• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

You're all still talking about her a$$, right? 'cause that's all I'm getting from this.

Well, it's certainly a talking point. Or do you not watch women's football.

What do you think women who watch men's football are thinking about when they talk football: Tight formation? Solid backline? Great hands and reach on that 'keeper? Nice finishing touch?

If my sisters-in-law are anything to go by, indeed they do.

I think a bissouma alternative who can pass may be easier to get and potentially more beneficial. Certainly in this window
We can use Bentacur then in the box to box role with sarr
I have wondered if us targeting a box to box alternative rather than a DM/Bissouma option is that finding a DM as good or better than Bentancur is looking more difficult.
Yeah, but if its point deduction or let us have him for 50...
He's a fantastic player.

Don't think he would come close to being gettable for us almost regardless of the circumstances after moving there.

I have wondered if us targeting a box to box alternative rather than a DM/Bissouma option is that finding a DM as good or better than Bentancur is looking more difficult.

He's a fantastic player.

Don't think he would come close to being gettable for us almost regardless of the circumstances after moving there.
I think the DM is an easier buy
The box to box player is a rarer breed and if it’s in this window…. We could do get the dm easier

Another player we should look at is Ramsey at Villa. Not getting the starts there this season but had a very high ceiling imo

Again… I don’t think they would sell

The box to box player is a rarer breed and if it’s in this window…. We could do get the dm easier

Another player we should look at is Ramsey at Villa. Not getting the starts there this season but had a very high ceiling imo

Yes, I’ve always thought Ramsey had looked good whenever I’ve seen him.

I'm not sure we are even looking that intently.
We already have Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur. So it's a 4th rotation option better than Skipp, ideally homegrown and prepared to accept they'll be 4th choice until someone's form drops or they displace someone.
We haven't seen a time when all three of those are available for a prolonged period yet - so the first question is, which are the "first choice". And then what combinations work best and what strengths/weaknesses does it create. That'll be the platform to identify who needs to come in/if Skipp gives what is needed.

I don't think Ange's team have the information for CM they need yet.

We already have Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur. So it's a 4th rotation option better than Skipp, ideally homegrown and prepared to accept they'll be 4th choice until someone's form drops or they displace someone.
We haven't seen a time when all three of those are available for a prolonged period yet - so the first question is, which are the "first choice". And then what combinations work best and what strengths/weaknesses does it create. That'll be the platform to identify who needs to come in/if Skipp gives what is needed.

I think we defo want a 4th CM, someone who can compete with the first 3 - with CL next season (you'd hope) there will be plenty of game time to share around

You seen the team today?

We rarely, if ever will have a fully fit team

Ange is aiming for titles and to do that you need depth, form players who can play your way

He wants another CM IMO for sur e

You seen the team today?

We rarely, if ever will have a fully fit team

Ange is aiming for titles and to do that you need depth, form players who can play your way

He wants another CM IMO for sur e
Of course I have.
But it doesn't change the squad make up - unless we are expecting this level of injury/intl competition situation to be a regular occurrence.

So we again… move players out of position
I do agree kulu can be a 10 by the way
It’s why I’ve said we need a 6 who can play
You can see right now the issue in our midfield in that deeper role
None of those are out of position.

Yes you can - because we have two AM's injured and two CMs at AFCON. So the issue today is depth. Two of today's three wouldn't usually start. Potentially three.
So it's back to the scenario I presented - is Skipp 4th choice CM Vs are we looking to upgrade Biss and he become 4th. And if we are to upgrade Skipp the player profile I presented above is likely to stand.

None of those are out of position.

Yes you can - because we have two AM's injured and two CMs at AFCON. So the issue today is depth. Two of today's three wouldn't usually start. Potentially three.
So it's back to the scenario I presented - is Skipp 4th choice CM Vs are we looking to upgrade Biss and he become 4th. And if we are to upgrade Skipp the player profile I presented above is likely to stand.
Bissouma had shown he can’t be relied on for a season with this football
Who is his cover? Bentacur?

Bissouma had shown he can’t be relied on for a season with this football
Who is his cover? Bentacur?
Perhaps. Perhaps not.
If Ange agrees, that puts Sarr and Bentancur as the starting two. It's unlikely Gallagher or Murphy are considered better than Bissouma.

Back