• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

I don't know what is going on with refs but they really need to get better. There is serious inconsistency in how rules are applied. There should be standards. Palace particularly Ayew got away with a lot of fouls yesterday. Ayew only got carded for dissent and even then he appeared angry for that. I don't know who the ref was but I would really love for him not to be a Spurs ref again.

I don't know what is going on with refs but they really need to get better. There is serious inconsistency in how rules are applied. There should be standards. Palace particularly Ayew got away with a lot of fouls yesterday. Ayew only got carded for dissent and even then he appeared angry for that. I don't know who the ref was but I would really love for him not to be a Spurs ref again.

There will be difference between refs, but the inconsistency is just too big at times. Royal got a direct red card last season for the same fouls that weren't even yellows yesterday.

What really annoys me is how different refs sets completely different standards for games. Some, like that macaron yesterday, allows everything. Others dish out yellows at the first opportunity. It's ridiculous.

There will be difference between refs, but the inconsistency is just too big at times. Royal got a direct red card last season for the same fouls that weren't even yellows yesterday.

What really annoys me is how different refs sets completely different standards for games. Some, like that macaron yesterday, allows everything. Others dish out yellows at the first opportunity. It's ridiculous.
Monday night twice Fulham players knocked the ball past a defender, made no attempt to go around the defender, just ran into him and got a foul.
Davies I think it was did it last night and was told to get up.
Either it's a foul or it's not, that should not be that difficult.
And what about the kick at sons head in the first few minutes, son went down but ref waved play on.

Our problem is we nearly all thought VAR would resolve all the situations yet it has created more, I'm sure someone will put me right but I'm completely unsure of what it can check and what it can't. I thought if the ball touch part of arm or hand in the scoring of a goal the goal would be disallowed even if it was accidental, life's to short to try and learn the new interpretations of the rules/guidelines as they seem to change so often.

David Coote in the VAR room just took 5 mins to decide that Jay Rodriguez was offside.

First showed the green line on the replay and then a minute later a red line.

The decisions this weekend may make me stop watching the Premier League. The decision making process has been absolutely horrible and poor. From Spurs vs Palace to Burnley vs Bournemouth to Wolves vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Simply poor decisions.

The decisions this weekend may make me stop watching the Premier League. The decision making process has been absolutely horrible and poor. From Spurs vs Palace to Burnley vs Bournemouth to Wolves vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Simply poor decisions.

Glad VAR has made the game fairer and more correct. :(

Mistime a tackle or ball hitting your arm from a yard away it's a booking or VAR might look at it and say that's a red, take a massive kick at a player and miss and VAR says is ok with a booking, it's a joke. It appears to me some refs don't want to give a decision in case it gets reviewed and VAR don't want to turn decisions over as its criticisms of their mates.

Mistime a tackle or ball hitting your arm from a yard away it's a booking or VAR might look at it and say that's a red, take a massive kick at a player and miss and VAR says is ok with a booking, it's a joke. It appears to me some refs don't want to give a decision in case it gets reviewed and VAR don't want to turn decisions over as its criticisms of their mates.

I have said since day one it was rubbish and got called out on that. The one good thing that has happened is that a lot more fans from all clubs are seeing and agreeing its brick.

I've just watched back the full Chelsea game, and Gary Neville was oo-ing and aah-ing and oh-no-ing at every tackle made, seemingly desperate to see players sent off.
It made me wonder whether the muppets in the Stockley Park caravan have access to commentary, as Neville could have been influencing the game, making them doubt themselves so they rewind and see if he has a point?

I've just watched back the full Chelsea game, and Gary Neville was oo-ing and aah-ing and oh-no-ing at every tackle made, seemingly desperate to see players sent off.
It made me wonder whether the muppets in the Stockley Park caravan have access to commentary, as Neville could have been influencing the game, making them doubt themselves so they rewind and see if he has a point?

I did wonder that too, The VAR decision took so long while they were checking for offside etc., During which time Neville was blabbing on about Romero's tackle for a solid 3 mins or so! I can imagine people saying to the VAR that Sky are going on about Romero and them feeling pressured to address it

You'd think it would be a standard thing that they wouldn't have any commentary or punditry on in the VAR cabin so it doesn't curry any favour, but who knows.

Neville is just a terrible commentator, creates storylines for himself to rabbit on about all game, regardless of what is going happening on the pitch.

You'd think it would be a standard thing that they wouldn't have any commentary or punditry on in the VAR cabin so it doesn't curry any favour, but who knows.

Neville is just a terrible commentator, creates storylines for himself to rabbit on about all game, regardless of what is going happening on the pitch.
After a promising insightful start (when first taking up the pundit roll) he's definitely sliding down the too comfortable/too opinionated path.

No real complaints about VAR last night.

Yes Romero went, but on another day he c.ould have for the other kick out...ditto Udogie. Thats subjectivity for you.

The offside line drawing was painfully slow though.....just get that semi AI automated brick in pronto.

Nevrer a truer sentance, not only is he a bad commentator he is also full of flimflam and his own importance.

After a promising insightful start (when first taking up the pundit roll) he's definitely sliding down the too comfortable/too opinionated path.

When did he start commentating as opposed to just the Monday Night Studio stuff? Has he always commentated?

The main commenter actually shouted "oh no" when he thought Vicario had saved the penalty.

Back