• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Would be awesome if someone put up 30m for Sissoko. He’s probably worth almost that much to teams like Everton.

We would then have a decent war chest to really strengthen the first team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeah I was thinking to myself who would want to buy Sissoko. Some teams that think they are getting a star player off a big team.

Everton? maybe?
West Brom? Did Alan Pardew like him when he was a Saudi Sportswashing Machine? they need re-inforcements.
Abroad?

I think the old sell to buy may be consigned to the past what with the new TV deal

I'd agree, Spurs probably has a minimum line of sight to doubling our income (close to double number of match day tickets, significantly more corporate facilities, better sponsorship, CL knockout stages, NFL deal, new TV money), I'd expect our revenue a year out of new stadium move to be significantly higher than the last year at WHL.

If the right player is available and if said player wants to come to Spurs, I think the money is there (we paid 40M for Sanchez, a name very few could have talked about, unproven in PL, etc.)

Yeah I was thinking to myself who would want to buy Sissoko. Some teams that think they are getting a star player off a big team.

Everton? maybe?
West Brom? Did Alan Pardew like him when he was a Saudi Sportswashing Machine? they need re-inforcements.
Abroad?

Everton were prepared to pay 30 for him. Now probably not. Chances are we'll have to wait for the world cup, and maybe just maybe PSG and someone else will get into a bidding war. Or we might punt him on now for around 25m - at that price maybe clubs like watford or everton would take a punt?

I doubt we have to sell to buy but I imagine it is good working practise to do a one in one out rule.

I am interested to see who we drop from the champs league squad to fit Lamela in, so I am not sure we will get to many new players without seeing a few leave.

De Jong at Ajax fits the bill of what Poch wants, as comfortable in defence as he is in midfield and Poch likes a player that can fill two roles, I obviously have been a big supporter of Sessegnon and he is another who could play two positions in the team.

Think those two and we could see the back of Sissoko and Nokodu. Give Walker peters a loan.

Then in the summer we can look to offload Dembele, Janssen and maybe Tripper if W-P looks like stepping up.

Would also give loans to division one to a lot of our youth players for the rest of the season, get them used to mens football.

@danishfurtiturelover apart from selling Dembele I'd agree. Dembele is worth keeping imo. He's not played a lot, but I think he can be an important player for us. Think back a year or so when he was our most important player for many games. At 30 he should be able to rediscover that form. We wouldn't get a lot for him anyway, but he could be a massive player for us. Hold imo.

Last edited:
I'd agree, Spurs probably has a minimum line of sight to doubling our income (close to double number of match day tickets, significantly more corporate facilities, better sponsorship, CL knockout stages, NFL deal, new TV money), I'd expect our revenue a year out of new stadium move to be significantly higher than the last year at WHL.

If the right player is available and if said player wants to come to Spurs, I think the money is there (we paid 40M for Sanchez, a name very few could have talked about, unproven in PL, etc.)

Sanchez and Aurier were paid for by Walker and Wimmer. It was still close to a zero net spend window.

Everton? maybe?
Abroad?
Would be a very good player for several teams both in England and abroad. If a club is willing to spend that kind of money on him is another question. He's PL proven and settled in the country, so if someone wants a player to come straight in and do a job he could be an option for someone.

I doubt we have to sell to buy but I imagine it is good working practise to do a one in one out rule.

I am interested to see who we drop from the champs league squad to fit Lamela in, so I am not sure we will get to many new players without seeing a few leave.

De Jong at Ajax fits the bill of what Poch wants, as comfortable in defence as he is in midfield and Poch likes a player that can fill two roles, I obviously have been a big supporter of Sessegnon and he is another who could play two positions in the team.

Think those two and we could see the back of Sissoko and Nokodu. Give Walker peters a loan.

Then in the summer we can look to offload Dembele, Janssen and maybe Tripper if W-P looks like stepping up.

Would also give loans to division one to a lot of our youth players for the rest of the season, get them used to mens football.

GKN I would think

Sanchez and Aurier were paid for by Walker and Wimmer. It was still close to a zero net spend window.

If we paid all transfers in full straight away, maybe.

As it is we dont, we know very well deals are structured in installments. Both buys and sales.

So the idea that everything needs to perfectly net off in Jan is wrong, IMO.

I imagine squad constraints drive the one in/one out more than financial.

If we paid all transfers in full straight away, maybe.

As it is we dont, we know very well deals are structured in installments. Both buys and sales.

So the idea that everything needs to perfectly net off in Jan is wrong, IMO.

I imagine squad constraints drive the one in/one out more than financial.

Sure, but it's a good gauge, and it seems to be one Levy uses (9 consecutive seasons of almost exactly zero net spend per season now)

We've also got a wacking great £200m loan out for the stadium now, so we might actually have cashflow issues if we buy without selling.

Having both back-up keepers taking up overseas player spots really is a waste isnt it. Its so unlikely that Gazzaniga will ever play

He's Poch's love child I tell you (the ages and locations even add up). There's no other reason for him being here instead of Whiteman.

Sure, but it's a good gauge, and it seems to be one Levy uses (9 consecutive seasons of almost exactly zero net spend per season now)

We've also got a wacking great £200m loan out for the stadium now, so we might actually have cashflow issues if we buy without selling.

You dont know its 0 net spend. You know the reported figures basically balance. Youve no idea how the deals are structured or how the cash flows.

So while, yes, its easy to point to - it is far from as resolute a reason for buys not happening as you think, IMO.

I think simple value, availability and squad places are much more pertinent as to why moves do/dont happen in Jan.

£200m loan at say 7% implies £14m interest cost per year. Very manageable. Also, assuming we remain a successful club, there's no huge urgency to repay the capital either. The key regarding the financing of the stadium is completing it on budget - once we have certainty over that (ie in 6 months time) then the club's financial position will be far more secure because the main variable will have been removed. At the moment, if the stadium over-runs by 10% then we need to find another £80m (based on £800m construction cost) which is a whacking great amount, particularly if we've largely borrowed all we can at sensible rates currently

£200m loan at say 7% implies £14m interest cost per year. Very manageable. Also, assuming we remain a successful club, there's no huge urgency to repay the capital either. The key regarding the financing of the stadium is completing it on budget - once we have certainty over that (ie in 6 months time) then the club's financial position will be far more secure because the main variable will have been removed. At the moment, if the stadium over-runs by 10% then we need to find another £80m (based on £800m construction cost) which is a whacking great amount, particularly if we've largely borrowed all we can at sensible rates currently

I meant cashflow, rather than than general budgeting. Would a bank loan us another £30m for the Sessegnon brothers, when we've just taken out a £200m loan (and our turnover is only £210m) etc?

Back