• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

It needs work. I'm a VAR advocate but in its current form, what it's giving with one hand, it's taking more away with the other.

I actually turned against it a bit in the Fulham game. For both goals, I just shrugged and thought "offside - VAR incoming" when I should have been celebrating. It does kill the live experience a bit.

It needs work. I'm a VAR advocate but in its current form, what it's giving with one hand, it's taking more away with the other.

I actually turned against it a bit in the Fulham game. For both goals, I just shrugged and thought "offside - VAR incoming" when I should have been celebrating. It does kill the live experience a bit.

As you know i was against it in the begining and i still think its a load of crap, good to see that more and more fans at games are turning against it now.

Football’s lawmakers have reportedly started negotiations over the first major changes to how Video Assistant Referees operate amid growing calls for the system to be overhauled or scrapped.

According to the Daily Telegraph, managers have been united in condemnation after a series of controversial decisions.

The report claims the International Football Association Board (IFAB) has begun a series of consultations over what changes should be made ahead of their first serious VAR review since its introduction seven years ago.

The game still faces another year of VAR chaos, with trials of any proposed amendments almost certain to be carried out before they are introduced.

There is growing confidence one change that will be made is the introduction of semi-automatic offside ahead in the Premier League ahead of next season.

Football’s lawmakers have reportedly started negotiations over the first major changes to how Video Assistant Referees operate amid growing calls for the system to be overhauled or scrapped.

According to the Daily Telegraph, managers have been united in condemnation after a series of controversial decisions.

The report claims the International Football Association Board (IFAB) has begun a series of consultations over what changes should be made ahead of their first serious VAR review since its introduction seven years ago.

The game still faces another year of VAR chaos, with trials of any proposed amendments almost certain to be carried out before they are introduced.

There is growing confidence one change that will be made is the introduction of semi-automatic offside ahead in the Premier League ahead of next season.

giphy.gif

"semi automatic offside"?! Erm.....say what?!

I'm a huge fan of VAR (the tech and principle, not the application), but the footballing authorities are doing a great job of making it non viable.
It comes to something when I think something is in a position of overthinking and overanalyzing!

The Emirates Marketing Project penalty today is just fudging hilarious.
Equally, I really don't like the feeling of sorry for Chelsea. It's helped they have Poch and are wearing one of my fav Spurs away kits, but it's still odd.

They just need to go back to the original intent of correcting clear and obvious errors. If you need to study multiple angles, multiple times, taking several minutes, then it's not clear and obvious. The more time they take, the more scrutiny they will get for errors for the simple reason that if they are taking 5 minutes then they damn well should get it right. Long delays in the game can only be justified if the decision making is close to 100%, which is asking to much when so many decisions have a subjective element.

I like Warnock, but disagree strongly with all of those.

There should be no time limit on decisions, take your time, get it right.

Slower motion, more angles, if you can see what happened in real time the ref on the pitch would have got it right first time.

Offside should always be called in the defence’s favour.

All officials should be robots, humans have been trying for 150 years and we are still making mistakes, we’re crap at it.

Last one has to be trolling, if I was making a list of groups of people who understand the laws of football the least, the very top 2 would be football players and football managers, just ahead of, a cluster of colour blind hedgehogs, in a bag.

I think watching challenges in slow motion isn't a good idea.

You can still use them to see who got the ball, did they catch the player. But then judge on real time, or close to real time speed.

Better training for VAR officials so they can make quicker calls would be better, rather then trying to rush them to make a call before 30 second.

I like Warnock, but disagree strongly with all of those.

There should be no time limit on decisions, take your time, get it right.

Slower motion, more angles, if you can see what happened in real time the ref on the pitch would have got it right first time.

Offside should always be called in the defence’s favour.

All officials should be robots, humans have been trying for 150 years and we are still making mistakes, we’re crap at it.

Last one has to be trolling, if I was making a list of groups of people who understand the laws of football the least, the very top 2 would be football players and football managers, just ahead of, a cluster of colour blind hedgehogs, in a bag.
I assume you are taking the tinkle here?

I assume you are taking the tinkle here?

There is an element of humour there yeah, but, overall, we can’t leave pro football to human error, it’s too important, there is too much money involved, we have to throw every tool we have at making the officiating as correct as possible.

Ultimately, that’s all that matters, not fixing it will kill the sport. Yes there have been high profile errors in recent weeks, but overall, decision accuracy is up since VAR was introduced, anything that moves the needle towards 100% is justified.

So let’s help the officials, more tech, more time to use it, fewer mistakes, and certainly fewer partisan people involved, ex players and managers have unconscious (and sometimes very conscious) bias for and against certain clubs.

Back