• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Not sure what you mean by that.

Anyway a quick google shows they stopped funding their youth in 2016, but started it again last season.

I remember reading they were forced to operate one again. I remember when the Elite Player Performance Plan came in we didn’t operate an U21 team in the league at the time but opted to do what Brentford do with their B team and play friendlies. However to be graded as a top academy we were forced to enter the league.

I remember reading they were forced to operate one again. I remember when the Elite Player Performance Plan came in we didn’t operate an U21 team in the league at the time but opted to do what Brentford do with their B team and play friendlies. However to be graded as a top academy we were forced to enter the league.

Wasn't that when they got rid of the reserve league though? Introduced 25 man squads. Or am i miss remembering?

Not sure what you mean by that.

Anyway a quick google shows they stopped funding their youth in 2016, but started it again last season.

Not every team in leagues have academies, most do but there are certain criteria the club must meet and the academies are graded. Teams can have a youth team and enter it in the FA youth cup just like FA cup.

Not every team in leagues have academies, most do but there are certain criteria the club must meet and the academies are graded. Teams can have a youth team and enter it in the FA youth cup just like FA cup.

Still not sure what you are trying to say? They didn't have an academy. But started one again last season because they had to, due to prem rules.

I wasn't talking about any other leagues.

Sorry but what is the difference between youth and academy? Age?

How does that factor in to our game tonight of fa youth cup? Which the article i quoted said they'd enter a team for last season. After restarting their academy.

Last edited:
Still not sure what you are trying to say? They didn't have an academy. But started one again last season because they had to, due to prem rules.

I wasn't talking about any other leagues.

Sorry but what is the difference between youth and academy? Age?

How does that factor in to our game tonight of fa youth cup. Which the article i quoted said they'd enter a team for last season? After restarting their academy.

The FA Youth Cup is open to all teams affiliated to FA who have a youth team, Millwall are playing Barking tonight in 3rd round, there have been 5 other rounds before this level. Academies have to meet specific rules and not all clubs can afford to meet them, I'm not sure but I believe the PL require their members to have them now. It's worth looking at FA website to see the teams who played in the qualifying rounds.

The FA Youth Cup is open to all teams affiliated to FA who have a youth team, Millwall are playing Barking tonight in 3rd round, there have been 5 other rounds before this level. Academies have to meet specific rules and not all clubs can afford to meet them, I'm not sure but I believe the PL require their members to have them now. It's worth looking at FA website to see the teams who played in the qualifying rounds.

Thanks for the wiki.

All i said was i thought brentford got rid of their academy.

Seems they did but started it again.

Grats on the win boys.

Thanks for the wiki.

All i said was i thought brentford got rid of their academy.

Seems they did but started it again.

Grats on the win boys.
Sorry I thought you meant they couldn't be in it as they never had an academy, I wasn't aware that they had scraped their academy before reinstating it, I suppose the PL insisted.

Last edited:
Donley starts for U21 the day after being a late sub vs Toon.

Live now on Spursplay

4 mins goal - Soonsup-Bell
5 mins goal - Kyerematen

Last edited:
Good game Sunderland pushed them all the way.
I went along as I only live 10 miles up the road. It was a very competitive game played at a fast pace. Spurs playing inverted FBs.
Donley looks physically ready for men's football, he does like a Hollywood ball!
Dorrington solid at the back alongside Tyrell Ashcroft who, although quite slight from a build perspective, was excellent on the ball and very rapid - he really impressed me the most.
Super finish from Sunsoop-Bell. Lankshear worked hard but was dominated by the centre halves generally.
We struggled to play out from the back at times - the inverted FBs doesn't work too well if they aren't comfortable playing on the half turn so we ended up playing long to Lankshear and turning the ball over at times.
The whole team worked extremely hard to defend the lead. Keeper also very impressive in both his handling and his footwork.

Attachments

• youth_3.jpg
    youth_3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • youth_4.jpg
    youth_4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Back