• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I tend to look at other teams forums when I like the look of a player as MOTD highlights or a few games do not tell a story (some of the other fans views of our players amazes me) - Watford fans think he is dogturd, I would go with their view.

I mainly remember him looking about the most dangerous forward we've played against this season. He looked strong, quick and skilful, and tied Adler and Sanchez up in all kinds of trouble

Agreed with most of this, Mitrovic is a quality player who put up big numbers with Fulham. However, I think he's going to end up being very expensive, and I don't think it makes sense to splash out and use a non-HG spot on a back-up to Kane, when we still have Son who can play in that role. Could see him going to a team like Everton and banging in a brickton of goals.
not sure he is a fit for Everton, Tosun seems similar? Westham will try I think.

Agreed with most of this, Mitrovic is a quality player who put up big numbers with Fulham. However, I think he's going to end up being very expensive, and I don't think it makes sense to splash out and use a non-HG spot on a back-up to Kane, when we still have Son who can play in that role. Could see him going to a team like Everton and banging in a brickton of goals.

I agree with what you say regarding Sonny ....I just feel that both Sonny and Kane put in more than enough high energy minutes on the pitch and that quiet often, the quality of their performances drop due to tiredness......

Llorente seems like a nice guy and perhaps to easy going, how could he possibly not be with a name like Fernando LLorente? But, I feel him being a nice chap has made Poch's job of omiting him, far to easy.

I think we need a bit of a bastard who will, with his performances and character make Poch think, he's got to play him more often.

If we're to be serious about contesting the prizes then we need an improved squad, with some of our ever present players to be playing less but playing better, which I'm sure they will be when properly rested.

I agree with what you say regarding Sonny ....I just feel that both Sonny and Kane put in more than enough high energy minutes on the pitch and that quiet often, the quality of their performances drop due to tiredness......

Llorente seems like a nice guy and perhaps to easy going, how could he possibly not be with a name like Fernando LLorente? But, I feel him being a nice chap has made Poch's job of omiting him, far to easy.

I think we need a bit of a bastard who will, with his performances and character make Poch think, he's got to play him more often.

If we're to be serious about contesting the prizes then we need an improved squad, with some of our ever present players to be playing less but playing better, which I'm sure they will be when properly rested.

Again, agree w/ basically all of it, except the part where we pay around 40 mil (that's what I expect him to cost) for someone who isn't in a prime position of need. I think he'd be a great squad addition and can do everything a modern striker should, but I'd rather us spend big money to fortify our CM and FBs. On the other hand, Kane has played in a bit of a withdrawn role this season at times, so maybe he could fit in w/ Mitro? I think he could be a good signing, as long as it doesn't stop us spending money to upgrade our CM and fullbacks.

Again, agree w/ basically all of it, except the part where we pay around 40 mil (that's what I expect him to cost) for someone who isn't in a prime position of need. I think he'd be a great squad addition and can do everything a modern striker should, but I'd rather us spend big money to fortify our CM and FBs. On the other hand, Kane has played in a bit of a withdrawn role this season at times, so maybe he could fit in w/ Mitro? I think he could be a good signing, as long as it doesn't stop us spending money to upgrade our CM and fullbacks.
Not been very impressed with his work rate, not convinced he'd fit our pressing style.

Could play with Kane, but only up front. That means no Alli as a number 10, and less tactical flexibility.

I don't know who the right striker signing is, but I'm not convinced by Mitrovic.

Liverpool have only dropped in 2 players form their recent signing who start every game Van Dijk and the keeper... 2 massive holes in their team addressed

We need to do something similar in addressing our weaknesses and live first team players to squad roles if possible

Bear in mind we'd be off loading LLorente and hopefully Nkodou, then I'd go £25m max for him ....Do you have anyone else in mind?

Also agree with you that our full-back positions need upgrading and if we can find a CM with a decent long range shot on him that would be good..

Not been very impressed with his work rate, not convinced he'd fit our pressing style.

Could play with Kane, but only up front. That means no Alli as a number 10, and less tactical flexibility.

I don't know who the right striker signing is, but I'm not convinced by Mitrovic.

I like him
And we have not pressed much at all this season
He is a Nusiance forward in a manner that disrupts the opposition as much as helps his team

Liverpool have only dropped in 2 players form their recent signing who start every game Van Dijk and the keeper... 2 massive holes in their team addressed

We need to do something similar in addressing our weaknesses and live first team players to squad roles if possible

They have done well with those two, both very necessary but we shouldn't forget that they also invested heavily in Fabinho and Keita..

They have done well with those two, both very necessary but we shouldn't forget that they also invested heavily in Fabinho and Keita..
Very important point. Both Fabinho and Keita might end up as very good signings. But even when spending a lot of money instant success isn't guaranteed. And even managers that get a lot of credit for making the right signings make signings that don't work out for significant money.

Bear in mind we'd be off loading LLorente and hopefully Nkodou, then I'd go £25m max for him ....Do you have anyone else in mind?

Also agree with you that our full-back positions need upgrading and if we can find a CM with a decent long range shot on him that would be good..

I know there's the wages, but don't forget Llorente is out of contract, so we'll get no fee for him

Very important point. Both Fabinho and Keita might end up as very good signings. But even when spending a lot of money instant success isn't guaranteed. And even managers that get a lot of credit for making the right signings make signings that don't work out for significant money.

Fabinho has been good in midfield although I think they bought him in as right-back. The Arnold youngster has done exceptionally well so that's all come good for Klopp...

Not so sure about Keita, could do better next season, will have to do better next season or Klopp will get rid...I think they're looking to improve their midfield with flair, Dybala maybe...

I still like the look of Isaac Success at Watford for the Llorente replacement role
I'm not sure I have ever seen a PL player with a worse first touch. I always thought his surname should be Hunt instead of Success.

IMO. If we have any money to spend then the player we should be going after is Maxi Gomez from Celta Vigo (£40 million release, dropping to £22 million if they are relegated, with them currently 2 points above the relegation spots with 7 to play). If we don't have money to spend or don't feel that a backup CF is much of a priority then I would be quite happy to see us go and get Che Adams from Birmingham.

I think Mitrovic would be a terrible fit for us. He looks to be a player who plays almost no part in build up play, just looking to get himself in the box to get on the end of crosses, like an even lower budget version of Llorente (who we already fail to play to the strengths of).

Granted he's a risk but then any understudy to Kane will be .. If we're to be serious contenders then I think we need a tried and tested, and also a youngster added to the squad in this role as second forward.

I watched quite a few games of Fulham's promotion season and I often thought of them as the nearest to our style of play... Mitrovic joined them mid season and slid comfortably into their style of play and I think he'd do the same for us.

We have to also remember that he'd moved from a struggling Saudi Sportswashing Machine team that was often playing on the counter attack and, despite his frustrations getting the better of him, he was often their best player with his lone forward hold up play. He demonstrated his lone forward skills again this season albeit for a very poor Fulham team who were one of the most error prone PL teams ever, it has to be said.

I think he'd do well with us if he's ambitious to be part of something special. Should he prefer Chadwell Heath and the London Stadium rather than Hotspur Way and our new WHL with hopefully CL football thrown in, then that's fair enough and we're better off without.

He is an absolute clam. No thanks.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back