• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

When was the last time we cherry picked a player from them? Gordon Durie? Poyet and Cudicini were more on their way down really.

Who was the last player to go from us to them? Is there someone obvious because I can't think of the last one.

Who was the last player to go from us to them? Is there someone obvious because I can't think of the last one.

Hazard and Colin Lee are the only two I can think of actually. It was more something players did the other way on their way up - Greaves, Venables, Bobby Smith, Durie

They'll be sold by the time the transfer window is open. But at the moment basically the licence only allows them to do business enough that they "survive" although what that means is determined by the government.

Ah that’ll definitely make it easy to sign an up and coming Chelsea contracted youth player! Let’s mention the license in our transfer bid.

Ah that’ll definitely make it easy to sign an up and coming Chelsea contracted youth player! Let’s mention the license in our transfer bid.

As i said they will be sold by the time the transfer window opens. So won't be under sanctions. If not they will have to be able to sell players or season tickets in the summer in order to "survive". Which would be allowed under the licence.

His happiness at Brentford is high as he is back playing football again, doesn't mean he wants to stay there long term (maybe he does).
How do you know his relationship with Levy is not good?

The initial contract issues had much to do with that dynamic mate.

As i said they will be sold by the time the transfer window opens. So won't be under sanctions. If not they will have to be able to sell players or season tickets in the summer in order to "survive". Which would be allowed under the licence.

If you genuinely think we’ll be able to sign a young player from Chelsea who has been tearing it up it the premier league I don’t know what to tell you. Might be worth looking in to the history between the clubs - Leeds / Rose was a very different story.

What initial contract issues? When he first joined?

When he was leaving it didn't seem to be bad blood. Obviously awkward.

More like Mourinho didn't want him to go for injuries and Levy didn't want him to go because the bid was too low.

Didn't like how Levy said "in reality this should be easy to do, because it is small money, we are not talking 100 million pounds, euros, dollars....".

Conversation felt tense, not sure I can rule out bad blood.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

More like Mourinho didn't want him to go for injuries and Levy didn't want him to go because the bid was too low.

Didn't like how Levy said "in reality this should be easy to do, because it is small money, we are not talking 100 million pounds, euros, dollars....".

Conversation felt tense, not sure I can rule out bad blood.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Not saying it is impossible, nothing is and water flows under bridges, but the feelings were real back then.

That he didn't sign a new contract? He was still with us for 18 months more. So the relationship with levy couldn't have been that bad.

the first part you can either believe or not mate, all good. The second part? That's because Levy wouldn't sell him for anything less than a mega mega fee. Eriksen likes the club a lot but time will tell whether water has flowed under Chairman Bridge!

the first part you can either believe or not mate, all good. The second part? That's because Levy wouldn't sell him for anything less than a mega mega fee. Eriksen likes the club a lot but time will tell whether water has flowed under Chairman Bridge!

It's not about believing or not. Just i hadn't heard they had a falling out.

This why Emirates Marketing Project didn't want Kane that much?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61186121
Haaland's contract expires in 2024 but a release clause allows him to leave for 75m euros (£62.8m) this summer.
Balague believes City have sold the Norway forward, 21, the idea of joining now before moving on to Real Madrid.

It's just football business ffs. By the same token, Kane should have the same gripes with the chairman? We all seem to think that CE is a great player, perhaps Levy did and thought he was rightly worth X, let's not forget Levy's bargaining position is weakened if it's publicly known that said player wants to leave.

He'll be paid handsomely if he returns and his dealings/contact with the chairman would be minimal, not that I think there would be a problem anyway, CE and Levy both appear smart enough to reconcile what's gone before.

Back