• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

The as perfect as it could be window would be at this point

Eriksen - 70mil
Trippier - 30mil
Rose - 25mil
Nkoudou - 7mil
Jansen - 10mil
Wanyama - 10mil
LLorente - Released
Vorm - Released

KWP - Loan Prem

152mil

Ndombele - 60mil
Sessengnon - 25mil
Lo Celso - 50mil (although not seen him play enough to comment really)
Van De Beek / Ceballos 50mil
Semedo - 35mil

220mil

Although that is such a ridiculous amount of business to get done, i cant see it, although if toby doesnt move really think we should replace both full-backs as otherwise 2yrs we will need 4 new players and poss a goalie at same time

...................Lloris/Gazza/Whiteman
Semedo/Aurier.....Foyth/Toby........Jan/Sanchez........Sessengnon/Davies
.................Winks/Dier..........Ndombele/Sissoko...
.....Van De Beek/Son......Lo Celso/Lamela.......Dele/Moura
...............................Kane.......

Also means we are very flexible in tactics, have dropped age, but are light in the squad

Skipp?
Roles?
Edwards?
Basically untested Kids

Eriksen - 70mil
Trippier - 30mil
Rose - 25mil
Nkoudou - 7mil
Jansen - 10mil
Wanyama - 10mil
LLorente - Released
Vorm - Released

KWP - Loan Prem

152mil

Ndombele - 60mil
Sessengnon - 25mil
Semedo - 35mil

220mil

Although that is such a ridiculous amount of business to get done, i cant see it, although if toby doesnt move really think we should replace both full-backs as otherwise 2yrs we will need 4 new players and poss a goalie at same time

Also means we are very flexible in tactics, have dropped age, but are light in the squad

Skipp?
Roles?
Edwards?
Basically untested Kids
Why would we want to sell Rose? And at a lower price than Trippier, on top of that?

Eriksen - 70mil
Trippier - 30mil
Rose - 25mil
Nkoudou - 7mil
Jansen - 10mil
Wanyama - 10mil
LLorente - Released
Vorm - Released

KWP - Loan Prem

152mil

Ndombele - 60mil
Sessengnon - 25mil
Semedo - 35mil

220mil

Skipp?
Roles?
Edwards?
Basically untested Kids
No way selling Rose would be a perfect window.

What sort of player is Ceballos then? His radar looked pretty impressive on the other page, especially in the areas you'd expect Poch to utilize off the ball

Eriksen - 70mil
Trippier - 30mil
Rose - 25mil
Nkoudou - 7mil
Jansen - 10mil
Wanyama - 10mil
LLorente - Released
Vorm - Released

KWP - Loan Prem

152mil

Ndombele - 60mil
Sessengnon - 25mil
Semedo - 35mil

220mil

Skipp?
Roles?
Edwards?
Basically untested Kids

I think thats broadly right, though I doubt we'll get those prices for Janssen and GKN, but might get 5-10 more for Eriksen.

We also need another CF option really though given Llorente looks like leaving. Therefore I could see that rather than the Van de Beek/Ceballos signing in your above scenario, we instead sign a CF or someone who can play as a CF.

Other than that I agree

Eriksen - 70mil
Trippier - 30mil
Rose - 25mil
Nkoudou - 7mil
Jansen - 10mil
Wanyama - 10mil
LLorente - Released
Vorm - Released

KWP - Loan Prem

152mil

Ndombele - 60mil
Sessengnon - 25mil
Semedo - 35mil

220mil

Skipp?
Roles?
Edwards?
Basically untested Kids

Llorente and Vorm are already gone, so no business necessary there. There are 12 deals in your scenario that need to get done, 1 of which already has been (NDombele). It's feasible.

I wouldn't sell Rose, though. HG and CG - definitely worth keeping for one more season, and would be our first-choice LB if he can keep fit.

I would sell KWP - I think we're holding him back at this point, and we can probably pick up a fair price for him (15m or so) in this market.

Could even do a swap deal with Norwich for Max Aarons, if KWP is open to moving. I'd also shift Toby - can't let players run their contracts down, out of principle.

Other than that, Semedo is a Jorge Mendes client, and looks set to go to Atletico. Unlikely to happen.

The others are all good, but having already bought NDombele and Lo Celso in your scenario, I doubt Van De Beek or Ceballos will want to come. Logically, there are four spaces for midfielders in our 4-2-3-1 - the two central midfield spots and two of the three attacking midfield spots (the other going to Son or Lucas). Out of those four spots, one is for a defensive midfielder (Sissoko/Dier). That leaves three spots.

And if we buy the players on your list, we'll have NDombele, Winks, Lo Celso, Alli, Van De Beek and Lamela - six first-team players for three spots. I think that's one too many, and at least two will have to be youngsters or someone happy to ride the bench - which Van De Beek/Ceballos won't be.

From an article on NBA's free agent day:

Thus far, the Premier League transfer window could charitably be described as underwhelming. When Tottenham Hotspur are the big spenders then you know it has been quiet.

The type of box office appeal normally associated with a Guy Ritchie film has not stopped Sky Sports News scheduling three (three!) separate daily shows dedicated to discussing all the transfers their Sky sources have uncovered by reading that day’s newspapers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/basketb...nsfer-window-trade-dwarfed-nbas-mad-23bn/amp/

Llorente and Vorm are already gone, so no business necessary there. There are 12 deals in your scenario that need to get done, 1 of which already has been (NDombele). It's feasible.

I wouldn't sell Rose, though. HG and CG - definitely worth keeping for one more season, and would be our first-choice LB if he can keep fit.

I would sell KWP - I think we're holding him back at this point, and we can probably pick up a fair price for him (15m or so) in this market.

Could even do a swap deal with Norwich for Max Aarons, if KWP is open to moving. I'd also shift Toby - can't let players run their contracts down, out of principle.

Other than that, Semedo is a Jorge Mendes client, and looks set to go to Atletico. Unlikely to happen.

The others are all good, but having already bought NDombele and Lo Celso in your scenario, I doubt Van De Beek or Ceballos will want to come. Logically, there are four spaces for midfielders in our 4-2-3-1 - the two central midfield spots and two of the three attacking midfield spots (the other going to Son or Lucas). Out of those four spots, one is for a defensive midfielder (Sissoko/Dier). That leaves three spots.

And if we buy the players on your list, we'll have NDombele, Winks, Lo Celso, Alli, Van De Beek and Lamela - six first-team players for three spots. I think that's one too many, and at least two will have to be youngsters or someone happy to ride the bench - which Van De Beek/Ceballos won't be.

Personally i wouldnt want to sell Rose, but i can see a logic, that in the next 12-24 months we need to replace the entire back 4 - Poss back 5
If Toby and Jan remain this year then it may give us time to get FB's settled before the CB transition.
Next summer we could lose Rose (Injury, Age) Toby, Jan end of contract (age also a factor) We then would have to replace all 3 at once.

Agree on Semedo that was more because i couldnt think of a viable RB i want at the moment

I think Winks will start at the Base with Ndombele as a Partner or Part of a 3 with SIssoko or Another on Other side, so i think we do have a single spot for a Van De Beek/Ceballos type in the starting 11, but it would take some convincing to anybody that yes we have 7 into 6 positions in that scenario, but all are unlikely to be fit at the same time.

Ultimately its very difficult to tell, what formation Poch wants to play and if he wants the days of Rose and Walker back, Apart from the Base (Dier/Winks/Wanyama) he seems to want flexibility in the remaining players who can fit in anywhere

6 or 7 new players, getting rid of about the same, can't see any problems with that and integrating them into the team ready to challenge for next season.

The arrivals are set to kick off a hectic summer of ins and outs at Spurs. They remain interested in Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso and Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon, who they value at £25m. A deal including Sessegnon’s twin brother Steven has been discussed while Norwich’s Max Aarons is being eyed as a replacement for Kieran Trippier.

Spain Under 21 midfielder Dani Ceballos is seen as a possible makeweight should Real Madrid bid for Christian Eriksen.

Spurs hope to increase their spending power by off-loading players. Victor Wanyama and Eric Dier are among those for whom they are open to offers, while defender Toby Alderweireld is available for £25m and interests Roma.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ye-deals-Giovani-Lo-Celso-Ryan-Sessegnon.html

Can we sell any of our dead wood?

Looks like we've been very keen to punt Trippier on, will anyone make a bid? He's a decent player for a mid-table side. Can anyone in football remember Wanyama? Not sure we'll be able t shift him and he maybe a better squad player for us, until he gets some recognition again. I hope we keep Rose. Would be a loss to lose him, even though the club have him for sale at the right price.

While it would be amazing to sign another attacking player and another midfielder, I'd be ecstatic if we just sold Trips, brought in one other player, and extended Eriksen's contract.

Back