• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

There's no chance of it happening, as his agent is Jorge Mendes.

So he'd come with conditions like, if he does well, we have to let him leave cheap whenever Mendes decrees. And we'd also need to take two more 'favour' players like Gedson on significant wages.

Mendes is a devil its just never worth dancing with
He is being employed to fix the deal apparently
And we have never sold his players cheap have we???

He is being employed to fix the deal apparently
And we have never sold his players cheap have we???

No, he's an old school mafia don who you have to pay debts to.

I think we actually gave Doherty and Gedson away, and had to pay Mourinho lots to disappear. So our dealing with him have been a bit detrimental to date, but nothing like his bigger victims.

No, he's an old school mafia don who you have to pay debts to.

I think we actually gave Doherty and Gedson away, and had to pay Mourinho lots to disappear. So our dealing with him have been a bit detrimental to date, but nothing like his bigger victims.
In your opinion

A year ago everyone was bemoning the right back position and how we HAD to upgrade Royal. By the time the window came around, the truth was CB was a more pressing issue than RB. Porro's Spurs career probably saved by Postecoglou who he is made for. There was one continuity from Conte to Ange, fullbacks who attack.

This year, since the summer window closed, the narrative has been about CBs. When in truth we are probably more in need of goal scorers. With Royal, Davies, Dier and Phillips we have deccent options at CB.

Of course it would be nice to add a CB, but it isn't top of the priority list for me. Though it is likely easier to sign a CB now, than a goal scorer.

Last edited:
A year ago everyone but everyone was bemoning the the right back position and how we HAD to upgrade Royal. By the time the window came around, the truth was CB was a more pressing issue than RB. Porro's Spurs career probably saved by Postecoglou who he is made for. There was one continuity from Conte to Ange, fullbacks who attack.

This year, since the summer window closed, the narrative has been about CBs. When in truth we are probably more in need of goal scorers. With Royal, Davies, Dier and Phillips we have deccent options.

Of course it would be nice to add a CB, but it isn't top of the priority list for me. Though it is likely easier to sign a CB now, than a goal scorer.
I think your wrong
We really don’t have the right options at full back
The agents we talk about suffering in we struggled with the full backs getting into the game
The cover in their positions is a significant drop in quality despite the best efforts of players like royal
Goal scoring is something we have been good at, but we know from what we see with the “eye test” we could be even better at. But that comes from chance creation as well as finishing
And a key part of the creation is…. The inverted full backs
We gave scored as many goals as Arsenal and they are top

I think your wrong
We really don’t have the right options at full back
The agents we talk about suffering in we struggled with the full backs getting into the game
The cover in their positions is a significant drop in quality despite the best efforts of players like royal
Goal scoring is something we have been good at, but we know from what we see with the “eye test” we could be even better at. But that comes from chance creation as well as finishing
And a key part of the creation is…. The inverted full backs
We gave scored as many goals as Arsenal and they are top

So you agree that CBs are not necessarily the priority right now. Fullbacks are supposed to be goal scorers in Postecoglous setup.

Back