• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I was not happy with what I saw, it was a tough game and we absolutely need to improve

- I do think though, if both Wolves and City went away thinking "unlucky", they are being naïve. As others have said, we have seen this show before, except it was us.
- Forget xG, possession, even attempts, how many saves did Hugo have to make? 2?

What is worth noting is in both games

- We made them play in the areas we wanted them to play, i.e. pushed them wide
- We created counters all game long, as easily as you could say they could have converted something, both games could have been 3-0 to us with no real shock (based on our opps created)

I can't judge this side until we start with a striker (Kane) and one of the CMs (Lo Celso or Ndombele)

Didn't think we looked nearly as threatening on the break against Wolves as against City.

Wolves got behind us, got to the byline, got good crosses in with movement and players to target in the box.

And that's with us getting the first goal.

We simply must do a lot more both in terms of playing through pressure, keeping the ball and creating chances other than when counter attacking.

Still early days, still work and improvement to come hopefully. But the Wolves game wasn't good at all and highlighted some of the reasons why a couple of signings are hopefully made.

Didn't think we looked nearly as threatening on the break against Wolves as against City.

Wolves got behind us, got to the byline, got good crosses in with movement and players to target in the box.

And that's with us getting the first goal.

We simply must do a lot more both in terms of playing through pressure, keeping the ball and creating chances other than when counter attacking.

Still early days, still work and improvement to come hopefully. But the Wolves game wasn't good at all and highlighted some of the reasons why a couple of signings are hopefully made.
They got wide as they doubled down on the sides
But because of that they had no one in the middle
They repeated the tactic with NO product
They then resorted to spanking shots form range
IMO its a odd high energy tactic that will get some results but won’t work against many well organised sides

They got wide as they doubled down on the sides
But because of that they had no one in the middle
They repeated the tactic with NO product
They then resorted to spanking shots form range
IMO its a odd high energy tactic that will get some results but won’t work against many well organised sides

It will work against enough lower level sides (simply overwhelm them) to keep Wolves in top 10

Fact is, it didn't work against Leicester (they had more then than against us), didn't work against us, it's tactically naïve and probably lead to huge drop off at end of season with a small squad.

It will work against enough lower level sides (simply overwhelm them) to keep Wolves in top 10

Fact is, it didn't work against Leicester (they had more then than against us), didn't work against us, it's tactically naïve and probably lead to huge drop off at end of season with a small squad.
And requires super fitness too

Yup, and Skippy is the difference.
Seriously? He's been ok, but not good in any way. He's quite easily bypassed very often, hence all the reckless tackles from behind he has to make. Doesn't progress with the ball either. Has started to look a lot like Winks; receives the ball, has the option to turn and move forward, but doesn't.
He's only 20 and it's only been 2 games, but he's been a bit of a liability imo.

Seriously? He's been ok, but not good in any way. He's quite easily bypassed very often, hence all the reckless tackles from behind he has to make. Doesn't progress with the ball either. Has started to look a lot like Winks; receives the ball, has the option to turn and move forward, but doesn't.
He's only 20 and it's only been 2 games, but he's been a bit of a liability imo.
He has been 'safety first' in possession, but has done a huge amount of good work in terms of positioning, tracking, tackling, shielding the defence, so your post is incorrect IMO.

What a load of gonad*s. Next you'll be telling us you bought a robot vacuum cleaner....

Not quite true mate, technicalities but really just money management, 3 in ..

Challenge is we need at least another 3, and I suspect we are spending a lot of time on outgoing as well
We have 3 new joiners
But until we actually own them…
The Traore offer is a loan too

We have 3 new joiners
But until we actually own them…
The Traore offer is a loan too

Yep, but it's clearly the club trying to punt the actual cash payment to after a season of having stadium running (which flimflams the theory that we have been spending the Kane money).

I think we struggle if we don't get another 1 or 2 in that can add to first 11.

Yep, but it's clearly the club trying to punt the actual cash payment to after a season of having stadium running (which flimflams the theory that we have been spending the Kane money).

I think we struggle if we don't get another 1 or 2 in that can add to first 11.
Struggle … depend on what you think we’re aiming for
We do need more players in
I’m worried about the CB options or lack of. We had no cover on the bench yesterday which is bonkers

Struggle … depend on what you think we’re aiming for
We do need more players in
I’m worried about the CB options or lack of. We had no cover on the bench yesterday which is bonkers

Gollini/Hugo

Tanganga/Doherty - Sanchez/Dier - Romero/Rodon - Davies/Reguilon

PEH/Skipp - Lo Celso/Ndombele - Dele/Sess

Lucas/Son - Kane - Bergwijn/Gil

That's likely line up at this point, major holes

- 2nd Striker
- RW
- Further CB addition (we have two CB injuries, but we could have emergency optioned either Davies or Tanganga in there, Doherty taking RB)
- anyone of those out, require replacing

I'd say that squad is 5th/6th in league

Back