• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

- I reckon if Sessegnon joins then Rose will be sold. He turn 29 this summer, plus in addition to Davies and Sessegnon we'd have Vertonghen and KWP who can also play there if need be

Why sell Rose just because he is about to turn 29 when he is a vastly superior left back than Davies. Also you suggest Sessegnon as Rose's replacement, are you sure? How many times have you actually seen Sessegnon play as a left back over the past 2 years? Sessegnon has a lot of potential and I hope we sign him but he has played his best football over the past two seasons deployed as an attacking player on the left flank as opposed to a full/wing back. If you actually pay attention you will find his defensive ability is ordinary.

I'm pretty sure the plan would be to use sessegnon on as a 6th AM for a year or two, while developing him into Rose's heir. He's not good enough yet to be a top level LWB

All things considered I think we are a better team when we deploy a back 4 as opposed to a back 3 because we often get out manned in midfield against top teams. i would have him as an attacking midfielder

If/when Bale leaves Real he will have to take a pay cut wherever he goes. He will still be on a good whack and TBH I doubt whether it (wages) will be the deciding factor for him when it comes to deciding where he goes. His age doesn't really fit Poch's normal MO but I think that if it ever gets to the stage where serious discussions between us and RM/Bale are possible (especially if there's a loan option)then I would think that Levy & Poch are both smart enough to see the potential immediate benefits both on and off the pitch.

The 'weird guy' line is just....... weird IMO. Bale is known to be a quiet unassuming guy. Maybe that is a bit unusual for a high level pro footballer these days but it sure as hell doesn't make him weird in my book. FWIW I lived in Cardiff for many years and have met a few people that have known Bale well for a long time and they have all said the same - really nice guy with no 'Billy Big-gonad*s' about him at all.

Plus the guy has a special place for us and he has now got vast experience at winning big trophies.

I would prefer to have players like that over those with a Pogba-style attitude any day of the week.
possible but we need strengthening across a few positions, so still would want to extract fair value out of Bale in the end. I think there are possibilities around sponsorships/shirt sales that Real and sports brand company do so well with Galcticos. I imagine not many wants to wear a Bale shirt given the sentiment, but the UK, London, tourists and all might be a fresh market for the Bale brand. so I think it's possible but only with some unusual funding.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Why sell Rose just because he is about to turn 29 when he is a vastly superior left back than Davies. Also you suggest Sessegnon as Rose's replacement, are you sure? How many times have you actually seen Sessegnon play as a left back over the past 2 years? Sessegnon has a lot of potential and I hope we sign him but he has played his best football over the past two seasons deployed as an attacking player on the left flank as opposed to a full/wing back. If you actually pay attention you will find his defensive ability is ordinary.

On the first point, I wouldnt say Rose is 'vastly superior' to Davies. He's better going forwards, but I'd say that they're somewhat similar defensively. I also think Rose isn't sooo good that it would be impossible to get a new guy in who is on a par with him. In terms of his age - we know the way Spurs do things and age is a big factor in transfer activity. We generally try to sign players young, rarely sign anyone over say 26/27 years old and we've had situations where we look to sell players before their value declines (Dembee, Toby etc). I don't view him as such a vital cog in the wheel that we will decide to hold on to him whilst his value declines to zero in the same way which we probably would do with Vertonghen

On Sessegnon, (I'll avoid responding to the 'pay attention' comment though would say that its the sort of inflamatory comment which just causes threads to degenerate on here) and just that anyone looking at him today would be guessing what position he'll end up playing longer term given he's so young and raw now. My view is that he doesn't have the creative skills of a top class attacking player so he'll end up making a similar change to Rose. Might of course be wrong, but he has enough raw ability that I think we shoud sign him almost regardless as he'll end up as a top player in one position or other

On the first point, I wouldnt say Rose is 'vastly superior' to Davies. He's better going forwards, but I'd say that they're somewhat similar defensively. I also think Rose isn't sooo good that it would be impossible to get a new guy in who is on a par with him. In terms of his age - we know the way Spurs do things and age is a big factor in transfer activity. We generally try to sign players young, rarely sign anyone over say 26/27 years old and we've had situations where we look to sell players before their value declines (Dembee, Toby etc). I don't view him as such a vital cog in the wheel that we will decide to hold on to him whilst his value declines to zero in the same way which we probably would do with Vertonghen

On Sessegnon, (I'll avoid responding to the 'pay attention' comment though would say that its the sort of inflamatory comment which just causes threads to degenerate on here) and just that anyone looking at him today would be guessing what position he'll end up playing longer term given he's so young and raw now. My view is that he doesn't have the creative skills of a top class attacking player so he'll end up making a similar change to Rose. Might of course be wrong, but he has enough raw ability that I think we shoud sign him almost regardless as he'll end up as a top player in one position or other

Rose isn't even better going forwards. He charges around a lot, but accomplishes very little. Davies doesn't take up equally advanced positions, but he contributes just as much.

Absent age, I would agree with you re Rose. However he's at the point where if we keep him for another year value will start to decline, so its becoming a consideration, particularly if there was an offer for him at a decent price. Personally I think Sessegnon will be a LB or LWB, but question is how quickly he becomes that
I think we Rose it's the opposite, we are likely to keep him because has ability but has the soul of the club - he has been here so long he understands it all.
Poch likes that kind of element In the team. (By team I mean the whole club)

We used to have the best full-backs in the League, now we're way behind the likes of Everton and Leicester in that department...

Do like Ricardo Pereira and Lucas Digne...Both look pretty able as wing-backs...

I'm expecting Toby to go for his £25m buyout clause. Eriksen is a different question as it would appear that Barca don't need him nor is he a priority for Real. However as someone else said there are rebuilding projects going on at Man UTD and Bayern. Eriksen has been linked with both and both would cough up what he is worth. If not and he renews with us then that's -1 from my total. Trippier has also been linked with UTD, but may stay also however I'm certain we would shift Aurier instead.

Time will tell, I would only say that people posts like this every single summer "expecting" a dozen moves and it virtually never happens.

I can't see Sissoko being sold after the season he has just had. Nor should he be really considering how he has turned his Spurs career around in the fashion he has. It is nothing short of incredible imho.
We can argue over what he brings to the team or his deficiencies but one thing you have to admire is his strength of character. And Poch sees that too.

I admire his strength of character immensely. Not sure Ive ever seen a footballer dig themselves out of such a hole like he has, its remarkable.

Heres the thing, Poch is as much about the human as the player, isnt he?

If I am correct and Sissoko does not in fact represent the future of the team, the guys going to be going on 30 sitting on the bench and rotting. Coming out every now and then when we need to close a game out or its the early FA cup rounds or something.

Do you think Poch would do that to him? After the rise he has just had? It would really put him back wouldnt it?

Equally, on the business side - Sissoko might never be worth as much as he is right now. He could be in line for a decent transfer, good contract for him and good fee for us to go toward moulding the team as required.

Spurs have joined Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich in the race to sign Ajax and Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 22. (Mail on Sunday)

Aston Villa and England U21 midfielder Jack Grealish has a £60m buy-out clause in his contract. (Sunday Mirror)

Grealish, 23, has hinted he may seek a move if Aston Villa are not promoted to the Premier League this season. (Mail on Sunday, via Birmingham Mail)

We used to have the best full-backs in the League, now we're way behind the likes of Everton and Leicester in that department...

Do like Ricardo Pereira and Lucas Digne...Both look pretty able as wing-backs...

The Leicester left back is decent too

I agree about the sentiment though. New RB needed and Sessegnon, who I think will be a LB long-term though accept that there are differing opinions on that

Im yet to see what the fuss is about with Chilwell at all to be honest. Distinctly "meh" every time Ive watched him/them.

The only time I watched Leicester for 90 minutes I did so to look at him, he gave away a goal and let the attacker get the wrong side of him a few times. Put some nice crosses in though.

As for Dembele the French one, he has a dodgy heart and I was told he would fail a proper medical.

If we get Ndombele I will be amazed and so happy.

I've never seen N'Dombele play, but I'm buying all the hype, so I reckon it'd be an amazing signing if we got him (cue another Capoue-signing).

Back