• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

PSG join chase for £30m Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon as Tottenham face battle to land left-back
The French giants are desperate to lure the 17-year-old who is rated as one of English football’s best young prospects

John Cross
Chief Football Writer

22:30, 4 JAN 2018
Paris Saint Germain have joined the chase to sign Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon.

The French giants are desperate to lure the 17-year-old who is rated as one of English football’s best young prospects.

PSG have been watching Sessegnon this season and are keen to take him to France ahead of a host of English clubs with his price likely to be more than £30m already.

Tottenham tried to sign him last summer but Sessegnon opted to stay at Fulham and sign a new contract to try to get promotion to the Premier League.

His form this season will only heighten Tottenham’s determination to get him and they could bid again this month.

Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project are also keen to sign Sessegnon while Real Madrid are also keeping tabs.

PSG have got the financial clout to tempt Fulham while the youngster also speaks French.

Sessegnon has established himself at left back but is seen as having the potential to emulate Gareth Bale and play further forward.

Fulham are determined to keep the England prospect for at least this season but will face a battle, with major clubs so keen to get him.

Mahrez should walk in our team on current form

He's give us variety in those roles the CF, which I think is key. Him and a pacey player who can play CF in, and shipping out Sissoko and GKN would strengthen us hugely in my view

We wont have to rely on him as a pure first choice player and if his form drops we will have several other options - Mane at Liverpool is flaky with his form also but their strength in attacking positions means they can rotate in and out, would be similar for us with another strong attacking option

Leicester seem to have a few quid, and dont obviously want to sell, and already have him on £100k a week I believe - how expensive a deal do you think it would be?

We wont have to rely on him as a pure first choice player and if his form drops we will have several other options - Mane at Liverpool is flaky with his form also but their strength in attacking positions means they can rotate in and out, would be similar for us with another strong attacking option

He brings variety which we one get from Son which would be a huge bonus

Too big so we won’t pay it, or too big so we shouldn’t pay it?

Good question!
Depends what Leicester are looking for. If say £40m.......which I would doubt. We won't!
If Leicester want £60m then we shouldn't.

Bottom line is I very much doubt Levy will.

Prices are really out of current reach 'I suspect'. Levy will use any spare cash to keep the players he has IMHO. I get this but I also think we need regular new blood coming in to keep the squad moral up and show the current squad the clubs ambitions.
I fear the ambition side of thing will be of the utmost importance to the current squads big players.

Good question!
Depends what Leicester are looking for. If say £40m.......which I would doubt. We won't!
If Leicester want £60m then we shouldn't.

Bottom line is I very much doubt Levy will.

Prices are really out of current reach 'I suspect'. Levy will use any spare cash to keep the players he has IMHO. I get this but I also think we need regular new blood coming in to keep the squad moral up and show the current squad the clubs ambitions.
I fear the ambition side of thing will be of the utmost importance to the current squads big players.

I think we could afford 40m for the right player

I think we could afford 40m for the right player

The slight problem is not being able to sell Janssen this window (as he's already played for two teams this season). Sissoko and GKN don't seem in a hurry out the door either.

It's possible, but I'd imagine we'd need a bridging loan till the summer (and we may be at max credit with the stadium).

The slight problem is not being able to sell Janssen this window (as he's already played for two teams this season). Sissoko and GKN don't seem in a hurry out the door either.

It's possible, but I'd imagine we'd need a bridging loan till the summer (and we may be at max credit with the stadium).

I think the old sell to buy may be consigned to the past what with the new TV deal

I think the old sell to buy may be consigned to the past what with the new TV deal

It hasn't with the last 4 or 5 tv deals over the last 10 years.

I'm not convinced the overall package will go up this time either. Viewing figures have gone off a cliff in the last few years and Sky and BT have now cosied into a protectionist cartel. The EPL are trying desperately to pursued Amazon to bid, but it's still not certain that the price will keep going up now the market is shrinking.

It hasn't with the last 4 or 5 tv deals over the last 10 years.

I'm not convinced the overall package will go up this time either. Viewing figures have gone off a cliff in the last few years and Sky and BT have now cosied into a protectionist cartel. The EPL are trying desperately to pursued Amazon to bid, but it's still not certain that the price will keep going up now the market is shrinking.

No interest in debating it tbh we'll see come the summer

Back