• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

This is exactly why I have issue with playing our full backs as wing backs. Watch Trips and Serge and you can tell they are basically full backs. Doherty attacks the box much more aggressively imo.
I’d be playing Sissoko RWB if we had any fit CM’s, hopefully it’s something we do when Dier and Winks are back.

He would do a job defensively but wouldnt offer brick going forward, I dont understand the preoccupation with putting him out there.

Better than in CM I suppose though.

He would do a job defensively but wouldnt offer brick going forward, I dont understand the preoccupation with putting him out there.

Better than in CM I suppose though.
- He played a couple of games there at the back end of the season a couple of years ago and was very good.

- Doing a job defensively is a step up from the other two candidates.

- As Benny Lad says, Tripps and Aurier just don’t attack the box, maybe it’s what they are told to do, but their positioning is very different to Doherty’s. I think you get a player in Sissoko willing to do this.

- I am under absolutely no illusion that Sissoko is a gifted football player, but he does have a particular set of skills, acquired over a long career, Skills that can make him a nightmare for people like opposition full backs!

The problem with Sissoko going forward in that position is that there is no intelligence or guile, hes a blunt force instrument that will work/not work purely by chance.

I just dont see it. But at this point we could try, its not like things will be any worse.

The problem with Sissoko going forward in that position is that there is no intelligence or guile, hes a blunt force instrument that will work/not work purely by chance.

I just dont see it. But at this point we could try, its not like things will be any worse.

In with the others that we have such an issue there with Trippier that we have nothing to lose

- He played a couple of games there at the back end of the season a couple of years ago and was very good.

- Doing a job defensively is a step up from the other two candidates.

- As Benny Lad says, Tripps and Aurier just don’t attack the box, maybe it’s what they are told to do, but their positioning is very different to Doherty’s. I think you get a player in Sissoko willing to do this.

- I am under absolutely no illusion that Sissoko is a gifted football player, but he does have a particular set of skills, acquired over a long career, Skills that can make him a nightmare for people like opposition full backs!
I remember away to Soton last season he did it and looked ok there, and that was when he didnt have the confidence he does now. With his ability to get up and down the flank, you'd imagine he'd be able to wear the opposing full back down with his energy - I can only think of Walker who could compete with him in that area. And if he could do a few more moves like he did for Lamela away at West Ham out on the right, we could be in business....

I remember away to Soton last season he did it and looked ok there, and that was when he didnt have the confidence he does now. With his ability to get up and down the flank, you'd imagine he'd be able to wear the opposing full back down with his energy - I can only think of Walker who could compete with him in that area. And if he could do a few more moves like he did for Lamela away at West Ham out on the right, we could be in business....
He needs time to assess and measure his crosses, I just don't see him getting it as a fb/wb.

Bayer Leverkusen have the young players who suit us IMO

Was just going to say that.

Tah is a pacey ball playing defender if Toby leaves.

Havertz a play maker if Eriksen leaves.

Brandt the perfect attacking player with goals.

Bailey pacey outside forward.

Hell if Poch goes to Madrid I would even nab their manager. Eddie Howe being to naive for me.

Was just going to say that.

Tah is a pacey ball playing defender if Toby leaves.

Havertz a play maker if Eriksen leaves.

Brandt the perfect attacking player with goals.

Bailey pacey outside forward.

Hell if Poch goes to Madrid I would even nab their manager. Eddie Howe being to naive for me.

He is the coach who had Dortmund last year so not sure he could handle a club like ours

And I still think that Madrid will look at a certain dingdong Emery as their next manager. He has a great rep in Spain and IMO would be much easier for Madrid to get

Put it in the match thread and he's too old, but we could do a lot worse than Dušan Tadić. Might be golden for a couple of years.

One good game mate. He mostly flopped at Southampton, very inconsistent.

I get that. And he is 30. But as cover for Eriksen he'd be relatively cheap, and could be one under the radar. Some players are late bloomers. Was also responding to Bullet who wanted us to get a more experienced player. It could help steady us at times.

Back