• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Bale has resigned for the club connection, that's what all the talk from himself and his agent was about.

We can sign left backs playing at Sevilla and strikers from Benfica regardless of who the manager is.

Ndombele was a more impressive signing on paper last summer than anyone this summer. Arguably Lo Celso too
Last summer we could offer champions league football and had just played the champions league final. This summer all we could guarantee was a Europa League qualifying campaign.

I'm holding off on Gareth. Yes, he 'was' a world-class player. Proof of the pudding etc.
The rest are OKis.
Reguilon looks to have some motor.
Need defenders desperately.

fudging hell mate .. was? really? you been watching UK sports news again that are asking if Bale is the guy that left? = actually no, he did some stuff in that time ..

There is only one question about Bale (who is younger than Aguero, Lewandowski and Aubamayang btw), is can he give us 30 games for the season.

fudging hell mate .. was? really? you been watching UK sports news again that are asking if Bale is the guy that left? = actually no, he did some stuff in that time ..

There is only one question about Bale (who is younger than Aguero, Lewandowski and Aubamayang btw), is can he give us 30 games for the season.
He's no Dean Whitehead

Other than bale, none of the new signings are anything to get excited about, at least individually. And I am totally happy with that.
But mix them with who we have and suddenly we actually have a very strong squad, the strongest I can remember for a long time.
My hope now is that we a focus on a target of what we want to achieve with them short to medium term, europa lge or f a cup this season, top four next, or vice versa.
Please don't try and run before we can walk and go chasing things we aren't yet in a position to win. That I feel led to Pochs downfall.

Other than bale, none of the new signings are anything to get excited about, at least individually. And I am totally happy with that.
But mix them with who we have and suddenly we actually have a very strong squad, the strongest I can remember for a long time.
My hope now is that we a focus on a target of what we want to achieve with them short to medium term, europa lge or f a cup this season, top four next, or vice versa.
Please don't try and run before we can walk and go chasing things we aren't yet in a position to win. That I feel led to Pochs downfall.
That's strange, I think they are all exciting other than perhaps Doherty (who offers like for like competition for Aurier).

Oh and Hart as well but he is still an upgrade on Gazzaniga.

That's strange, I think they are all exciting other than perhaps Doherty (who offers like for like competition for Aurier).

Oh and Hart as well but he is still an upgrade on Gazzaniga.

It's probably more to do with my total lack of interest of football outside of spurs, so most of them are unknown/little known to me.
But as I say I'm good with that, in terms of superstars and good pros we have a very good balance. If Jose can do what he's best at, man manage, we can really build on this.

And its spurs, if there's a way to fudge it up we will find it.

Only if your sense of excitement is media hype

Is Bale better than Lucas -> yes, he's better than everyone in our squad
Is Reguilon better than Davies -> Attacking wise, pace, potential, yes. Not sure how you won't get excited about this guy ... pace excites every football fan
Is PEH better than Winks/Sissoko as a DM -> absolutely yes
Is Doherty better than Aurier -> stats would say yes, most people would say yes as well

So 4 player upgrades to first team

Hart fixes a HG problem and Vinicius fills a 14 month hole in the squad

We have done the following
- Fixed gaping holes in the squad (FB, CM, ST)
- Added a true WC player to the squad
- Balanced the squad
- Added leadership/experience
- Reset the mentality via squad refresh
- Backed the manager more than anyone would have expected

We should be over the fudging moon ...

Only if your sense of excitement is media hype

Is Bale better than Lucas -> yes, he's better than everyone in our squad
Is Reguilon better than Davies -> Attacking wise, pace, potential, yes. Not sure how you won't get excited about this guy ... pace excites every football fan
Is PEH better than Winks/Sissoko as a DM -> absolutely yes
Is Doherty better than Aurier -> stats would say yes, most people would say yes as well

So 4 player upgrades to first team

Hart fixes a HG problem and Vinicius fills a 14 month hole in the squad

We have done the following
- Fixed gaping holes in the squad (FB, CM, ST)
- Added a true WC player to the squad
- Balanced the squad
- Added leadership/experience
- Reset the meteorology via squad refresh
- Backed the manager more than anyone would have expected

We should be over the fudging moon ...

As a collection of signings I am over the moon, but individually I'm not.
Not that I have anything against any of them, well apart from Hart, i have very limited knowledge of any of them so it would be hypocritical of me to have a strong opinion of any of them either way.
I think we have done great business, business that reflects well on the ethos of the club and team.
I'm delighted, just not excited.
And for me that's a positive thing.

Last summer we could offer champions league football and had just played the champions league final. This summer all we could guarantee was a Europa League qualifying campaign.

Pretty much. Of these signings, Hart and Hojbjerg are ones we could always make, whether we were in the Europa League or the Championship. Doherty and Vinicius happened more because of the Jorge Mendes connection than anything else - we got both as a result of working with Mendes via Mourinho. Same with the Gedson deal in January.

But the two signings that defied expectations this summer were Reguilon and Bale. I think folks are underestimating how much of a coup it was to get Reguilon - yes, he has that release clause which complicates things, but this was arguably the best left-back in La Liga and one of the very best in Europe, signing for us while we were plodding away in Bulgaria and North Macedonia. The guy will be absolute mustard, and it would have been hard to do that one even in a CL year.

The other was, of course, Bale, which doesn't need much explaining. Close to zero chance of it happening even in a CL year, so for it to happen in an EL year was marvellous.

It's a solid window. The one thing to push it over the line into probably the best window for two-odd decades would be bringing in someone like Skriniar - a top class center-back to fix that horrible chasm that we have there, because none of Sanchez, Dier or Toby look remotely convincing.

Back