• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

He might want to extend, I fully expect Vorm would as well - but would we be interested?

Personally I think (and hope) not.

Vorm is now 3rd choice, absolutely pointless keeping an experience pro taking up a foreign space as a 3rd choice keeper.

Llorente? Undeniably he has helped this season, but I think he has also shown he just doesnt fully fit with us either. Im much more in favour of buying another forward player and having Son as Kanes deputy.

From reading various things, I think we will be getting Sessegnon, Berge and Andersen. I hope that we add Atal, Ziyech and Grealish or Fernandes to those three to really bring our attacking options forward.

From reading various things, I think we will be getting Sessegnon, Berge and Andersen. I hope that we add Atal, Ziyech and Grealish or Fernandes to those three to really bring our attacking options forward.

You really think we are bringing in 6 or 7?

Id be amazed if it was that many, at least if it was that many without also selling a few key first teamers.

There's no way we'll be signing that many, unless there are departures like Eriksen and Toby. I think it'll be around 3

I think we'll get a RB, a passing CM to fill the Dembele-void and an attacking player of some description. So 3 signings, perhaps 4 if Sessegnon also arrives (in which case Rose would I guess leave)

And then if CE/TA leave, replacements for them

Sessegnon, yes. I would be surprised if he does not play for us next season. I am still not sure Alderweireld will leave, Eriksen too. Ziyech would be a like for like for Eriksen, but I think Poch would prefer Van de Beek for his versatility - a bit like Dier but further up the field. I am not sure we can afford either of them though. And a RB, maybe Wan-Bissaka despite his comments yesterday? That would be three (Sessegnon, Van de Beek, Wan-Bissaka), and I think that might well be all. I would be very very happy with this.

I really think that if anyone thinks we will be signing 7 players this summer then i believe they will be disappointed.

I really think that if anyone thinks we will be signing 7 players this summer then i believe they will be disappointed.

I agree, though actually some of it depends on whether people are assuming TA/CE stay or leave, as well as possible other departures like Rose, Llorente and Wanyama, whether we replace Vorm or just use Whiteman as 3rd choice and whether talking about net additions or gross

Based on all that, there's quite a lot of possible variation!

I agree, though actually some of it depends on whether people are assuming TA/CE stay or leave, as well as possible other departures like Rose, Llorente and Wanyama, whether we replace Vorm or just use Whiteman as 3rd choice and whether talking about net additions or gross

I think they will be movement of course but there is no way ( imo) Poch will bring in 7 players that will be first teamers. It will be like starting all over again for him, we need a couple of signings for sure but no way will we make a massive overall. Of course that is just my thoughts and i could be wrong.

Yes, agreed. Like every season, we speculate a lot but we know very little. It is probably safe to think that we are interested in Sessegnon, and I am also pretty certain that Vorm will be allowed to leave. Even with Sessegnon coming in I cannot see Rose or Davies leave. Maybe Poch will consider Davies as a CB, with Jan getting older and Foyth not quite ready yet for the big games? The other thing we know for certain is that Llorente wants a one-year extension to his contract, but the fact that he is so vocal about is tells me he feels he may not get it. That may ultimately depend on the availability of another Son-like player or another understudy for Kane. Is there anything else we know?The rest I think is mostly speculation.

I think they will be movement of course but there is no way ( imo) Poch will bring in 7 players that will be first teamers. It will be like starting all over again for him, we need a couple of signings for sure but no way will we make a massive overall. Of course that is just my thoughts and i could be wrong.
I agree. So who do you think are the most likely incomings?

I agree. So who do you think are the most likely incomings?

Good question, i try very hard not too speculate on incomings/outgoings at this time of the year. I have had over 50 years of transfer windows and have learnt that its usually mostly guesswork on what will happen.

I do think/hope we will need another RB ( priority for me), another M/F creator ( Eriksen is our best player imo) but he needs help. after that i put my trust in Poch.

Good question, i try very hard not too speculate on incomings/outgoings at this time of the year. I have had over 50 years of transfer windows and have learnt that its usually mostly guesswork on what will happen.

I do think/hope we will need another RB ( priority for me), another M/F creator ( Eriksen is our best player imo) but he needs help. after that i put my trust in Poch.
Sure, I agree completely, speculating makes little sense and we have been surprised too many times by incoming players we had hardly considered or even heard of. But surely you think about the first leg against Ajax - after the emotion of the game has ebbed away I mean - knowing that we routinely look at their players and make bids for them because we think they are good value. And you know also that we might lose Toby or Eriksen or both, and that De Ligt (who will go to Barca) and Ziyech not only played very well, but might be considered the most like-for-like replacements for those two. Doesn't your mind wander off to what might be? Even after 50 years? I can hardly believe it doesn't, no matter how principled your stance on speculation might be (and rightly so).

Sessegnon, yes. I would be surprised if he does not play for us next season. I am still not sure Alderweireld will leave, Eriksen too. Ziyech would be a like for like for Eriksen, but I think Poch would prefer Van de Beek for his versatility - a bit like Dier but further up the field. I am not sure we can afford either of them though. And a RB, maybe Wan-Bissaka despite his comments yesterday? That would be three (Sessegnon, Van de Beek, Wan-Bissaka), and I think that might well be all. I would be very very happy with this.

I think our needs are pretty clear. If Eriksen and Alderweireld stay, we need fullbacks on both sides and a central midfielder. If either of them leave, we might be able to get away with adding a young CB and promoting Foyth, but we must, must try to replace Eriksen. Nobody's played more minutes this season than Eriksen, and he's really the only final third progressive passer we have currently have, especially b/c we can't really rely on Lamela to be fit.

If Eriksen/Alder stay...

Sessegnon / Tierney
Aarons / Atal
A-Grade CM — N'dombele (unlikely), Lo Celso, Diawara, etc

If Eriksen/Alderweireld leave, add...

Andersen
Maddison / David Brooks / Zaniolo

But, importantly, I think we need to speculate on some young players little bit more, which is the most frustrating thing about the last 18 months. Think of Foyth, Dier, and Dele... further back Rose, Walker, Trippier, and even Jan and Eriksen. Sure, you are gonna get your misses, but the insane return you get on those types of players is more than worth it. Ideally, I'd love those to be home-based players from the lower leagues or from rival academies (think about how close we were to Sancho a few summers ago). There are a ton of those guys around (Konsa at Brentford, Eze at QPR, Harper at West Brom to name a few). fudge, just go through the England U21/U19 sides and take some shots on these guys. One good season in the Prem with another team (see: Maddison, Brooks, Harvey Barnes) and your price is up in the 30-million range in no time.

Put it this way, we are expecting to lose 2 of our starting XI in Eriksen and Alderweireld. Lamela and Wanyama are looking perma crocked and need to be replaced whilst we also need to replace Llorente (assuming we don't renew with him). We definitely need a new right back as it seems Trippier is probably off. That's six just to break even so to speak. Then there are the various GKN's and Janssen's in our squad that need to be moved out and replaced with another attacking midfielder/WF.

You really think we are bringing in 6 or 7?

Id be amazed if it was that many, at least if it was that many without also selling a few key first teamers.

More so than 2-3, we are due a rebuild. We are looking at a couple of first teamers leaving and quite a few squad players. There isn't enough quality in our academy to just fill those gaps and even with the tentative numbers being thrown around (£60-75m cash free for transfers plus another £100 from sales) we could quite feasibly spend £160m on a few players.

There's no way we'll be signing that many, unless there are departures like Eriksen and Toby. I think it'll be around 3

I think we'll get a RB, a passing CM to fill the Dembele-void and an attacking player of some description. So 3 signings, perhaps 4 if Sessegnon also arrives (in which case Rose would I guess leave)

And then if CE/TA leave, replacements for them

I personally rate Rose as our best LB and if we were getting rid of someone from that area I'd prefer Davies to go.

Ziyech has 2 years left on his contract and is four years older than van de Beek. He may well be looking to try himself outside the Dutch league and wouldn't cost as much.

I think our needs are pretty clear. If Eriksen and Alderweireld stay, we need fullbacks on both sides and a central midfielder.

Heres the fun thing, already there are going to be differing opinions.

I would argue that while they have been relatively poor his season our fullbacks are adequate (see - season before) and that the most pressing thing we NEED is a couple of CM signings.

CM is absolutely essential and we need two quality additions, IMO.

After that Id like to see a quality attacking player come in. Lamela just doesnt count, and Llorente just doesnt cut it - we need someone good to rotate in/come off the bench.

After that Im happy to look at fullbacks etc as opportunity knocks...

Back