• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Chelsea agreed to pay agent fees said to be around £7m in addition to the £15m transfer fee to Everton for Ross Barkley's signature last week. (Times)

So it appears Chelsea wanted him as an investment, and made it the best interests of the agent to make it happen. As long as Barkley is only interested in the money, everybody wins.

So £22m (not inc his £150k per week wages) for a player with 6 months left on his contract and whose not played a game since last May? The more I hear about this transfer the happier I am we backed off.

Edit: having said that, in a market where coutinho is £140m and VVD is £75m then maybe this isn’t such a bad deal. Tough to know when the market seems to appreciate 15/20% every window!

So £22m (not inc his £150k per week wages) for a player with 6 months left on his contract and whose not played a game since last May? The more I hear about this transfer the happier I am we backed off.

Edit: having said that, in a market where coutinho is £140m and VVD is £75m then maybe this isn’t such a bad deal. Tough to know when the market seems to appreciate 15/20% every window!

It wont if the new tv deal falls, which is likely now bt and sky have cartelled.

It wont if the new tv deal falls, which is likely now bt and sky have cartelled.

I think the new packaging model makes it possible for one broadcaster to buy all the regular slots if someone else gets one of those with all the games from a single round. We'll need Amazon or similar to get involved for another significant jump in prices.

I think the new packaging model makes it possible for one broadcaster to buy all the regular slots if someone else gets one of those with all the games from a single round. We'll need Amazon or similar to get involved for another significant jump in prices.

But they wont (however much the EPL pretends they will). Viewing figures have gone off a cliff.

Under 18s don't watch full matches anymore - they watch goals and tricks compilations, and mainly know players from their computer games.

But they wont (however much the EPL pretends they will). Viewing figures have gone off a cliff.

Under 18s don't watch full matches anymore - they watch goals and tricks compilations, and mainly know players from their computer games.

It's ridiculous how the PL is lagging behind on broadcasting. Conventional tv is well past its sell by date. Time to let people buy the games they want to watch. Of course, this will just further expose how little interest there is in the 40 points targeting bus parkers.

It's ridiculous how the PL is lagging behind on broadcasting. Conventional tv is well past its sell by date. Time to let people buy the games they want to watch. Of course, this will just further expose how little interest there is in the 40 points targeting bus parkers.
What better way to improve football? If you're not interesting to watch, you make less money than your competitors.

Would also put paid to this myth of Emirates Marketing Project being famous enough to generate a proper income.

Back