• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Right... you literally saying he wasn't quite good enough and was a kind of player we'd have had ten years ago maybe threw me off the scent of what your main point was!

Another solid performance from him yesterday, upping his game in the second half - Hope that isn't too annoying for those clamouring to see him dropped :)

Agreed he was one of our better players yesterday, although that feels like i'm damning him with faint praise because there really wasn't much competition.
Imv for every two good things he does, he mucks another one up.

Its getting to the point that I'm posting less because it feels like there's certain players that you can't praise (royal, sess, sanchez, hugo, davies) and others that unless your comment is a eulogy about how they are the greatest player to pull on a football strip and we should be bloody grateful that they lower themselves to play for spurs, then be prepared to be ridiculed.

I really hope on the Skipp situation is not one of those where he now struggles to string together games and is only an unfortunate blip

Emerson landing on his foot cutting it badly and giving a hairline fracture hopefully wont happen too often.

I was particularly impressed with his dawdling on the ball when Perisic was through, losing it then and left on his backside. That was top class

This is not aimed at you but I honestly think his self PR "warrior" and chest beating blinds some fans to his limited ability.

Yes he works hard, yes he has some good games, but in a role that is crucial to every club he is the weakest link for me now
Hojberg was fine, and he might not be as stylish as Bentancur but has been better. Hojberg had a 94% pass accuracy from 68 passes, completed all six of his attempted long balls, had a 100% dribble success rate, made 85 touches, played 17 final third passes, won two tackles, had that one shot on target and made one interception. It’s funny because I’ve seen him make plenty of defence splitting and line breaking passes, long balls over the top of defences for both Son and Kane yet posters make no real reference to that and all too keen on highlighting the odd mistake. He also comes up with the odd important goal, something I’m still waiting for Bentancur to do…..

Hojberg was fine, and he might not be as stylish as Bentancur but has been better. Hojberg had a 94% pass accuracy from 68 passes, completed all six of his attempted long balls, had a 100% dribble success rate, made 85 touches, played 17 final third passes, won two tackles, had that one shot on target and made one interception. It’s funny because I’ve seen him make plenty of defence splitting and line breaking passes, long balls over the top of defences for both Son and Kane yet posters make no real reference to that and all too keen on highlighting the odd mistake. He also comes up with the odd important goal, something I’m still waiting for Bentancur to do…..

Under Mourinho he was a defensive beast. Often the Mom. But now he’s developing his game more. Occasionally he overthinks and delays a pass but not so much recently. He can pass. He can score and did against Chelsea with a cracker of a goal.

My fear is that Conte sees Bissouma as more competition for Bentancur rather than PEH who seems to be a bit of an untouchable.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Rather than fear that outcome how about wondering if there might be something Conte sees and understands that you don't if Hojbjerg remains "untouchable".

I don't think Hojbjerg is a truly elite level player. He's damned good though.

Agree with all that, just not sure it needed the dig at Bentancur at the end, he’s also a very important player for us, very Carrick esque.

It’s easy to criticize the midfield 2 but they are more often than not playing 2 v 3 in there,”.

Emerson landing on his foot cutting it badly and giving a hairline fracture hopefully wont happen too often.

After 20 games missed last year for another injury.. My point being I hope these injuries are just bad luck and not like with some players things that follow then about.

After 20 games missed last year for another injury.. My point being I hope these injuries are just bad luck and not like with some players things that follow then about.

The 20 games wasn't really an injury. It was a misdiagnosed condition (inflamation of his pelvis). That they tried to treat with an injection that became infected. He was then rushed back too early before it had recovered, so they decided to operate. It's not going to come back.

They are just bad luck. He's not some sick note.

Thats where stats lie because there is no stat for his biggest flaw which is the game passing him by because of his style of running fairly quickly in straight lines but being very slow at reacting if the player with the ball changes direction quickly. He often charges out like a mad man and is undone by a side if they are able to do the simple things like pass in a basic triangle, I see it so often as my season ticket is, unfortunately for PEH, lower block 107 and he hairs towards the line and ends up almost running past the player with the ball.

He is a very game player and solid, but if we want to improve we need to improve on him long term

The 20 games wasn't really an injury. It was a misdiagnosed condition (inflamation of his pelvis). That they tried to treat with an injection that became infected. He was then rushed back too early before it had recovered, so they decided to operate. It's not going to come back.

They are just bad luck. He's not some sick note.

Hence why I said I hope its all bad luck and these things don't follow him about like they do some players

Injuries stopping peoples momentum and getting a head of steam in the game does happen, my point was I hope this is not the case with him. Its was not a prediction or me calling him a sick note, was just a comment

He does all that, it's true. But he's also slow. A faster version of him might give the strikers a split second edge.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Watched Leeds beat Chelsea 3 nothing. Amazing to watch the Chelsea players who beat Spurs players to the ball most of the time, get done by a speedy and hard running Leeds team.

Maybe that super intense Chelsea - Spurs games took a lot out of both sets of players.

However I'm starting to think that we actually don't have enough speedy players in attack. Son is fast, not Kane and Kulu has a sudden turn of pace but he's not fast either. Neither are Perisic nor Royal.

Perhaps we need to sign faster players?

Watched Leeds beat Chelsea 3 nothing. Amazing to watch the Chelsea players who beat Spurs players to the ball most of the time, get done by a speedy and hard running Leeds team.

Maybe that super intense Chelsea - Spurs games took a lot out of both sets of players.

However I'm starting to think that we actually don't have enough speedy players in attack. Son is fast, not Kane and Kulu has a sudden turn of pace but he's not fast either. Neither are Perisic nor Royal.

Nah
I said it after the game last week… Chelsea prepared for our game all summer. Chelsea were gash vs Everton too don’t forget
They just always up their game vs us and plan for that game
Today was a poor Chelsea but more about Chelsea too
We’re better than than but having got near to being peak as you would expect

Nah
I said it after the game last week… Chelsea prepared for our game all summer. Chelsea were gash vs Everton too don’t forget
They just always up their game vs us and plan for that game
Today was a poor Chelsea but more about Chelsea too
We’re better than than but having got near to being peak as you would expect

plus no one has scored more goals than us including those slow players since conte came … easy to forget

I don't think its speed on the ground that's hurting us, it speed of thought. We dawdle on the ball an awful lot imho.

We won't press like that for anything resembling extended periods of time as long as we have Kane and Son in our team imo.

That's just something that needs to be worked around and accepted.

Back