• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Mental

Joao Felix: Atletico Madrid sign forward from Benfica for £113m

Insane. Literally never heard of the player before a couple of months back. Thats crazy money.

Absolutely nuts! Has he done anything to justify that price tag???

They have the Griezzman cash and now that for Rodri (see below) but still....seems way over the top

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48859841

Never heard of him

I've just read it's €30m initially. The rest of the seemingly crazy fee is in possible future addons. As he's only 19 it makes a bit more sense.

Calm down people.

Do they just repeat the same quotes with every player linked with a move at Madrid?

Madrid have a load of crap squad fillers they need to dispose of. There is going to be a big fire sale there late in the window. I'm not sure any of them are players we should be bothered by though (except maybe Isco).

Madrid have a load of crap squad fillers they need to dispose of. There is going to be a big fire sale there late in the window. I'm not sure any of them are players we should be bothered by though (except maybe Isco).

Ceballos has really grown on me, I have to say.

Though my point was more the "Real Madrid are open to selling X but X has said they would prefer to stay at the Bernabeu" line

Its literally a copy and paste and change the name thing...

Crystal Palace to bid £10million for Norwich's Aarons
Crystal Palace will make a £10m bid for Norwich right back Max Aarons.

They are targeting the Norwich teenager as a replacement for Aaron Wan-Bissaka who left Palace for Manchester United in a £50m switch..

Palace will make the bid for Aarons in the next 24 hours as they try to steal a march on Tottenham who are also admirers of the England prospect.

Aarons, 19, was outstanding in Norwich’s promotion push and return to the Premier League this season and is already being earmarked as an England star of the future.

But Norwich are determined to keep Aarons and may also feel the opening bid of £10m is too low and will not be entertained.

Palace have rejected Arsenal’s £40m approach for Wilfried Zaha, insisting the money is not enough and are clearly determined to improve their squad after losing Wan-Bissaka.

Second source insists Tottenham ‘best placed’ for signing, player ‘express request’ of Pochettino
By Naveen Ullal -

4th July 2019

On Wednesday, Marca reported that a good relationship between Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid has made the former the ‘best option’ for Dani Ceballos.

Another Spanish newspaper AS now claims Spurs and AC Milan have taken the lead to sign the Euro U21 winner, but it’s the north London club who are ‘best placed’ to acquire his services.

Their initial idea was to sign him on a permanent transfer and Los Blancos didn’t close the door, as long as they received €50m.

However, the 22-year-old only wants a season-long loan deal and his employer wants to respect his decision. Spurs have also accepted this condition.

Ceballos is an ‘express request’ of Mauricio Pochettino and the manager has already made clear his intention to make him a key part of his new project.

The Spaniard already has a sporting project and an economic offer and is ‘very attracted’ to the option of playing for Tottenham as they will compete at the highest level of the Premier League and Champions League.

AS further explains the English club view Ceballos’ transfer with good eyes, even more so if Christian Eriksen leaves the club this summer.

Ceballos is currently on holiday and wants his future resolved before he returns to training on July 22nd.

Seen talk of a loan with option to buy as well, Id be up for that. Would push the fee for him back to next year meaning we have more lee-way this year, and means we only take him permanently if he is good enough.

Also gives Poch a year to make him fall in love with the place and want to stay...

Tierney Off?

Left-back Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo has completed his move to Celtic from Rapid Vienna, saying he only learned of the Scottish champions' interest last week.

The 24-year-old has signed a four-year contract after the clubs agreed a reported £3m transfer fee.

Belgian Bolingoli-Mbombo stressed that he views himself as "a left full-back" - a position currently occupied by Kieran Tierney.

The 21-year-old Scotland cap has been the subject of a bid from Arsenal.

However, in announcing the signing of Bolingoli-Mbombo, Celtic stressed that he "can play in a variety of left-sided roles", while manager Neil Lennon previously said he "gives us competition at left-back".

Bolingoli-Mbombo - a cousin of Belgium internationals Romelu and Jordan Lukaku - hopes the move to Glasgow will boost his chances of earning a first cap for his country.

"My little brother is also playing in Belgium, it is in our family's blood, and hopefully one day we'll be playing together in the national team of Belgium," he said.

Bolingoli-Mbombo played his first match for Rapid in a friendly against Celtic two years ago on his birthday - and his move comes two days after he turned 24.

"It is a little late but a nice birthday present," he said. "I heard about it first last week when they had contact with my agent and directly I said yes - you can't say no to a club like Celtic.

"It is a great opportunity for me to make the next step in my career."

Bolingoli-Mbombo, who joined Rapid from Club Brugge, played 32 times last term for the side who finished seventh in the Austrian Bundesliga, including twice against Rangers in the Europa League.

Now the player described by Lennon as "strong, athletic and good on the ball" hopes to prevent the Ibrox side denying Celtic a ninth title in a row after swapping one green and white strip for another.

"Hopefully we can win some more titles because I know this club want to break some records," he added.

Arsenal offered Barcelona star Malcom as transfer alternative to Wilfried Zaha
Zaha is Unai Emery's No.1 attacking target, but Crystal Palace want in excess of £80million - far too much for the Gunners

Arsenal have been offered Barcelona's Malcom - but are unwilling to move as they focus on Wilfried Zaha.

Brazilian Malcom only moved to Spain last summer, having been linked with switches from Bordeaux to both the Gunners and north London rivals Tottenham .

The winger has looked set to join Roma and travelled to the Italian capital to put the final touches on a switch to the Stadio Olimpico - only to pull out at the last moment when a surprise big-money offer from Catalunya arrived.

However, following his shock £37million move he struggled to nail down a starting spot at Camp Nou - making just six league starts last term.

Now the 22-year-old is being offered around by the Spanish champions as they look to raise funds for both Neymar and Antoine Griezmann.

Reports in Spain claim that the Gunners have made an offer to take Malcom on loan for the season, with an option to purchase permanently next summer.

But, Mirror Sport understands that it is Barcelona who made the initial move, contacting Arsenal to see if they would be interested in a deal.

However, they are currently unwilling to move as they look to prise Zaha from Crystal Palace .

Gunners chiefs are keen to land the Ivory Coast star and made a first approach of £40million - while Zaha's brother publicly declared that he wants to move to the Emirates.

However, both actions have stiffened Palace's resolve to keep their main man, with club chiefs furious because they believe Arsenal have deliberately set out to unsettle Zaha and try to get him to force through a move.

Palace are under no pressure to sell Zaha and value him in excess of £80million, while Manchester Unitedwill be due 25 per cent of any profit from the £6million deal which took him back to Selhurst Park in 2015.

But, at present, he remains Arsenal's No.1 attacking target.

The Gunners are also facing a battle to land Celtic's Kieran Tierney, with Napoli having made a better offer to the Scottish champions.

Id be quite happy if Arsenal blew their budget on Zaha, its basically minimal improvement on a very strong front line while neglecting the rest of the team which is very poor.

I've just read it's €30m initially. The rest of the seemingly crazy fee is in possible future addons. As he's only 19 it makes a bit more sense.

Calm down people.
think you may have misread they will be paying the other 96 million Euro in installments (that's why they paid more than the release fee) not on possible addons. They are also paying Jorge Mendes 12M fee.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/07/03/5d1d1645268e3e01178b4635.html

Back