• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

6404611.jpg

Must be tough for Tarkowski. Imagine being 28 playing well enough at Burnley to maybe, just maybe finally get that one big move in your career to a better club and very possibly force your way into the England squad for a tournament... then only getting linked to West Ham!

Watching some of the Rennes game (Vs St Etienne) to catch a bit of Camavinga. Yep he's good, only 18, might just be a bit like Eze.

What I did notice was what a good game Nzonzi had playing alongside the youngster. The more defensive of the pair but still pressing further up when asked and his passing thru the lines, after receiving it of defenders, was impressive. He also appears calm and assured about everything he's doing.
Annoyingly I noticed he's at Roma, out of favour by the look of it as he was loaned to Galatasary last season and Rennes this. He's 31 but on a loan I could easily see of seen him being a great option for us. Him with Ndombele and LaCelso?

Watching some of the Rennes game (Vs St Etienne) to catch a bit of Camavinga. Yep he's good, only 18, might just be a bit like Eze.

What I did notice was what a good game Nzonzi had playing alongside the youngster. The more defensive of the pair but still pressing further up when asked and his passing thru the lines, after receiving it of defenders, was impressive. He also appears calm and assured about everything he's doing.
Annoyingly I noticed he's at Roma, out of favour by the look of it as he was loaned to Galatasary last season and Rennes this. He's 31 but on a loan I could easily see of seen him being a great option for us. Him with Ndombele and LaCelso?

Certainly would make more sense then Fernandes.

Manchester United are refusing to give up their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund's England forward Jadon Sancho, 20. (ESPN)

Manchester United will allow Wales winger Daniel James, 22, to join Leeds United on loan, but only if they sign Sancho. (Sun)

They are also considering a move for Senegal winger Ismaila Sarr, 22, from Watford, if they fail to land Sancho. (Mail)

Bayern Munich are considering a bid for Norwich City's 20-year-old English right-back Max Aarons. (Mail)

Tottenham are considering another move for Inter and Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar, but are unwilling to meet the 25-year-old's asking price. (Guardian)

Everton and Leicester City are both interested in Chelsea's French defender Kurt Zouma, 25. (Le10 Sport - in French)

Tottenham could bring in Germany defender Antonio Rudiger, 27, who has fallen out of favour at Chelsea, (Sky Sports

Sheffield United have offered Liverpool £17m for England Under-21 striker Rhian Brewster and are prepared to include a buy-back clause in the deal. (Sun)

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti does not expect English winger Theo Walcott, 31, to leave the club this transfer window. (Mail)

AC Milan are interested in a loan deal for Manchester United and Portugal right-back Diogo Dalot, 21. (Sky Sport Italia - in Italian)

Lazio are in talks to sign the Manchester United's Brazilian midfielder Andreas Pereira, 24, on a season-long loan with an option to buy. (Telegraph)

Tottenham and Argentina defender Juan Foyth, 22, is a target for Valencia. (COPE - in Spanish)

Barcelona are closing in on a final deal for Ajax and USA right-back Sergino Dest, 19, but are unlikely to make any further signings. (Goal)

Lyon are prepared to sell 22-year-old French midfielder Houssem Aouar, who is being linked with a move to Arsenal. (Sky Sports)

Utd's pursuit of Sancho seems a tad embarassing for them, seeminly just whining tha Dortmund are pricing him too high and they should just bow down for them. Well maybe, just maybe they price him highly because he's an amazing player that they don't want to sell.

Utd's pursuit of Sancho seems a tad embarassing for them, seeminly just whining tha Dortmund are pricing him too high and they should just bow down for them. Well maybe, just maybe they price him highly because he's an amazing player that they don't want to sell.
I’ve seen a few of these where buyer fancies a player but not at the asking price, only makes sense if club need to sell (e.g us and Rose) or the player is agitating for the move. To his credit I don’t think Sancho is doing this, Woodward is tying to do a Levy to get someone to take him seriously!

Pretty unequivocal there in the pre game Sky interview from Mourinho that he wants another number 9.

This is game number 1 that we're going into this season where we are weakened by not doing our business in time. Hopefully we'll go through anyway but if we don't then that will be 1 of the 3 cups we have a realistic change of winning gone.

Pretty unequivocal there in the pre game Sky interview from Mourinho that he wants another number 9.

This is game number 1 that we're going into this season where we are weakened by not doing our business in time. Hopefully we'll go through anyway but if we don't then that will be 1 of the 3 cups we have a realistic change of winning gone.

Mourinho will just have to make do with the 5 first team squad signings he's had so far this window for now

Mourinho will just have to make do with the 5 first team squad signings he's had so far this window for now
Yep.... And I assume he'll state that we'll just have to make do without winning anything again as a result (although I still think we'll bring somebody in up front - just a bit worried as to who that 'somebody' will be).

Yep.... And I assume he'll state that we'll just have to make do without winning anything again as a result (although I still think we'll bring somebody in up front - just a bit worried as to who that 'somebody' will be).

I know what i think is the more reasonable position of the two.

Anyone who's not happy with the window so far needs a reality check - 4 first XI positions strengthened and you're moaning about not buying a backup CF (yet) pull the other one

I know what i think is the more reasonable position of the two.

Anyone who's not happy with the window so far needs a reality check - 4 first XI positions strengthened and you're moaning about not buying a backup CF (yet) pull the other one
But we need a striker, it's a key position. Will you truly be happy with this window if we don't sign one even looking at the squad now we Son out injured already?

But we need a striker, it's a key position. Will you truly be happy with this window if we don't sign one even looking at the squad now we Son out injured already?

We needed the other players too and for my money need a CB before we get to the importance of a back up CF, as starting XI improvements will always take precident over what's in reserve.

We'll no doubt sign a back up CF I'm sure, along with a starting CB and if we don't the fact we have Bale AND Son able to play CF will leave us in an improved position from last season anyway, even if not ideal.

For someone to think no back up CF would mean this window isn't one to be truly happy with would seriously make me question their sense of perspective

Last edited:
We needed the other players too and for my money need a CB before we get to the importance of a back up CF, as starting XI improvements will always take precident over what's in reserve.

We'll no doubt sign a back up CF I'm sure, along with a starting CB and if we don't the fact we have Bale AND Son able to play CF will leave us in an improved position from last season anyway, even if not ideal.

For someone to think no back up CF would mean this window isn't one to be truly happy with would seriously make me question their sense of perspective

Well enjoy this game as we go out meekly without a striker and maybe not even with a shot on target.

Back