• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

It was a good game, had chances to win but draw fair result, Abbott and Casenova were passing quicker which helped the team. It appeared like that old mental thing of sitting back at bit in last few minutes.

Parrott isn't in the squad today.
No idea why, he isn't listed as injured or suspended.

3 down after 30mins... Probably a good game to miss
Indeed, likewise Devine keeps getting left out and Plymouth fail to score, hopefully Devine gets a start soon and makes an impact.

Reactions: jrh
Indeed, likewise Devine keeps getting left out and Plymouth fail to score, hopefully Devine gets a start soon and makes an impact.
He started off in the team and was playing well (I watched 3 Plymouth games) , so not sure why he's then been benched. I'm not sure if another player was coming back from injury. Plymouth's results have been a bit all over the place so maybe it's just switching things up?

He started off in the team and was playing well (I watched 3 Plymouth games) , so not sure why he's then been benched. I'm not sure if another player was coming back from injury. Plymouth's results have been a bit all over the place so maybe it's just switching things up?

I suppose in a positive light it gives Devine a challenge to fight his way in to the team, which a big part of being a top level footballer so it's good to learn that now. It could be that he has had a slight knock we don't know about that took him out of the team in the first place.

However, if, for whatever reason Devine spends the rest of his time on the bench / or out of the squad then it isn't the best look for taking him out of a team that he was thriving in to switching it up to an unproductive loan.

It's still early and we don't know the picture so I hope this doesn't seem like me condemning the club for the decision just yet now it's looking a bit iffy, but it did seem like a gamble at the time. All transfers are of course but this could be an example of turning a successful one in to a not so successful one, I hope that isn't the case!

I suppose in a positive light it gives Devine a challenge to fight his way in to the team, which a big part of being a top level footballer so it's good to learn that now. It could be that he has had a slight knock we don't know about that took him out of the team in the first place.

However, if, for whatever reason Devine spends the rest of his time on the bench / or out of the squad then it isn't the best look for taking him out of a team that he was thriving in to switching it up to an unproductive loan.

It's still early and we don't know the picture so I hope this doesn't seem like me condemning the club for the decision just yet now it's looking a bit iffy, but it did seem like a gamble at the time. All transfers are of course but this could be an example of turning a successful one in to a not so successful one, I hope that isn't the case!

Maybe we chose Plymouth as their manager had worked with both boys in the England set up

Maybe we chose Plymouth as their manager had worked with both boys in the England set up
I think that was part of the thinking.
Ian Foster knows both the lads we sent there BUT he himself was a new appointment as manager ...so it's only natural he's switching things around as he hunts out a successful formula for himself. (ie he's not going to do us any favours)

Bundu, who appears to be the player now in favour in Devines position has had to wait his turn, but Foster had stated previously 'he will get his turn'

No doubt that was part of it but it was still an active choice to move him from where he was settled and playing week in week out to a team where that currently isn't the case.

It's still early and maybe it's cherry picking to take a snapshot of the situation as it currently is for moaning fuel, but if it's the same throughout the loan spell it won't have looked like a good decision to switch it up...

The recall option was there to be exercised and must have been agreed upon by both clubs but it does give off a big of a meddling feel, but it's easy to say that now, hopefully Devine will get back in to the team.

No doubt that was part of it but it was still an active choice to move him from where he was settled and playing week in week out to a team where that currently isn't the case.

It's still early and maybe it's cherry picking to take a snapshot of the situation as it currently is for moaning fuel, but if it's the same throughout the loan spell it won't have looked like a good decision to switch it up...

The recall option was there to be exercised and must have been agreed upon by both clubs but it does give off a big of a meddling feel, but it's easy to say that now, hopefully Devine will get back in to the team.
According to whoscored he has 6 league starts for Plymouth.

Obviously impossible to know from the outside what went into that decision. For me, from the outside, I agree that it's a bit of a gamble, but it also seems like a good decision to make.

More of a risk/reward, or upside/downside type thing for me. And potential upsides and downsides with both decisions. Seems like a solid decision to "gamble" that a clearly talented player would be able to and benefit from a step up.

Back