• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Would have meant leaving Janssen out, and not sure that's something we would do.

Was discussed at length in summer and Jan how our squad make up is causing issues.

Could even have been we were interested but only with a clause to buy and Monaco weren't having it

There are many reasons why it might not have happened

While I think it is immaterial anyway as I can't see us putting in an offer anywhere near big enough to prise AWB away from Palace, I would hardly expect the player to say anything other than he is staying when talking to the press at a Palace awards ceremony.

Yep.

If he has any sense he will stay there for a couple of seasons and then be in a position where palace can not charge stupid money because of his contract length.

Do the opposite to Zaha basically.

Manchester United are willing to pay half of Chile forward Alexis Sanchez's £26m salary if manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decides to offload the 30-year-old in the summer. (Mail)

Fulham left-sided player Ryan Sessegnon, 18, has set his sights on joining Tottenham this summer. (Mail)

Silva remains hopeful that Everton can sign on-loan Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, 25, on a permanent basis. Tottenham are also interested in the Portugal international, who is valued at £30m. (Times - subscription required)

'FARKE TO HAVE SMALL PL BUDGET'

Norwich will make 'smart recruitment' in the summer following their promotion to the Premier League, says sporting director Stuart Webber.

VAN DE BEEK NOT CONSIDERING FUTURE

Donny van de Beek won’t think about his future at Ajax until the end of the season, Sky Sports News understands.

The midfielder has been part of Ajax’s run to the Champions League semi-finals and scored the decisive goal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Tuesday night as the Dutch side took a 1-0 lead against Mauricio Pochettino’s side in the first leg.

The 22-year-old is one of the most coveted players in Europe as Ajax fight for the Eredivisie title, the Dutch Cup as well as Champions League success.

Van de Beek has been linked with Europe’s top clubs, including Napoli, but we understand he is not considering a move to Italy right now and would prefer to concentrate on the end of a vital season with his club.

Ajax’s Frenkie De Jong has already agreed a move to Barcelona this summer while 19-year-old Matthijs De Ligt is also being linked with a transfer in the summer.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6358318...ham-after-impressive-champions-league-showing

Hakim Ziyech Linked With £40m Move to Tottenham After Impressive Champions League Showing
Tom Gott01 MAY 2019
  • 24 k
Tottenham Hotspur had scouts specifically watching winger Hakim Ziyech during their Champions League semi-final defeat to Ajax on Tuesday, with a view to submit a £40m bid this summer.

The 26-year-old has been one of his side's standout performers in the Eredivisie this season, and has also showcased his skills on the European stage, putting in stunning performances against Real Madrid, Juventus and now Spurs.

Hakim Ziyech won six tackles against Spurs; more than any other player on the pitch at the time of his substitution.

Crucial to Ajax's pressing. ‍♂️ pic.twitter.com/2ATDFoOeWl

— Squawka Football (@Squawka) April 30, 2019

His display on Tuesday will have impressed Tottenham who, according to the Daily Mail, had scouts watch Ziyech throughout the match, before deciding whether they should pursue a £40m deal this summer.

Ziyech often leads Ajax's high press, winning numerous tackles to help his side recover possession and power forward. On Tuesday night he was one of his side's primary creators and his passing vision was clearly on show as he set up Donny van de Beek's decisive goal during the first half.

Ajax are said to have informed suitors that they will entertain offers for their star players this summer, and Spurs will be hoping to use their close relationship with De Godenzonen to give them an advantage in the race for Ziyech's signature.

They have previously signed Jan Vertonghen, Christian Eriksen and Davinson Sanchez from the Eredivisie side, and Spurs are also said to have come close to convincing Frenkie de Jong to reject Barcelona in favour of a move to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

They may face another battle this time around, with Ziyech thought to have attracted interest from some of Europe's elite sides.

Bayern Munich have previously been linked, whilst Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United are also believed to be contemplating a move for the Moroccan.

This season, Ziyech has racked up a stunning 20 goals and 21 assists in 45 games, helping Ajax to the top of the Eredivisie standings as well as the semi-final of the Champions League. He has primarily operated as a right-winger, although Erik ten Hag's system gives him plenty of freedom to roam into central positions to utilise his creativity.

Prior to the current campaign, Ziyech spent most of his time as a central attacking midfielder, but he has proven that he could operate in either position, which will only attract more interest from abroad.

Mata is on a free in the summer, he would be a good back up option depending on wages.

All of these are available on frees this summer too

David Luiz
Antonio Valencia
Diego Godín
Nacho Monreal
Adrien Rabiot
Juan Mata
Ander Herrera
Arjen Robben
Olivier Giroud
Mario Balotelli
James Milner
Hatem Ben Arfa
Vincent Kompany
Daniel Sturridge

David Luiz
Antonio Valencia
Diego Godín
Nacho Monreal
Adrien Rabiot
Juan Mata
Ander Herrera
Arjen Robben
Olivier Giroud
Mario Balotelli
James Milner
Hatem Ben Arfa
Vincent Kompany
Daniel Sturridge

Rabiot aside (not coming here) - no thanks.

Mata is on a free in the summer, he would be a good back up option depending on wages.

In what capacity/position?

He is a player I like a lot, but I just dont see where he adds value for us.

David Luiz
Antonio Valencia
Diego Godín
Nacho Monreal
Adrien Rabiot
Juan Mata
Ander Herrera
Arjen Robben
Olivier Giroud
Mario Balotelli
James Milner
Hatem Ben Arfa
Vincent Kompany
Daniel Sturridge

Saw something the other day saying we would be willing to break the bank on Rabiot, I assume wages obviously. We have a long standing interest so I wouldnt be at all surprised if we had a go.

Saw something the other day saying we would be willing to break the bank on Rabiot, I assume wages obviously. We have a long standing interest so I wouldnt be at all surprised if we had a go.

I think we'd've paid PSG £10m and got him in January if that was realistic. To train with the kids for 6 months, he must have something already agreed elsewhere (Barca)

I think we'd've paid PSG £10m and got him in January if that was realistic. To train with the kids for 6 months, he must have something already agreed elsewhere (Barca)

I had the impression he was looking at what options were available and would take it from there.

And that he was happy to see out his deal. A) its a fudge you to PSG, and B) he gets that £10m you mentioned as well.

My take - we'll most likely go in for him, whether or not we get him depends on who is in the running. Much like Moura.

In what capacity/position?

He is a player I like a lot, but I just dont see where he adds value for us.

Back up for CE is he stays.

Plus can start 2 creators in games against teams that park the bus

Mirror

Pochettino eyes four players this summer
Mauricio Pochettino has set his sights on four potential transfer targets this summer.

Having made no purchases over the past two windows, the Spurs boss is said to be monitoring Diogo Queiros, Jack Grealish and Chelsea target Youcef Atal.

They are also keen on Andre Gomes who - having spent the season on loan at Everton - is valued at £30m by Barcelona.

Latest on James
James Rodriguez won’t be staying at Bayern Munich beyond this season.

The Colombian is set to return to Real Madrid, where he also has no future.

A move to the Premier League has been mooted with Arsenal keen.

I agree with Poch that we need a fair amount of investment this summer. I know some think it foolish to say, but we really could do with making 6-7 signings.

Whilst sorting out the RB spot is key, finding a couple of players who can score goals is top of my list. Kane is the only player we have who will constantly score goals. Son is hot and cold with his goalscoring but that's not a problem. The problem is that this season the goals from midfield have been few and far between. Not having our first choice front 4 together for most matches is a problem, but it can't be the only excuse. I like the links to Ziyech, as he will give us goals, but we probably need 1 more player like that if Eriksen goes.

I agree with Poch that we need a fair amount of investment this summer. I know some think it foolish to say, but we really could do with making 6-7 signings.

Whilst sorting out the RB spot is key, finding a couple of players who can score goals is top of my list. Kane is the only player we have who will constantly score goals. Son is hot and cold with his goalscoring but that's not a problem. The problem is that this season the goals from midfield have been few and far between. Not having our first choice front 4 together for most matches is a problem, but it can't be the only excuse. I like the links to Ziyech, as he will give us goals, but we probably need 1 more player like that if Eriksen goes.

I think 2 are essential (replacing Walker and Wanyama)
1 would be nice to have (succession planning for Rose)
And 3 depend on leavers (replacing any of Llorente, Alder and Eriksen who don't get/sign new contracts)

Zaha the danger man

Cardiff v Crystal Palace (Sat, 17:30 BST)

5755d611-d31a-4669-a1f6-90c54deed26b.jpg

Cardiff City

First up this arvo is Cardiff City's Neil Warnock, with his side hosting Crystal Palace on Saturday.

It's squeeky bum time for fans at the top and bottom of the table, and the Bluebirds will need to win to keep their hopes of staying in the Premier League alive.

And Warnock fears former player Wilfried Zaha could be the reason his team are relegated.

"If we don't win this game against Palace, we can forget it," Warnock said.

Zaha joined Cardiff on loan in January 2014 before returning to Palace the following August when Warnock was the manager at Selhurst Park.

"I know Cardiff were a bit disappointed with him when they had him here, but Manchester United had let him down badly," Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said.

"Wilfried wasn't in a good place when he came back. I met him in the chairman's office and I had half an hour with him.

"It was obvious he felt let down by Manchester United and when I spoke to him I could understand why he felt that.

"He was only a young lad and he needed help - an arm around the shoulder. It didn't appear he got any of that.

"But I thought it was important we re-signed him and he's gone on to do really well. He'll be the best player on the pitch on Saturday.

"Everyone knows that when Wilfried gets the ball, he's dangerous - and he'll probably go on to a top club in the new few years."

I think 2 are essential (replacing Walker and Wanyama)
1 would be nice to have (succession planning for Rose)
And 3 depend on leavers (replacing any of Llorente, Alder and Eriksen who don't get/sign new contracts)

Im more inclined to this sort of number, I dont see us NEEDING 6-7 signings. Only if we end up having to replace key players.

We NEED to clear the deadwood, lets be honest. Vorm, Llorente, Janssen, NKoudou are just clogging things up. One of Trippier/Aurier and Lamela can be sold without us even feeling it.

Personally I think one of or even both Wanyama and Sissoko can go as well.

Get in a quality RB, 2 x CM, and a forward and we would be laughing.

THen obviously should Alderweireld or Eriksen or Rose or someone go we would need to replace.

Back