• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Would cost a fair amount. Didn’t Bournemouth buy him for £10m in the summer? I agree though that I’d like us to sign him as he’s shown very good potential.

He is around 20 years old and has 5 goals in his first 16 league matches as a winger. If we went in for him in the summer it would be interesting to see how much Bournemouth would ask for him. Also would he come to us considering he currently playing ever week at the moment? I see him as a Levy signing for the right price although we should have signed him last summer

So many questions coming up with regards to the squad. Davies has shown that he would become our second choice LCB behind Jan, Skipp is showing that we may not need to rush into grabbing a DM replacement.

I honestly feel like a new first choice RB and CM are our priorities. LB and another forward are after that.

Zero chance of Poch signing a right back when we have Aurier, Trippier and Walker-Peters

No it is not, this is not Football Manager, it is not that simple
Apologies I was being facetious with the last comment. Those are the two I want us to sign though. However think the opportunity to sign Ndombele had passed.

EXCLUSIVE: Sunderland ready to cash in on Maja
Sunderland are trying to cash in on teenage hotshot Josh Maja, writes Adrian Kajumba.

Thirteen goal strike starlet Maja, 19, the top scoring teenager in England’s top four divisions, is out of contract at the end of the season and the Black Cats have yet to reach an agreement on a new deal

And, fearing they won’t, Sunderland have now offered Maja to English clubs for just £1.5m knowing he can sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club from January 1 and they would then only receive a small fee in accordance with FIFA’s compensation rules

Doing a deal now represents their best hope of securing a reasonable sum for the front man

Sunderland boss Jack Ross benched Maja for Saturday’s trip to Portsmouth due to his future being uncertain - though claimed it was because of illness - but the decision backfired as they lost 3-1

Maja’s tally is made up of 12 league goals plus a further strike in the EFL Trophy. His dozen League One goals have come from just 29 shots making him the most clinical striker in the division with a conversion rate of 41 per cent.

And that is why clubs including Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham and Southampton have been keeping tabs on Maja this season.

Think I’d keep Llorente until the summer at least, he’s proved a useful last resort a few times this season. The rest I agree with.

Agree with that. I'm not Llorente's biggest fan and I think he needs replacing in the summer. But for now, he might come in handy. Even if it's just one moment in a game, could be the difference between a trophy or not.

EXCLUSIVE: Sunderland ready to cash in on Maja
Sunderland are trying to cash in on teenage hotshot Josh Maja, writes Adrian Kajumba.

Thirteen goal strike starlet Maja, 19, the top scoring teenager in England’s top four divisions, is out of contract at the end of the season and the Black Cats have yet to reach an agreement on a new deal

And, fearing they won’t, Sunderland have now offered Maja to English clubs for just £1.5m knowing he can sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club from January 1 and they would then only receive a small fee in accordance with FIFA’s compensation rules

Doing a deal now represents their best hope of securing a reasonable sum for the front man

Sunderland boss Jack Ross benched Maja for Saturday’s trip to Portsmouth due to his future being uncertain - though claimed it was because of illness - but the decision backfired as they lost 3-1

Maja’s tally is made up of 12 league goals plus a further strike in the EFL Trophy. His dozen League One goals have come from just 29 shots making him the most clinical striker in the division with a conversion rate of 41 per cent.

And that is why clubs including Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham and Southampton have been keeping tabs on Maja this season.

Is he any good? What type of CF is he?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

A far as I know, nippy, skilful and a good finisher - high chance conversion rate. Young, tearing it up at league one level.

Think he’s a Londoner too.

Thanks. If he’s really available for £1.5m he’d be worth a punt if you believed there was just a 10% chance he turned into a £15m player.

Given how little we use Llorente it would make a lot of sense to bring in someone like this in Jan

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Be nice if we get just one new signing for morale and to give the squad a lift. Personally I'd say CM is the position we are most in need of an upgrade.

Right back is also an area we can improve on but I'm still hopeful that KWP will grow into the role.

I know he's had two major ACL injuries (one to each knee), but does anyone think Callum Wilson would be a decent pickup in January? He impressed me today with his pace and strength, and he's been generally impressive this season. He'd be homegrown as well, knows the league, and no doubt those injuries will have afforded him an enormous amount of mental strength.

He'd be expensive given that he's Bournemouth's top scorer, but I wonder if he'd be an easy way to bolster our squad heading into the crunch period.

I know he's had two major ACL injuries (one to each knee), but does anyone think Callum Wilson would be a decent pickup in January? He impressed me today with his pace and strength, and he's been generally impressive this season. He'd be homegrown as well, knows the league, and no doubt those injuries will have afforded him an enormous amount of mental strength.

He'd be expensive given that he's Bournemouth's top scorer, but I wonder if he'd be an easy way to bolster our squad heading into the crunch period.

I like him but who does he replace?

I like him but who does he replace?

Llorente and Janssen? Sonny's going to be away in January, and I really like the two-striker system we're essentially running at the moment. We just slot him into the squad, and when Sonny gets back we have a pool of four dangerous forwards to rotate between (Kane, Son, Wilson, Lucas) as necessary.

Plus, he's old enough (27 in February, I think) that it shouldn't present a major obstacle to Troy Parrott's continued progression in the medium-term.

Llorente and Janssen? Sonny's going to be away in January, and I really like the two-striker system we're essentially running at the moment. We just slot him into the squad, and when Sonny gets back we have a pool of four dangerous forwards to rotate between (Kane, Son, Wilson, Lucas) as necessary.

Plus, he's old enough (27 in February, I think) that it shouldn't present a major obstacle to Troy Parrott's continued progression in the medium-term.

Don’t forget one of them isn’t even in our squad currently but I do get your logic

Back