• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

The Panama game seemingly raised one potentially unsuspected outcome following the introduction of the video assistant ref.

Every VAR decision that went against Panama was accompanied by an horrific but masterful display in the dark arts of gamesmanship. Maybe that is how they behave all the time, I wouldn't know, but it seemed like they took every VAR hold-up as an added Ghod-given opportunity to go into full-on obstreperous mode. They put so much into it I fear they may just have set a precedent for others to follow.

If VAR does end up opening the door to more of that sort of nonsense then the game will become considerably the poorer and we the fans will be the ones to suffer most.

A yellow card or two for dissent might have solved that.

Even so, one way or another Panama have potentially provided a very unwelcome precedent in how to fill in the void both during and immediately following a VAR review.

Also the ref made every call himself did he not? VAR double checked everything, something I find tedious to be honest.

On another note, its still not picking up any of the bits it should. Today Cavani took a player out the wall by force, nothing given

I think that it was just standard distract the penalty taker tactics and that you frequently see the same in games without VAR. It carried on after the decision.
True enough but the additional delay seemingly meant Panama's insufferable theatrics were even more drawn out than usual. No doubt all part of a cunning plan calculated to throw England off their game. Fortunately, to Harry's immense credit, it made not one jot of difference to the outcome.

So another mega fudge-up in the Iran-Portugal game

Completely wrong decision again, completely undermined the referee, and all control of the game went

Vogon football :rolleyes:

So another mega fudge-up in the Iran-Portugal game

Completely wrong decision again, completely undermined the referee, and all control of the game went

Vogon football :rolleyes:

I think that most refs would've given it if they saw the goal side angle.

I think that he dealt with the dissent well and have seen no sign of him being undermined since.

Brilliant - that's it isn't it? That right there was the death of VAR. That game was up there with the Rochdale one in terms farce.

Just watched the Portugal game and what my favourite buttplug that was, funny enough i have just got a e-mail from a booking agency about a new show this summer in London. Drury Lane Theatre a new farce titled VAR.

What a joke.

The ref had a bad second half and decisions took too long but only the handball decision was wrong.

But every player feels aggrieved by it, it sends tempers soaring and ruins the entire spectacle

Does anyone remember any football tonight? Nope. It was arguing, play acting and pantomime. The sport part of the game has been sacrificed to the gods of Kafkaesque bureaucracy.

Just watched the Portugal game and what my favourite buttplug that was, funny enough i have just got a e-mail from a booking agency about a new show this summer in London. Drury Lane Theatre a new farce titled VAR.

What a joke.

The ref was all at sea - he was out of his depth, there is always 1 or 3 in any tournament!

VAR and Brexit are different GB

Do you know what, there's actually an awful lot of similarities.

The EU/FIFA, both corrupt, aloof Vogon-esque bureaucracies, driven by expansionism and the need for social control, destroying all joy, whimsy and humanity in their path

Back