• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Gomes is looking a lot more of a potential signing for us now than he was earlier in the season. Earlier in the season the game seemed to pass him by and he seemed unable to read the game with his positional sense not being at a good level. I suspect his improvement has come from his adaptation to the league, and his new team. I’d now think he was a good signing were we to bring him in and the talked about price of £30m seems fair.

I don’t think he’s crap. I think he’s good and young and that he will only get better especially if managed by someone like Pochettino.

He's a typical Brazilian youngster, thinks he’s too good for whatever team he currently playing for and they only wants to play for the top doped teams.

But I bet he’s a rich-charlatan

2013DD_TimBurgess-17220713-1.jpg

they bought him in the Championship, he was great and good in the PL - they will get their money back on him I reckon. The other players they will have to take a haircut.

Poch used to like a nutter I think Osvaldo has cured him of full blown crazy. (3 PL in 13 games, similar goal scoring record to Mitrovic).

Granted he's a risk but then any understudy to Kane will be .. If we're to be serious contenders then I think we need a tried and tested, and also a youngster added to the squad in this role as second forward.

I watched quite a few games of Fulham's promotion season and I often thought of them as the nearest to our style of play... Mitrovic joined them mid season and slid comfortably into their style of play and I think he'd do the same for us.

We have to also remember that he'd moved from a struggling Saudi Sportswashing Machine team that was often playing on the counter attack and, despite his frustrations getting the better of him, he was often their best player with his lone forward hold up play. He demonstrated his lone forward skills again this season albeit for a very poor Fulham team who were one of the most error prone PL teams ever, it has to be said.

I think he'd do well with us if he's ambitious to be part of something special. Should he prefer Chadwell Heath and the London Stadium rather than Hotspur Way and our new WHL with hopefully CL football thrown in, then that's fair enough and we're better off without.

No. CAM. Was then asked to play DM at Barca, and never got a chance to use his strengths there. He's very capable as a CM/CAM.

Okay cheers ...I always thought that he were a winger. Perhaps I'm thinking of another Gomes or maybe a Gomez , not sure now :confused:

Granted he's a risk but then any understudy to Kane will be .. If we're to be serious contenders then I think we need a tried and tested, and also a youngster added to the squad in this role as second forward.

I watched quite a few games of Fulham's promotion season and I often thought of them as the nearest to our style of play... Mitrovic joined them mid season and slid comfortably into their style of play and I think he'd do the same for us.

We have to also remember that he'd moved from a struggling Saudi Sportswashing Machine team that was often playing on the counter attack and, despite his frustrations getting the better of him, he was often their best player with his lone forward hold up play. He demonstrated his lone forward skills again this season albeit for a very poor Fulham team who were one of the most error prone PL teams ever, it has to be said.

I think he'd do well with us if he's ambitious to be part of something special. Should he prefer Chadwell Heath and the London Stadium rather than Hotspur Way and our new WHL with hopefully CL football thrown in, then that's fair enough and we're better off without.
I like him, however one of our strengths are the togetherness in the dressing room, I would worry he would be detrimental - he seems the character who has to be #1 to me.

I like him, however one of our strengths are the togetherness in the dressing room, I would worry he would be detrimental - he seems the character who has to be #1 to me.

I do understand your concerns about him, all fair.

I still like the look of Isaac Success at Watford for the Llorente replacement role
I tend to look at other teams forums when I like the look of a player as MOTD highlights or a few games do not tell a story (some of the other fans views of our players amazes me) - Watford fans think he is dogturd, I would go with their view.

Agreed with most of this, Mitrovic is a quality player who put up big numbers with Fulham. However, I think he's going to end up being very expensive, and I don't think it makes sense to splash out and use a non-HG spot on a back-up to Kane, when we still have Son who can play in that role. Could see him going to a team like Everton and banging in a brickton of goals.

Back