• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Hear me out…. But would a low ball offer for Maguire be a good idea? Obviously on current form for Utd it’s a terrible idea, but I don’t think this is the real Maguire, he’s played well for them previously and always plays well for England. As part of a 3 man defence I think he could be a good squad player.

I’m just thinking of a value signing there if needed, obviously I’d prefer the likes of Bastoni, Badiashile, Gvardiol, etc.!

Hear me out…. But would a low ball offer for Maguire be a good idea? Obviously on current form for Utd it’s a terrible idea, but I don’t think this is the real Maguire, he’s played well for them previously and always plays well for England. As part of a 3 man defence I think he could be a good squad player.

I’m just thinking of a value signing there if needed, obviously I’d prefer the likes of Bastoni, Badiashile, Gvardiol, etc.!

This is like the ‘we should sell Kane to fund the rebuild’ debate or like someone mentioning Rashford yesterday.

Its completely pointless discussing this as it is absolutely no way being considered by the club under any circumstances whatsoever.

No chance we'd get him and at 29 years old, not really a Levy signng

It's certainly worth a thought.

For him to be a value signing, what price do you reckon we'd be paying?
But what price would Man Utd let an £80million English signing go for to a PL rival?
I think there's a gulf between the answers to those two questions.

It's certainly worth a thought.

For him to be a value signing, what price do you reckon we'd be paying?
But what price would Man Utd let an £80million English signing go for to a PL rival?
I think there's a gulf between the answers to those two questions.
Yea I was thinking below 10m, I am assuming he’s nearing the end of his contract? I’d forgotten he was bought for 80m though!

reckon he’d be better than Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga and prob Davies, so a ready made, decent squad player.

As @AjaxDeSuperYids and @AdamB says though, I’m certain this isn’t even on the table, I’m just throwing out ideas (on a football debating forum!), think his stocks fallen so low that Utd might cut their losses and it could be a bargain for someone, as he’s better than his current form.

On almost £200k a week. So romero would want a payrise. As would probably dier. Then the likes of kulu and bentancur would look at their wages and think they are a bit light...

Its completely pointless discussing this as it is absolutely no way being considered by the club under any circumstances whatsoever.

Can you please upload the list of topics / ideas that not completely pointless to talk about to get this place back on track? Handing out fines for players sneezing, casual sexism and not allowing footballers live lives outside of football are presumably high up on the list of fruitful subjects.

On reflection I dont think we need to carry three back up central defenders, so sell sanchez too and send tanganga on a loan where we can recall him if we need to. Also eriksen and bale are coming so need to fit them in.

Lloris
Romero
New Romero level centre back
New Romero level left sided centre back
Bentancur
New Bentancur level central midfielder
Sessegnon
New right wing back of same level as the two january signings
Kulusevski
Son
Kane

Johnstone
Tanganga (recallable loan)
Dier
Davies
Skipp
Hojbjerg
Eriksen
Reguilon
Doherty
Bergwijn
Lucas
Bale

Johnstone, Eriksen and Bale on frees and then money needs to be committed on two central defenders, one right wing back and one central midfielder. Its also possible at least one of those four could also be a free.

Shouldn’t need massive overall expenditure from the club therefore on players this summer as we can also sell gollini, emerson, sanchez, rodon, carter-vickers, winks, ndombele, lo celso, clarke and gil.

Edit: also season long loans for the best youngsters, sarr, white, devine, john, parrott and scarlett.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1650465897

Telegraph are reporting that Conte is broadly in alignment with my vision for the summer window. Although he wants 6 rather than 7.

The difference is one less centre back so presumably he still has high hopes for Dier but personally I think he should be part of the wider squad not a starter. It would be good to have him to fall back on otherwise who do we fall back on when the situation arises :eek:

Back