• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

The manager that wanted him at MK Dons is now on his way to Swansea. He was at Ipswich a month when the manager that signed him left.

Nothing seems to work straight forward for him. Tottenham should just recall him already and find another League 1 club for him.
Don't worry, it's him or Jody Morris.

No one has scored more goals for Ireland than Parrott has in the last 32 Ireland games.
No one is Ireland is expecting anything.

I have Irish family so I am fully aware of the hype round the poor kid.

Great no one has scored more goals then him in the last 32 games. But against what opposition did he score? Were vinny's goals last season undervalued because of the quality of the opposition. Context is everything.

I have Irish family so I am fully aware of the hype round the poor kid.

Great no one has scored more goals then him in the last 32 games. But against what opposition did he score? Were vinny's goals last season undervalued because of the quality of the opposition. Context is everything.
Being Irish I know there's no hype in Ireland around him. He's never in the papers, never in the news, never heard about except for 5 mins discussing him in the hour before an international game.

The international team is so bad the only thing that is hoped for is semi-decent football that doesn't put you to sleep. There's no major expectation or hype around any of the players.

Being Irish I know there's no hype in Ireland around him. He's never in the papers, never in the news, never heard about except for 5 mins discussing him in the hour before an international game.

The international team is so bad the only thing that is hoped for is semi-decent football that doesn't put you to sleep. There's no major expectation or hype around any of the players.

You must have missed it then, because it is true. I have read articles about him in newspapers and heard pundits talking him and the black lad at Norwich whose name I have forgotten, up.

Not knocking that side to it because the same happens in England with young English players. But Ireland like England is unimportant and the only thing that matters is Tottenham.

You must have missed it then, because it is true. I have read articles about him in newspapers and heard pundits talking him and the black lad at Norwich whose name I have forgotten, up.

Not knocking that side to it because the same happens in England with young English players. But Ireland like England is unimportant and the only thing that matters is Tottenham.
It isn't true. Two Irish lads living in Ireland (I believe Modric THFC is Irish) tell you there's no hype but you know better...
The odd article about a player isn't hype, pundits talking about an Irish player for 5 mins in a build up to an Irish game isn't hype.

Norwich player? Omambadele (spelling?) ? There's no hype around him either. I doubt many even know who he is.

Last edited:
It isn't true. Two Irish lads living in Ireland (I believe Modric THFC is Irish) tell you there's no hype but you know better...
The odd article about a player isn't hype, pundits talking about an Irish player for 5 mins in a build up to an Irish game isn't hype.

Norwich player? Omambadele (spelling?) ? There's no hype around him either. I doubt many even know who he is.

It is the same with English players. He is getting hyped. I visit Ireland fairly regularly. He was being hyped pre covid as the saviour of Irish football. Bang out of order for a teenager.

He from what I have seen reminds me of time werner. Who is a very fine player and was spoken about as a youth.

When I hear Irish players talking about him and saying he is Ireland's main striker I despair. He is a kid, let him find his own way.

It is the same with English players. He is getting hyped. I visit Ireland fairly regularly. He was being hyped pre covid as the saviour of Irish football. Bang out of order for a teenager.

He from what I have seen reminds me of time werner. Who is a very fine player and was spoken about as a youth.

When I hear Irish players talking about him and saying he is Ireland's main striker I despair. He is a kid, let him find his own way.
You despair when he is talked about as Irelands main striker??? You obviously haven't seen Irelands options in that position. Callum Robinson is the only other real option, so talk of him as Irelands main striker is due to that.

And he still isn't getting hyped no matter how often you visit Ireland.

You despair when he is talked about as Irelands main striker??? You obviously haven't seen Irelands options in that position. Callum Robinson is the only other real option, so talk of him as Irelands main striker is due to that.

And he still isn't getting hyped no matter how often you visit Ireland.

I despair that pressure is put onto firstly a young lad regardless of nationality but more importantly in fact the only importance in this case that pressure is being put onto a Tottenham asset. Which is what he is.

I have heard different pundits talking him up even when he had barely played a league match and certainly before he had scored a league goal. In lots of match reports even if he has not played he is spoken about as someone who can lead Ireland forward. My brother in law also tells me he is a regular subject on radio phone ins. He has the radio on while he is at work.

Guess it depends on your definition of hype but I think he is being hyped up. I would say the same if it was Nile John being talked about like this. They are spurs assets and should be down to spurs to guide their futures not the frankly old fashioned and slightly racist F.A. around the world.

I have no idea how good Parrott will be, what i do know though is that if i had a fiver for every young player who gets hyped up by their fans and the media since i have been watching/working in football i would be a lot richer . It happens all the time by fans who believe their youngster/s are going to be super stars. That is the same at all clubs. Hype on young players does not always help the player involved either.

A friend of mine who is an MK Dons fan was at the game today and said he had a really good game. He started deeper but then they moved him further forward, he also almost scored a Cantona chip apparently.

Very Kane like movement and finish. Hopefully game time in a team like the Don's will help him, last year was lost to him.

Well said... the injury he got in the beginning of last season seems to have knocked him off his stride. Hope we have an option of a January recall in case he is pulling trees in the EFL by Christmas and a Championship team becomes an option...

Nice goal. Hopefully he is knuckling down and staying away from off pitch distractions.
Maybe other young players coming through have made him realise he needs to work in order to progress.

Back