• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Watching Blackburn Rovers vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine earlier in the FA Cup, I was thinking about Ashley Phillips.
We bought Phillips and loaned him to Plymouth; would it have been better to simply buy him and leave him at Blackburn i.e. he knew the setup and was well liked so it is less risky. AND they would have reduced the price presumably, to keep him for another year.

Watching Blackburn Rovers vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine earlier in the FA Cup, I was thinking about Ashley Phillips.
We bought Phillips and loaned him to Plymouth; would it have been better to simply buy him and leave him at Blackburn i.e. he knew the setup and was well liked so it is less risky. AND they would have reduced the price presumably, to keep him for another year.

Club probably wanted him to get integrated into the set up and understand what was expected of him, there was possibly talks about his career path and a suitable loan later in the year, next season he will come back knowing the club and with league experience he may not have got at Blackburn.

Emile Heskey's son!

Looks like it was a tight game with chances for both sides.
One of our best, Tyrese Hall scoring a good goal for us.
Our best (Mikey Moore) unfit to take part.
And the freekick in the final minute which City scored from, was never a freekick.
Presumably City are one of the best teams around.
Shame we lost Mikey Moore to injury for this game. I think we would've won the game (and probably the whole competition) with him fit.

They might not have been able to afford his wages.

Club probably wanted him to get integrated into the set up and understand what was expected of him, there was possibly talks about his career path and a suitable loan later in the year, next season he will come back knowing the club and with league experience he may not have got at Blackburn.

Yeh talking to a mate of mine who is a janner, seems Plymouths been picked on their playing style and systems. Also a highly regarded England Youth manager

Yeh talking to a mate of mine who is a janner, seems Plymouths been picked on their playing style and systems. Also a highly regarded England Youth manager

It's so right to pick a club whos style fits ours, pointless send youngsters to long ball teams or have a settled team they can't get into, Ipswich looked a good pick for Scarlett but they were playing so well he couldn't get a game.

Think we make 5 mil out of it, plus his wages off the books? Great result all round.

Not heard about us getting anything out of it tbh - with his comtract expiring in the summer that doesn't really make sense to me?

Good deal for us if so

I thought the U21 game v Everton would be on Everton's youtube channel?

Whilst there, I saw this vid about their new stadium taking shape, vaguely interesting

Cool, cool.. Another 4 minutes coming up, really helping his development. :confused:
Do you understand that he’s been injured? Not even a conference side would start an unfit player recovering from injury.

If in 3-4 weeks time he’s still on the bench getting 5 minutes then there’s a discussion to be had, but really bizarre to be upset about it now.

Back