• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

they had a good run in the second half of last season. maybe its just bedding in the new players and manager style.
i think they are good as outside challengers for CL next season.

they had a good run in the second half of last season. maybe its just bedding in the new players and manager style.
i think they are good as outside challengers for CL next season.

I went to the 5 Live Big Day Out a few weeks back, and John Aldridge came on stage and expressed the same opinion, but as he put it

"We were in top four form in the second half of the season"

To which someone in the audience shouted out "gonad*s!" The crowd started laughing and they had to hurry him off to save his embarrassment

I went to the 5 Live Big Day Out a few weeks back, and John Aldridge came on stage and expressed the same opinion, but as he put it

"We were in top four form in the second half of the season"

To which someone in the audience shouted out "gonad*s!" The crowd started laughing and they had to hurry him off to save his embarrassment

You see I just don't see this.

They were in very good form for a while last season, but mainly due to the way the fixtures ran. I think if I am right they only beat two top-10 sides last season. One was us (unfortunately), where we shot ourselves in the foot big-style after dominating most of the match at Anfield. The other was against Swansea when they played their b-team at Anfield prior to the League Cup final.

In essence, Roger's possession domination style helped them rape the brick teams and rack up a big goal-difference, but time and again they found themselves woefully short on quality when coming up against anyone half-decent.

I don't see the likes of Alberto and Aspas changing that, if anything it shows that they are shopping for the same level of players as the mid-tier premiership team, i.e. non or b-internationals. Aspas is supposedly one for the future, but he is 25?

If Suarez leaves (and he is pushing for a move), they will look pretty bare in terms of quality. Even if he stays, it's kind of Suarez a half-dead Gerrard and 9 meh players.

They will finish in a similar position to the season just gone IMO.

They're doing what we did under Arnesen, buying a brickload of players in the hope of discovering some gems. Then you repeat that process a few times until you've got a good squad and only need a couple of quality additions each season.

They were in very good form for a while last season, but mainly due to the way the fixtures ran. I think if I am right they only beat two top-10 sides last season. One was us (unfortunately), where we shot ourselves in the foot big-style after dominating most of the match at Anfield. The other was against Swansea when they played their b-team at Anfield prior to the League Cup final.

In essence, Roger's possession domination style helped them rape the brick teams and rack up a big goal-difference, but time and again they found themselves woefully short on quality when coming up against anyone half-decent.

I don't see the likes of Alberto and Aspas changing that, if anything it shows that they are shopping for the same level of players as the mid-tier premiership team, i.e. non or b-internationals. Aspas is supposedly one for the future, but he is 25?

If Suarez leaves (and he is pushing for a move), they will look pretty bare in terms of quality. Even if he stays, it's kind of Suarez a half-dead Gerrard and 9 meh players.

their late season performance had a lot to do with coutinho imo. he is going to get better next season.

The worrying thing (for me) is that those "brick teams" as you you describe them are normally far from easy to beat. Manu essentially won the league by crushing the bottom half and Liverpool obviously didn't do as well as them, but they did do better than us (although not by much). Having the foundational attacking play in place to dismantle stubborn, well organized, hard working bottom half teams is very valuable.

A lot of their problems against top half teams stemmed from defensive problems, they've already upgraded their goalkeeper (imo) and an upgrade on Skrtel really shouldn't be hard to find. If they can keep Lucas fit next season I think they will be a lot more solid, and thus a lot more difficult to beat.

Their biggest issue is Suarez. If they can keep him and keep him happy or adequately replace him then I think they will compete for a top 4 finish next season. If he leaves they will be left with some real questions to answer though, hopefully someone somewhere in Europe will want to bring him out of the PL.

Just had this exchange on Twitter...

P0281_zpsf32394c4.png

This is what I don't get about Liverpool fans - most other fans are hopeless pessimists taking any hint of failure or disappointment as proof that their club is rotten to the core, that they're all doomed to mediocrity and that all their players are brick - Liverpool finish 7th by quite some distance and the season ends - instead of an inquest suddenly it's not one player from the team that finished 2 places higher and 10 points clear would get in their side?

This might be very controversial, but I think seeing as Vertonghen got into the team of the year an argument could be made that perhaps only one of Agger, Skrtel and Carragher is better than him that even most scousers would find convincing?

Back