• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

We need to stop holding on to academy players over 21 who aren't anywhere close to the first team. It just stunts their careers.

Austin, Whiteman, Craig, John and Parrott are kind of in that same category now

I believe it depends on individual circumstances, whether club feel they might be useful or that no suitable club wanted to loan them, John is 20 and had a terrible loan last season at Charlton, hardly got a kick all season.

I believe it depends on individual circumstances, whether club feel they might be useful or that no suitable club wanted to loan them, John is 20 and had a terrible loan last season at Charlton, hardly got a kick all season.
Yeah. Depends on what the player wants. Surely most of those players will have at least somewhat realistic expectations about what their future here and in the game is. As long as there are conversations happening with them about their future it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Also worth keeping in mind that I think it's good to have some balance even in the youth squads. Not necessarily on age, but on player types and roles. If there isn't another younger player ready to fill that place having a decent/good player for a squad role there can be a good thing and allow the teams to function better, helping the development of others.

Yeah. Depends on what the player wants. Surely most of those players will have at least somewhat realistic expectations about what their future here and in the game is. As long as there are conversations happening with them about their future it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Also worth keeping in mind that I think it's good to have some balance even in the youth squads. Not necessarily on age, but on player types and roles. If there isn't another younger player ready to fill that place having a decent/good player for a squad role there can be a good thing and allow the teams to function better, helping the development of others.

Exactly

Back