• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

So far I not seen any of the new arrivals that fill me with optimism other than Reguilon.
Well we have signed bale and seems to care more than most about what’s happening and is a world class player
Doherty is IMO the 2nd best attacking right back in the league
Reggie is really really good
I expressed my thoughts about PEH when we brought him but he is changing my opinion there which I’m really happy about
That’s straight away 4 new first team players
To me that’s brilliant business
When I look at other clubs their seems to be quite a few with no plan on their acquisitions

Don't think anyone has said the players don't want to play for Jose, just that him being here hasn't allowed the club to buy players previously out of reach as was suggested by Metalgear

If you disagree with that I'd like to know which of the players we have signed this window you think are of a level previously unattainable to a club of our stature?

bale, regulon for sure. vicinius very likely.
do you think if we had redknapp these players would be interested?

different managers attract different players - i believe that.
that are some attracted to poch and different ones attracted to jose.

i would agree that not all players care about who their managers are, but a majority do and are able to influence the club the get rid of the manager.

I'm holding off on Gareth. Yes, he 'was' a world-class player. Proof of the pudding etc.
The rest are OKis.
Reguilon looks to have some motor.
Need defenders desperately.

I'm holding off on Gareth. Yes, he 'was' a world-class player. Proof of the pudding etc.
The rest are OKis.
Well as I say compared to others who have signed players ours are much more established and proven

The rest are OKis.

47928705.jpg

Well it does to me as it’s a measure of how we improve
If we add better than our peers in theory we go above them
That's far too subjective to be measurable?
I get your drift, but the only way we will know for sure how we have is done, is if we beat the buggers.

I've been watching us since 1965 ish. Please and politely, get real. :rolleyes:

I am real and have a feeling of optimism on all new signings as I dont own a crystal ball and have no idea how they will work out. As in all walk of life there are very few guarantees of success so I take try to take a positive view until proved otherwise. You will know after following the club for almost 50 years that many of the "great signings" we've made over the years haven't worked out. I think that the signings we've made have improved the squad and will provide us with more competion for starting places.

That's far too subjective to be measurable?
I get your drift, but the only way we will know for sure how we have is done, is if we beat the buggers.
True
We have lost twice since lock down
That’s a step in the right direction now we’re adding to the players that did what we did last season

I am real and have a feeling of optimism on all new signings as I dont own a crystal ball and have no idea how they will work out. As in all walk of life there are very few guarantees of success so I take try to take a positive view until proved otherwise. You will know after following the club for almost 50 years that many of the "great signings" we've made over the years haven't worked out. I think that the signings we've made have improved the squad and will provide us with more competion for starting places.

I'm truly pleased for you and I do not completely disagree. Let us see how thing go.

True
We have lost twice since lock down
That’s a step in the right direction now we’re adding to the players that did what we did last season

Look, I'm hopeful things will pan out with Jose. Early days for the new guys. Let us wait and see. Hope for the best and..

Last edited:
bale, regulon for sure. vicinius very likely.
do you think if we had redknapp these players would be interested?

different managers attract different players - i believe that.
that are some attracted to poch and different ones attracted to jose.

i would agree that not all players care about who their managers are, but a majority do and are able to influence the club the get rid of the manager.

Bale has resigned for the club connection, that's what all the talk from himself and his agent was about.

We can sign left backs playing at Sevilla and strikers from Benfica regardless of who the manager is.

Ndombele was a more impressive signing on paper last summer than anyone this summer. Arguably Lo Celso too

Bale has resigned for the club connection, that's what all the talk from himself and his agent was about.

We can sign left backs playing at Sevilla and strikers from Benfica regardless of who the manager is.

Ndombele was a more impressive signing on paper last summer than anyone this summer. Arguably Lo Celso too

Spot on! My feelings in a nutshell! This lad has the X factor!

Back