• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Playing against Liverpool is like playing against the SAS, it's 100 miles an hour but I still under Klopp they play good, passing football and are exciting to watch. They certainly don't play like Leicester pumping long balls to Vardy or Emile Heskey.

Only two sides have failed to win the league after being top at Xmas, both Liverpool. So they have a history of not being able to finish the job. I wouldn't say Klopp is a bottler. He's won titles and cups. He's lost two CL finals but they were against Bayern and Real Madrid. I don't think Liverpool choke anymore than we do on big occasions.

City are the best team but Liverpool deserve to be top right now and look the most solid team defensively, that's why I think it's their title to lose, not because I think they are necessarily the best team.

See how the media works ?

Klopp has loss 6 cup finals in a row (and you thought it was two), 3 in a row with Pool (and no wins)

Details here -> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...7/Jurgen-Klopps-losing-record-cup-finals.html

Honestly, can you begin to imagine if that was a Spur's manager? what the media would be?

See how the media works ?

Klopp has loss 6 cup finals in a row (and you thought it was two), 3 in a row with Pool (and no wins)

Details here -> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...7/Jurgen-Klopps-losing-record-cup-finals.html

Honestly, can you begin to imagine if that was a Spur's manager? what the media would be?

I knew he had lost more than 2 as I remember the EL loss to Sevilla, didn’t realise it was 6 in a row. It doesn’t look good to have lost that many but it’s mitigated by the fact that he has won trophies. Until Poch wins a trophy there will always be people who highlight it.

They are both brilliant managers, Poch is a bit younger than Klopp so he has time on his side to win trophies but I think it’s a bit hypocritical to dismiss Liverpool and/or Klopp as bottlers when neither ourselves or our manager have a recent track record of winning things. Both clubs have done great to get themselves into the position to challenge city for the title. If either club finishes above city this season then you have to take your hats off to them and id like to think both sets of supporters will recognise that.

I knew he had lost more than 2 as I remember the EL loss to Sevilla, didn’t realise it was 6 in a row. It doesn’t look good to have lost that many but it’s mitigated by the fact that he has won trophies. Until Poch wins a trophy there will always be people who highlight it.

They are both brilliant managers, Poch is a bit younger than Klopp so he has time on his side to win trophies but I think it’s a bit hypocritical to dismiss Liverpool and/or Klopp as bottlers when neither ourselves or our manager have a recent track record of winning things. Both clubs have done great to get themselves into the position to challenge city for the title. If either club finishes above city this season then you have to take your hats off to them and id like to think both sets of supporters will recognise that.

Mate, whoever wins this league will have simply made the fewest mistakes, it will be another on of those where the 3rd place team would probably have won the league in a dozen other years.

I don't dismiss anyone as bottlers, I thinks it's a flimflam term, someone has to lose, bottlers should be reserved for if a top 4 team loses a final against a conference team, not when your opposition was in all likelihood better than you.

Klopp is a decent manager, 6 in a row does imply an issue, but I'll give him credit. That said, I'd hate them to win, the media and their fans would be completely insufferable for years to come.

They look strong, coupled with bricky throwing in the towel, looks like it will finally be their year. Their Supporters will be insufferable. Does show yet again, that winning the title is one thing retaining it is even tougher. Shows you how exceptional Ferguson’s United were as well as Mourinho’s first Chelsea team.

They look strong, coupled with bricky throwing in the towel, looks like it will finally be their year. Their Supporters will be insufferable. Does show yet again, that winning the title is one thing retaining it is even tougher. Shows you how exceptional Ferguson’s United were as well as Mourinho’s first Chelsea team.
We are gonna win it.

People go on about the Liverpool attack with Salah and the rest, but it is their defence that has made a difference.

The best attacks are City (51 goals), Liverpool (43), Spurs (42) and Arsenal (41), with Chelsea and United on 37. Nothing to separate them there. The top four defences are Liverpool (7), City (15), Chelsea (16) and Spurs (18), followed by Leicester and Wolves on 22. That is where Liverpool stand out.

And the change did occur with the signing of VVD. Liverpool conceded 38 goals last season, but only 10* after VVD started playing in mid-January. Lovren can look a decent player with the right partner, which he had at Southampton, has with Croatia and now has at Liverpool. It's a bit like Dawson alongside King, part of a formidable pair, but a far more limited player in other pairings.

* A quick count, it might be slightly off.

I wouldn't right city off yet.
Also if I was city I'd be putting a £200m bid in for Salah. Really fudge them up.

City look to me like this is a blip. A simple bump in the road, and I am sure they will reassert themselves very soon. Whether they buy or not.
And honestly the fuss about Fernandinho is over stated, key player of course, but a decent DM is hardly beyond their reach.

Liverpool, to me, look like they are as good as they are going to get. This is peak Liverpool. And I really dont see them keeping it up. As well as they are playing, they are still fundamentally the same pretty limited side getting by on a fabulous front line.

City look to me like this is a blip. A simple bump in the road, and I am sure they will reassert themselves very soon. Whether they buy or not.
And honestly the fuss about Fernandinho is over stated, key player of course, but a decent DM is hardly beyond their reach.

Liverpool, to me, look like they are as good as they are going to get. This is peak Liverpool. And I really dont see them keeping it up. As well as they are playing, they are still fundamentally the same pretty limited side getting by on a fabulous front line.
Don't forget their unfeasibly good injury record too.

If they'd been missing as many first teamers as us this season they'd be in 5th.

They’ll wipe the floor with Arsenal but I fancy City to inflict their first defeat of the season - a draw at worst. If the gap starts to narrow it’ll be interesting to see what they’re really made of.

What makes you think this is peak Liverpool? They seem more resilient than us. Much more able to grind out results. I sense some wishful thinking mate.

Last edited:
Back