothing. I don’t see Arsenal finishing above us this season just because they have a history of doing so.

I dont assume we will finish above them at all. Im simply pointing out - imo - they wont get any better, where as other teams can.

Whereas we can’t get to finals so both teams have a recent history of falling short at the final hurdle or in our case second to last hurdle.

I’d argue get there and failing is worse IMO

You have one game to win, and losing them consistently is an issue

Yes we have lost semis, but their part of knock out football. A final is a one off game and apart from Madrid they played inferior sides

True but we have lost numerous semi finals in recent years, not to mention our overall poor record away from home against the big 6. And there’s no way we should have finished 3rd the year Leicester won it.

Who has a good record away vs the big 6?
It’s a myth that teams have good records away. Teams have maybe one season where they did well, and geberally that team wins the league but no one has a great record IMO

I dont assume we will finish above them at all. Im simply pointing out - imo - they wont get any better, where as other teams can.

I wasn’t aiming that at you just to be clear but some have got this idea in their head that we will finish above them forever because we have done so for the last 8-9 years.

It would be hard for them to get better in all honesty but I can’t see their level dropping that much. I think they’ll lose a couple but they”ll still win the majority of their games.

I’d argue get there and failing is worse IMO

You have one game to win, and losing them consistently is an issue

Yes we have lost semis, but their part of knock out football. A final is a one off game and apart from Madrid they played inferior sides

IIRC the last 3 finals they lost were to Real, Emirates Marketing Project and Sevilla. The first two should be beating Liverpool in finals due to their squads and resources respectively so hardly inferior sides.

Sevilla whilst not a powerhouse are a very respectable team with a pedigree in European cup competitions, if we lost in a final to them I’d be disappointed but they’re no mugs.

Just saying that until we win something or at least get to a final we can hardly have a go at other clubs and managers for being bottlers. Whenever we’ve had the chance to go top under Poch we’ve usually played crap and blown it.

Who has a good record away vs the big 6?
It’s a myth that teams have good records away. Teams have maybe one season where they did well, and geberally that team wins the league but no one has a great record IMO

Not many but our record At Stamford Bridge for example and the Emirates is awful. 1 win in something like 30 years at SB and 2 wins in 30 in all competitions at Highbury/the Emirates.

I wasn’t aiming that at you just to be clear but some have got this idea in their head that we will finish above them forever because we have done so for the last 8-9 years.

It would be hard for them to get better in all honesty but I can’t see their level dropping that much. I think they’ll lose a couple but they”ll still win the majority of their games.

I think thats more a reaction to counter balance the Liverpool love in that inexplicably happens on here to be honest, Im not sure anyone really believes because we have finished above them then we automatically will.

Theyll probably win the majority of their games by virtue of that front line. Similarly, Arsenal, Utd, City and Us can all say the same.

Not many but our record At Stamford Bridge for example and the Emirates is awful. 1 win in something like 30 years at SB and 2 wins in 30 in all competitions at Highbury/the Emirates.

True but look at who beats us at our ground (whenever that may be)!!

This season has screwed that a little but both the games we lost should have and could have been draws. Pool should have conceded a late penalty vs us despite battering us and for city the dodgy pitch worked in their favour with the lamela chance

I just think there is so much focus on the away games as because ultimately their a differentiator but actually no one excels results wise in them in reality

Back