• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Still think Levy is waiting to see if we get the Europa league “windfall” to decide on our budget. Hopefully Friday sees some action (transfer related, not billyiddo and pirate55. Although if that happens too then fine)

Still think Levy is waiting to see if we get the Europa league “windfall” to decide on our budget. Hopefully Friday sees some action (transfer related, not billyiddo and pirate55. Although if that happens too then fine)

It's possible, with fan attendance pushed off again, everyone can see why clubs would be cautious

Perhaps Europa means we go big for both ST & CB, without, maybe one is a "lesser/cheaper" option

Mourinho made it abundantly clear virtually right from the off that we needed one. In January, when our need was pressing and urgent, we only signed Bergwyn. Is he an upgrade on Son, Lucas, Lamela, Sessegnon, Sissoko, or Dele, who can all play in that wide position? Answer - no. We have less than a week to go before most of the available and gettable targets will be no longer be available to us. Levy should ask Mourinho who he wants and then go balls out for him. We could sell any and all the listed players ( except Son) to fund this most urgent acquisition for a type of player you agree we don't have in the squad. Not to do so would be completely negligent in my view.

Seeing the window close with the manager not getting the CF option he wants would be a negative mark for sure, have not suggested otherwise so I'm not really sure what you're railing against in my posts

It's possible, with fan attendance pushed off again, everyone can see why clubs would be cautious. Perhaps Europa means we go big for both ST & CB, without, maybe one is a "lesser/cheaper" option

Yeah if the £15m from the group stages is accurate then that would pay for a ST with maybe some left over.
Dont qualify and perhaps we get someone on a free.

Makes sense imo, as I would guess we've spent more than planned atm.

Jadon Sancho for £120m?!? United offer £90m.

Sancho has been good when I've seen him and he'll probably have re-sale value but he's a winger so has limited influence on the game. I've also never seen him properly deliver at the top level of the game. Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely insane from United? fudge me, Reguilon for £25m or whatever, Doherty for £15m and Hojbjerg for £15m look like incredible pieces of business if that's where the market is at.

Mourinho made it abundantly clear virtually right from the off that we needed one. In January, when our need was pressing and urgent, we only signed Bergwyn. Is he an upgrade on Son, Lucas, Lamela, Sessegnon, Sissoko, or Dele, who can all play in that wide position? Answer - no. We have less than a week to go before most of the available and gettable targets will be no longer be available to us. Levy should ask Mourinho who he wants and then go balls out for him. We could sell any and all the listed players ( except Son) to fund this most urgent acquisition for a type of player you agree we don't have in the squad. Not to do so would be completely negligent in my view.
It's been quite obvious that our transfer strategy has changed somewhat after Mourinho took over (not a complete change of course). As has been seen in previous changes of manager.

It's of course possible that for Mourinho a striker is and has been the number one priority. I think a more likely read of the situation is that Mourinho and Levy are fairly well coordinated on what's going on.

It's been quite obvious that our transfer strategy has changed somewhat after Mourinho took over (not a complete change of course). As has been seen in previous changes of manager.

Has it changed that much? Hojbjerg, Reguilon and Bergwijn all fit the profile of signings made under Poch, whilst Hart is no different to Vorm.

You could argue that Doherty is different in approach to before given he's 29 in Jan, but the ridiculously low fee made his age less relevant - if he stays til 33/34 with no re-sale value afterwards, its just £3m per year for the fee.

Bale again you could argue is different but it there is little/no fee, then its just about his wages

Jadon Sancho for £120m?!? United offer £90m.

Sancho has been good when I've seen him and he'll probably have re-sale value but he's a winger so has limited influence on the game. I've also never seen him properly deliver at the top level of the game. Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely insane from United? fudge me, Reguilon for £25m or whatever, Doherty for £15m and Hojbjerg for £15m look like incredible pieces of business if that's where the market is at.

I agree, it's not like when Real Madrid bought Bale and he was clearly world class and a level above everyone else.

Is Sancho even going to improve them that much? I'm not sure.

They seem to spend their money so badly, but ultimately that's good for us :)

Back