• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Your bench is stronger but Ndombele, Lo Celso have left, are there one or two more players to come in?

We're okay. But if someone goes away, for sure another player has to come. Especially if some players want to go to play regularly. It's difficult to keep them here. But at the same time, it has to be very clear that if a player wants to go play, I have to replace this player. This is very important. We need to have a squad capable to face a lot of games until November. This is very important for me.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/conte-romero-fa-destiny-spence-24792561

I assume he doesnt mean need to replace GLC or Ndombele as that reads...would seem that we might be able to expect more additions on top of what has already been an excellent window

Your bench is stronger but Ndombele, Lo Celso have left, are there one or two more players to come in?

We're okay. But if someone goes away, for sure another player has to come. Especially if some players want to go to play regularly. It's difficult to keep them here. But at the same time, it has to be very clear that if a player wants to go play, I have to replace this player. This is very important. We need to have a squad capable to face a lot of games until November. This is very important for me.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/conte-romero-fa-destiny-spence-24792561

I assume he doesnt mean need to replace GLC or Ndombele as that reads...would seem that we might be able to expect more additions on top of what has already been an excellent window

Probably gil. We've had bids (loans i think) but said he can't go till we get a replacement which looks like it will be the atalanta guy. Tanganga would be another we'd have to replace.

I think anyone who was elimimated from the pre season tour are not counted in his 'if one goes one must come' demand.

They don't even exist in Contes head anymore.

Probably gil. We've had bids (loans i think) but said he can't go till we get a replacement which looks like it will be the atalanta guy. Tanganga would be another we'd have to replace.

I'm not sure I buy the rumours about that Atalanta guy. Never seen him play but unlikely to be a regular starter so an odd player to sign at 29 years old. The only rationale I can see is that he's out of contract in a year and Atalanta are probably a seller and not for a high price.

Seems like a pre-Paratici/Conte signing to me, rather than one we'd make nowadays

I'm not sure I buy the rumours about that Atalanta guy. Never seen him play but unlikely to be a regular starter so an odd player to sign at 29 years old. The only rationale I can see is that he's out of contract in a year and Atalanta are probably a seller and not for a high price.

Seems like a pre-Paratici/Conte signing to me, rather than one we'd make nowadays

Experienced player going cheap due to contract? Bissouma, perisic, forster?

Experienced player going cheap due to contract? Bissouma, perisic, forster?

The first two are first XI starters; Forster ticked the box as a capable HG keeper who would be happy to sit on the bench. Quite different

I'm not sure what the Atalanta guy serves, unless its a value arbitrage - sign him for little now, sell in a year for 3x what we paid

The first two are first XI starters; Forster ticked the box as a capable HG keeper who would be happy to sit on the bench. Quite different

I'm not sure what the Atalanta guy serves, unless its a value arbitrage - sign him for little now, sell in a year for 3x what we paid

Or it just allows us to play in a different way. At the moment we have gil on the bench. Might see him as an upgrade.

20 goals and 19 assists in 84 games over the last 2 seasons is a very decent return.

I don’t get how a team can agree personal terms with a player weeks before negotiations start between the 2 teams, surely that is tapping up?

I understand if clubs want to get rid of the player then they may ask agents to go find a club etc but Chelsea have apparently already agreed personal terms with Fofana at Leicester but Leicester have made it clear they don’t want to sell?

I don’t get how a team can agree personal terms with a player weeks before negotiations start between the 2 teams, surely that is tapping up?

I understand if clubs want to get rid of the player then they may ask agents to go find a club etc but Chelsea have apparently already agreed personal terms with Fofana at Leicester but Leicester have made it clear they don’t want to sell?

Then leicester need to make a complaint. They'd have to prove it though.

Unless Leicester make a complaint about it then I would assume they have allowed the player to talk to Chelsea.

That or the info that personal terms have been agreed is bogus

Unless Leicester make a complaint about it then I would assume they have allowed the player to talk to Chelsea.

That or the info that personal terms have been agreed is bogus

Every team does it. Was watching talksport the day before yesterday. Danny murphy was shocked utd hadn't agreed personal terms with rabiot before making a bid. He said thats the first things clubs do, to see if it's worthwhile making a bid. Simon did have a little dig saying it was against the rules and they both laughed that off.
Thing is these days agents represent, clubs, players, managers. Even if you had photos of a players agent with another clubs chairman. Unless the conversation was recorded, it's impossible to prove they were talking about a transfer of your player.

Yeah I'm aware clubs will be sounding players out all the time otherwise it's just a waste of everyones time. However "agreeing personal terms' as a statement is a lot more official and I'd doubt this gets done until it's all legit and above board with the selling clubs consent

Yeah I'm aware clubs will be sounding players out all the time otherwise it's just a waste of everyones time. However "agreeing personal terms' as a statement is a lot more official and I'd doubt this gets done until it's all legit and above board with the selling clubs consent

Is the statement official though? Who has made it?

It may be tapping up. It's supposed no be against the rules, but it happens all the time I think. From just about every club. Seems to be some unstated lines that teams try not to cross, but some acceptance of these kinds of things happening.

"Agreed personal terms" may also be an overstatement by the media. Perhaps sometimes more that there's an interest, a broad agreement on the kind of payment and contract that both would find acceptable. "Yeah, we'll figure this out" kind of verbal agreement rather than actually agreement on everything.

Still "tapping up" I would say, but again seems to be accepted even though not really within the rules and regulations.

Huh?

It's a rumour, which is that 'personal terms have been agreed'

We are discussing whether or not that can happen without a club giving permission

If it is a rumour then it is no more official than any other rumour. In the context of if leicester were to complain to the prem.

If it is a rumour then it is no more official than any other rumour. In the context of if leicester were to complain to the prem.

The rumour is something official has happened, it's pretty straightforward the point i was making

The rumour is something official has happened, it's pretty straightforward the point i was making

Ok, but leicester can't use a rumour as a basis of an official complaint. There will be lawyers involved. They'd need evidence. Or just be laughed at.

Also agreeing personal terms does not mean a contract has been signed.

Back